Am I a pleb for liking it?

Am I a pleb for liking it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M4sEcIHG0Yc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For liking the most patrician pop album of the decade? Yes.

you are cancer that killing this this board with your poptimism

You'd be a pleb for not liking it

It's just a phase. So don't worry. Some day you'll grow up like others too and listen to classic jazz.

I love it as well. B sides album was a bit better though. Both are really great in my opinion

Reminded me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=M4sEcIHG0Yc

fuck off already
there's a reason any "discussions" on this album quickly devolve on discussing her or poptimism itself: there's not much to talk about, it's just there, it's not interesting in the slightest

>the most patrician pop album of the decade
What is Halfaxa?

But you're wrong, user

lol, kill yourself already

OP, please refrain from using the word pleb again. You're not cancer for liking Carly Rae: you're cancer for spreading that bullshit word that has been living for way too long in this board.

That being said, that album is great. I think I prefer "Kiss", though.

I'm right, you are wrong. Sorry. Emotion is a mere 1989 by Taylor Swift copy, Halfaxa is unique patrician pop.

>Lying on the internet

The problem with poptimists is they seek constant validation on how legitimately good any given critically mainstream pop album is. They can't just enjoy an album without making a spectacle of their enjoyment in any discussion. No other music "fandom" is so insistent on the worth of their music to outsiders.

>confusing truth with lies
>on the internet

this album is both pleb and patrician
it's that rarest of beasts, the "plebtrician" album

pleb

>without making a spectacle of their enjoyment
You're missing the point that discussing music should be an entertaining thing. Making a spectacle is actually what drives pop music forward. Almost no one likes dull artists and dull discussions.

I'd rather see some flamed arguments than some boring technical discussions that are useless anyway. Entertain or die.

not pop t b h

>Thinking one's lies are truth
>on the internet

you are literally the anti-intellectual knee-jerk cancer killing culture right now

nah ive been listening to it a fuck ton lately OP. took me a bit to like, idk, get used to the fact that its really just a top 40 pop record, and the problems that stem from that, ie theres really not much depth to it instrumentally, so theres not "more to discover" so to speak on repeat listens, its just really well written, super tight pop music.
its still like at least a 7.5-8/10 for me

My normie friends always tell me to turn it off whenever I play it around them so it probably isn't a pleb album.

Speak for yourself, jerk. You're killing culture with your pseudo-intellectual ramblings. No one gives a fuck about your elitist crap. People discuss whatever they want, NOT what do you want. Capisci?

I mean, it didnt sell like a good top 40 record should so i guess there's something not to like? its just so fucking catchy and easily consumed, I don't get it

how do you function in every day life? do you talk like that irl?

State of your english
State of your typing

This is a textbook example of why poptimists are cancer. Liking pop music is fine. Being this defensive and melodramatic over pop music not being appealing to everyone is such an autistic move.

>State of your english
* English

When you criticize someone's language and typing, be sure you're perfect, you dumb grammar nazi.

is that the fucking dictionary definition on the album cover? that is literally a 13 year old's idea of deep

This, though I like both Side A and Side B equally.
But Side B slightly felt like DLC for the first album but it's still great DLC, nonetheless.

No. This album is fucking perfect pop music.

State of your sentence structure

But it isn't meant to be deep. It's just a part of the cover.

>melodramatic

>poptimists are cancer
>such an autistic move

What's the deal? You're even more melodramatic than me, ffs.

Deal with it.

>Capisci?

Whatever you say, pal.

I totally agree with this statement, and it's about fucking time that people were willing to call out the pompous poptimists.

I think people crafted their ideas of Carly on Call Me Maybe (which is a great song, but due to overplay normies don't like it) because of that I'd assume that it's just a situation of people not liking it because they think they aren't meant to like it. Other than that I can't think of any other reasons.

>it's about fucking time that people were willing to call out the pompous poptimists
Why? To stop them? Lmao!

>I'd rather see dumb shitflinging by people that can't read or write than intelligent discussions

>he implies that he wants intelligent discussions
>he shitposts some crap itt with a dumb reaction pic
Practice what you preach, buddy

I'll tell you what: this record is fucking great and I don't even care if it's pleb or not (so should you). Even my normies friends who like 21 pilots mock me for enjoying Carly. its cool tho

No one can stop their pseudo-intellectual wanker thinkpieces and features about retarded pop singers that try to make them sound like Tibetan lamas. There seem to be more people pointing out what bullshit it is (hello Quietus), and it makes me happy