Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums

I made a collaborative drawing app which lets you draw with other people, here's a room especially for you guys

drawy.io/d/qhyhbsalrworffj5

Check it out and let me know what you think, also try to play nicely ;)

Other urls found in this thread:

drawy.io/d/b0vywjnupew8go29
drawy.io/d/ckikij2cu8e4gpm4
drawy.io/d/koyeenl4ts63mggj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

such an original idea

It's basically flockdraw but using html5 canvas instead of flash

nice site user

Shameless bump

drawy.io/d/b0vywjnupew8go29

>drawy.io/d/b0vywjnupew8go29
one of the better ones

Your app doesn't support mass scribbling well.

Yeah it craps out. Gonna try fix that very soon

Basically this is a really earlyso I'm trying to see if I can test it to breaking point then fix any bugs that appear

Also i'm totally gonna disable flood fill

Don't try and make it troll proof, it's a waste of effort. Just focus on stability for now.

just gotta wonder how long a person can just scribble on a board for.

Yeah that's my plan. Seen quite a few problem crop up when lots of people are in the same room.

great job user

bump

WOW

This is what reddit/place could've looked like.

reddit/place is good but a bit restrictive ;)

This is gonna get fixed, i want to make the scribbles auto post after a set interval, will fix the problem where you can hold down the button for ages and get a perma-scribble

Problem? That felt like a solution for me.

I guess it means you can beat the trolls. Bit of a crude ugly fix though. Need a more elegant solution

Again, you can't beat trolls on applications like this. Especially when even rapid scribbling with a large brush will fuck up lower end users. To be frank trolls as only as much of a problem as the place the drawy.io link is posted to. If I'm really bothered by a troll, I can just move to a different room.

Don't bother making it troll proof... Unless that's your goal with this project...?

I want to allow trolling but also allow people to create private rooms. The idea of a private room is that it doesn't appear in any gallery listings - only those who know the URL can see it. So you can draw with some people you trust if you want to

Here's some new stuff I want to add after I fix the various problems when lots of people are logged into a room

- private rooms that are not displayed in gallery list
- chat room for each room
- zooming
- undo
- snapshots - take a snapshoot of a room and post comments on it
- can create new room from snapshot
- staff picks for the homepage
- nsfw tagging system

Add color palettes, hexadecimal color picking and maybe layers and you've got a super solid game plan.

drawy.io/d/ckikij2cu8e4gpm4

Thanks user, hex colour picking is quite easy tbh. I thought swatches might be useful as well. not sure how to integrate into ui nicely though

A button on the bottom of the color pick window? Could also have the swatches there.

I think it might be a feature of the colour picker library I used, can deffo take a look

bump

bump
drawy.io/d/koyeenl4ts63mggj

I like it.

nice work guys

We had someone who was drawing kinda decent lewds, but it didn't last too long.

It seems people can't resist fucking up other peoples drawings

Bump