What's in the booooox?

In reality, what would happen Det. Mills? Does he still have a career?

A good lawyer would push a temp-insanity plea if the police force was by the book. He'd get extensive psychological review but he wouldn't be formally charged. No jury on earth would convict a man who just had his wife and unborn child murdered and given to him in a box and the DA wouldn't risk hurting the relationship with the police force.

If the force was corrupt, they'd say the guy resisted and Mills would get a 2 week suspension with pay and probably a medal.

probably

he'd get a ton of shit but end of the day police look out for their own

>yfw Somerset was the real killer

I like the alternate ending when Somerset shoots the killer and says "I'm retiring." or something like that. Spares Mills the disciplinary action (if any) and he knows he'd likely be treated very gracefully by the higher ups.

>when Somerset shoots the killer and says "I'm retiring."
That's the studio version
Fincher's original cut had him slice off John Doe's face, put it on his own as a mask and saying "Look at me, I'm the Sesevenen now"

I think the better question is, does he have a life afterwards.

And makes double sense since he's also the killer.

can someone explain this meme
how can Morgan Freeman be the killer?

This. If anything, he'd either quit the force or kill himself.

He moves back to London with his ma, adopts a weird accent, and bareknuckle boxes to try and feel alive again.

probably got put on paid leave for a few months

i'd say he most likely wound up killing himself or becoming an alcoholic.

He wouldn't be a police officer anymore but he wouldn't go to prison either. No jury is going to convict him.

I doubt it would even go to trial. DA wouldn't want to embarrass itself trying to jail a detective who killed a serial killer.

>Fun Fact: 8MM was originally a sequel to se7en

>tfw I thought this is how it would end and thought I was clever for figuring it out

Focus groups probably didn't understand it or some bullshit. The same reason 'I am Legend" had its ending changed to feelgood shit.

did you even watch the movie? it's all there...

Except it's not.

Don't pay it any mind. Every movie always has a group of people with a conspiracy theory.

What about JFK?

The Cigarette Smoking Man killed him.

he starts a fight club iirc

Hehed heartily