Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYF2rhxLeAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love Weezer too

London Loves

Blur's first album Leisure is suprisingly great, maybe their best

>maybe their best
No way

"Look Inside America" seriously kills the flow, of an otherwise, fantastic album. They should have chucked it.

>leisure
>best

Not a chance.

Makes sense. Brits and Europeans in general are obsessed with America and always have to talk shit about it it order to inflate their smug euro egos.

What did you expect from the band whose only hit was WOOHOO?

Not actually a hit in America

>Leisure
>Best

Good bait

They were fuckhueg in Britain, and had a lot of hits. Just not as big of a presence in the states.

But surprisingly, that's the only Blur song Americans know.

Why so mad bro?

Spot on, I feel like they only recorded this song to make the previous jabs at America seem less smug in comparison, but it wasn't entirely necessary in my opinion.

They had a lot of influence from the American indie scene which manifested heavily in their post-Britpop material largely due to Coxon's influence. 13 is undoubtedly their best album by the way, they have a fucking power drill on one of the songs.

It was a hit in america, just not on the Hot 100

What song is that?

ror

not their best but consistently underrated, just as mlir is constantly overlooked

Bugman (see 1:50) youtube.com/watch?v=FYF2rhxLeAU

I always thought that was a synth lol. I looked into it. Some say it's a vaccuum.

I'll bet you that was Graham's idea.

When did you realise that Graham was the GOAT Blur member?

as an instrumentalist, from the beginning

Immediately; who the fuck comes up with guitar shit like that?

Brits are obsessed with America, always wagging their fingers.

for me it was the feedback during the climax of that so-so Leisure song, "Birthday". That laid a hint to the bigger and better things to come, he's such an unorthodox guitar player, in an era of good but way-too-conventional competitors.

Anyone checked out Graham's solo albums?
I binge listened to them over the weekend, and they're all really good

I like them, but I don't love them, with the exception of "The Spinning Top"

The guitar work isn't as interesting as his stuff in Blur, and his voice isn't the greatest. I like it every so often, lead vocals on every song... not so much.

>they fell for the "Leisure is bad" meme.
Is easily one of their bests.

It's not one of their best, but it's still pretty good
I mean, any album with There's Not Other Way, She's So High and Sing on it is going to turn out pretty good

The top 3 are clearly Parklife, Blur, and 13.
Leisure isn't a terrible record, but it's nowhere near the top, not even above Think Tank, and The Magic Whip.