Train threda

What can you tell me about the railway system in your country?

Here the inter-provincial railways were initially built branching out from Buenos Aires to the rest of the provinces as a means to maintaining Buenos Aires commercial superiority over the others. Needless to say, this banana-tier arrangement halted a lot of potential development and these days those railways are practically non-existent or in relative disuse.

The local trains from my city are in bad shape too, filled with bydlo given that they offer quick transport to the farther, poorer, more barbaric regions of the conurban area and thus have gained a reputation of being dangerous and unreliable.

Tell me your train settis

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBLO43qr6GM
youtu.be/vsp9EMzGOQE
youtu.be/tY5ycIvZDnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its shit.

only high speed line in the uk runs from london to paris. it's also cheaper for me to drive pretty much anywhere instead of buying a train ticket. absolute joke

Huge and useless, only works to carry rubble and dirt.

Road Lobby killed it basically thanks to this faggot.

>it's also cheaper for me to drive pretty much anywhere instead of buying a train ticket

For real? How is that possible?

>Road Lobby killed it basically thanks to this faggot.

Expand please

youtube.com/watch?v=XBLO43qr6GM

british rail was privatised when i was a kid.
it's fucking expensive unless you have a railcard (youth/oap)

off the top of my head two places i go often are £16 or £22 return for the day. petrol is about a tenner for both journeys.

youtu.be/vsp9EMzGOQE
youtu.be/tY5ycIvZDnk

Its fucking huge.
I have to move through Kazakhstan to reach Altai e.g.
7 days on rails to reach other side of country.

Its shit
The only passenger routes left are just for tourism and not for practical transportation, the only "railway" system that it's still practical its "Suburbano" in Mexico City, aside from that only cargo companies and the military use the railways

>till 1950's Brazil's main transport were trains
>economy and country finally starts to grow due industry
>trucks and roads start to become a thing
>companies and other contractors start making a lot of money cuz shit was cheaper for transport
>the same ones start paying up govt oficials to give them priority for their projects and interests
>roads everywhere and railways system gone to shit

And that's how JK killed our railways.

That looks nice and cozy. We used to have wooden interiors on the "A" line of the city subway (not the surface trains, completely different) but they got replaced sadly.

Also I noticed that all those videos of long commuting in the trains were uploaded by different uploaders each. Does Ukraine have a strong train culture? Why are there such documented commutings?

>british rail was privatised when i was a kid.

Does this mean that the service improved, at least?

>I have to move through Kazakhstan to reach Altai e.g.

Noice. Do you have to have a passport to take that train though? Also, it sounds like you travel to Altai on a regular basis. Are you a russo-mongol?

Bumb before I go to sleep ( ._.)

I'm into train tematics and collected those videos last few years.

Its good but extremely expensive

It is cheaper to fly to Scotland from London than get a train

Why do people like trains so much?

We have free trains in Slovakia for students and old people.
It is cool because you can just pack your beg and make trips around the country.

>Does this mean that the service improved, at least?
probably, but it's too expensive. i'm too young to make a fair comparison

In the metropolitan regions works relatively well, the interior has almost been extinguished.

It's proably one of the best in the entire world, even though our railways are pretty old

This is just the railroads in Skåne, you can get anywhere you want
Unlike trains in many other countries like USA, our trains doesnt only travel long distance, but also short distance. A train ride for 10-20 minutes is very common

How can we revive Brazilian trains?

There were plans submitted to the government a few years back for a high speed rail system that would link all major capital cities, providing connection that would be ultimately cheaper and more reliably faster than catching a plane. It would have also connected these cities and regions for more trade and in the west of Australia promote growth.

In typical fashion it was scrapped on the basis that spending money is wrong. I fucking hate our older generation and the governments they vote in.

Very good and heavily subsidized by the government because trains must be attractive, otherwise people will choose the car and there will be traffic jams and people will get angry at the government.