Be me, 16, clinical insomnia

>be me, 16, clinical insomnia
>go to hospital a couple times a month to get sedated after being awake for over 120 hours (5 days)
>fail school
>family spends about $80k over 4 years trying to find out what's wrong
>can't hold job
>can't hold relationships, platonic or otherwise
>medications don't seem to work
>be 20
>go to new doctor, haven't slept in 3 days and lost my job 2 weeks ago because hadn't been sleeping
>prescribes me new medication that works
>become a normie
>get girlfriend
>hold job for a year
>still have ups and downs but pretty stable

Now what? 6 years of my life pretty much lost. All i know how to do is write and play minecraft.

tfw getting better, brings more pain

What did he give you I've had constant insomnia sense I came back from deployment and nothing seems to work

zopiclone

benzo's would relax me but not put me out, this actually makes me go unconscious.

they use it to get people off of xanax, when i first went on it i took it for 5 days straight and the withdrawls from just that was like the worst hang over i'd ever had with out so much of the queezy feeling.

if you ruminate on lost time, you lose more time unless you use it to fuel your hobbies.

80k in 4 years Jesus
My mom would make 90k in 4 years and it would all be gone paying rent
So lucky I don't live in USA with over prised medical bills

I'm gonna have to check that out I've been on 650mg of trazadone and it doesn't do shit but make my mouth dry

bro, im Australia.
that $80k was spent on different psychiatrists at private hospitals and time spent in clinics and hospitals and stuff.

family isn't to rich to start off with so didn't have private health insurance even though was using private psychiatrists because the public system wasn't equipped to deal with something that they couldn't diagnose in a few sessions.

Know the feel, had retarded sleeping issues as well. Turned out there was a chemical in my diet that I couldn't handle. Paranoia, narcolepsy, hallucinations, the works. Still damaged but getting back up.

If you can write you should stick to that, get good and start advertising yourself.

Even if you write poorly, as long as you get notoriety/fame you'll get published and make money.

I'd suggest escitalopram as well dude. It's the best anti depressant i've been on, just full on stops you thinking about stuff.

I double dossed for 3 days by accedent and wasn't like, brain-dead, but if i wasn't thinking about something i just had no inner monologue, especially smoking weed. Like just full on silence in my brain

>tfw summer
>tfw I only have insomnia during summer
>tfw doctors will prescribe me antidepressants when I tell her I have insomnia and not anything else
>tfw no benzodiazepines

For daily meds I'm on 20mg of lexapro and that isn't doing to bad I just switched over to it after bouncing around from other shit so I know I need to go up but it'll take time to get that figured out. And then I'm on clonidine or how ever you spell it 2mg 4 times a day. During the day I'm not to bad off it's just as soon as I get to bed I'm stuck looking at the ceiling all night

i do poetry. done a couple of live gigs and good friends with the guy who runs the scene where i'm from.

Just need a few more pieces before i can 'launch' myself. Like need a product to sell, at the moment my product is only half made.

like can't release a book if it's only half written

Stop grasping at us OP, just cut the cord, go.

Bro listen benzos as well of a job they do are not meant to be taken every day or for long periods of time. With all my problems I have I have spent years studying different meds and benzos have a really bad effect on the brain and once you come off of them you can be worse off.

I was on clonazepam for 3 years.
>never upped the dose
>never felt the need to take more
>quit coldturkey with NO withdrawal symptoms
>dose was 1mg.

I'll be honest most of the problems I was referring to come from shitty ass xanax it does some weird shit

Yes, it's always Xanax :(

smoking a fat joint after popping some valium works for me Sup Forumsro

I was just prescribed oxypam for anxiety aswell because was taking mums valiums.

have you done like medical research or just internet research and self experimentation?

because i binged for like 3 days on valium and oxypam, is that going to fuck me up? i've stopped cold turkey and seem to be fine, but not sure.

When i was doing well just smoking weed was fine. benzo's don't knock me out though just relax me.

also i find benzo's and weed is nice but like the benzos sort of just stop me being super high

No man long term use like months. I've binged plenty of times in my young college days on Valium and xanax. But when your taking it months on end it can do some weird shit. I did some studies with a friend who is a med fag. And a family psychiatrist.

holy shit, you're Australia, didn't know continents could post on Sup Forums, let alone get insomnia and take drugs, or have a mom

Fuck nazi usa fill this shit country with diarrhea fuck it fuck it fuck it in the ass with flaming retarded jewish black people

I am the entire collective of this great nation, a nation that never sleeps, has the highest % of meth and weed usage per capita, and the queen of England is my mUm.

cum @ mi i'm like 24 million strong

Not the guy you were talking to but that sounds awesome. I've grown accustomed to my inner monologue. I don't have insomnia or crippling depression, but I do have anxiety and hypertension.

I've found that taking long walks helps alleviate the anxiety for a while. But there is a place I like to go, up in the mountains that completely negates any worry or care I had when I was home. It was so effective I would think of literally every stressor I could think of and my mind was calm. That gut feeling never happened and I was able to just think about my surroundings, or some positive things in my life.

Also, I've read up on buddhism a little bit. Can't say I've stuck with it, but at the time when I was balls deep in its teachings I felt better. I didn't have anxiety on every little decision I had to come up with. I was okay with the outcome. It definitely helped my coping mechanism. I treated people better. I treated my self better.

I don't know, everyone has their own things they have to do. I just hate seeing people rely on pills to find some sort of happiness.

I get that man. For me i was doing all the right things like exercise, clean environment, good social interaction, basically a normie on the outside but still breaking down on the inside.

I was a lot better but i wasn't ever 'ok'.

Wish i didn't have to rely on pills as well, meanwhile in the real world, imma take pills to stop myself hanging from a tree

Word homie. Shit sounds rough.

hey mate seems like you're in a bit of a pickle... try having a nice warm glass of milk before bed and perhaps some light reading.. I'm currently working my way through Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people"

the amount of times i've heard this, to many

too* many mate haha seems like you really did fail school.. NAAAH just kidding mate im from perth how do you do fellow australian .. good day mate, throw a shrimpy on the crikey barbie hey ;P

cheeky bugger