Ghost

What do metalfags and others think about these guys?

Bump.

I dont think they are metal. They are barely hard rock.

Musically they are boring and dont bring very much to the table.

Kiss and Aurthor Brown went there before. Immortal and Behemoth perfected it.

Basically, they are a shitty band, and if you want to check out some legit shit that is currently out, basically what ghost attempted and failed miserably at you should check out uncle acid and the dead beats

I think they're a fake band, started to ridicule Christianity, while having the audacity to steal the name of a legendary band.

Meliora is a really great Blue Oyster Cult style 70's metal/hard rock

Simple but catchy and well written

The whole shtick is kind of played out and cheesy but i guess it's kind of entertaining

ironic satanism band for nu-males, boring music too

They're much more thorough with the classic horror movie tribute and incorporate it much more fluently into their music than Uncle Acid. They're much more theatrical than any of the corpse painted relics you spouted out
>jap Ghost
>legendary
oh boy
most valid opinion itt

>They're much more thorough with the classic horror movie tribute and incorporate it much more fluently into their music than Uncle Acid. They're much more theatrical than any of the corpse painted relics you spouted out

Theres an entire genre for the first point you've made. its called goregrind, and its metal.

And Kiss, Immortal, Behemoth, and Aurthor brown might have lacked theatrics. Fair. What about Cooper?

What about Cooper? King Diamond and Paul Chain did it better too, but whose awaiting any of their newest material, also
>goregrind
>relevant

goregrind had been a genre since the 80's

ghost is metal for jocks who listen to little wayne.

Relevancy means very little here.

Their music is fucking boring.

I don't care about the retro-occult Satanism. I don't care about the hidden identity gimmick. The music they play is dull, and no amount of schtick can make up for that.

Ghost from Japan were one of the best bands in the world pleb

And jacking another band's name is fucking lame as fuck.

(not that this cartoon clown show is a real band)

Isn't it something that the only band with a major costume gimmick that actually sounded "dangerous" is GWAR?

I mean...most costumed rock/metal bands have a hell of a look, but their music leaves a lot to be desired.

As for Ghost...they're okay. Opus Eponymous remains their single best album, however.

all costume bands are pretty much clownshit. Gwar included.

they're fucking awful

>Jacking another band name
>claiming a noun for yourself
k
>ghost is metal for jocks who listen to little wayne.

>Relevancy means very little here.
You best stay inside buddy

A shitty shtick and weak vocals redeemed by really strong songwriting. As dumb as I think their whole costume gimmick is, I still find myself humming Square Hammer without noticing.

>>claiming a noun for yourself
nigga what? fuck the fuck off shill

Fake Ghost is a fake as fuck (((band)))

They peaked at Infesstisumam. they're pretty cool live but they've declined hard as shit, and they are not mysterious anoymore which really was part of the appeal for a while.
this

>>Jacking another band name
>>claiming a noun for yourself
I just started this band. We're called Cream.. What? You can't claim a noun for yourself brah.

>some unheard of underground 80s nipper band
>as relevant as Cream or the Beatles
lmao ok

They're not metal. They're an above average rock band with a gimmick that's just cheesy enough that you can enjoy it ironically. They write some very catchy songs and stick to their shtick in their lyrics very well. I get why their popular.

boring as shit other than the song Elizabeth which has an awesome riff, but still not much else.

>80s
they were around for 25 years
>unherad of

amongst plebs maybe.

And in the age of google there is no excuse.

Fuck these clowns and their cartoon propaganda show.

>Fake Ghost is a fake as fuck (((band)))
yep

Not metal.
They're like zero calorie misfits.

I'm not a fan....

They aren't metal, you don't need a neck beard to enjoy them

Liked 'em until I found out Tobias is a jew piece of shit. Fuck his gimmick band of session musicians.

Meliora was great start to finish

Pop music masked by heavy guitars but not constructed like metal, therefore not metal. They're shit too.

This "Ghost is not metal" meme sucks.

They were pretty fuckin' metal on Opus Eponymous. The albums since are rather YMMV in terms of metal, however.

i like them, but i like steel panther more

>uncle acid and the dead beats

one of my fav bands, but i don't see what they have to do with Ghost, my man

they jam

I like them

Yohio is harder and less of a fag than Papa Emeritus

>Fake Ghost is a fake as fuck (((band)))
/thread desu

not hard to listen to, id say it's what people who first get into metal listen to

Not metal, very boring.

i love them.
they don't impress with flashy instrumentation or ability, but with good songwriting.
it's a welcome change in the "metal" (i agree they're not as heavy as most, but bear with me) circles i run in, where most bands are more apt to show off how fast or technical they can play rather than writing a solid skeleton of a song, not to say that groups like that never exhibit good songwriting.

Their first record was a really great occult heavy psych album, virtuoso instrumentation, colourful basslines. Every musician puts their original and recognisable style into the music and make something that's a great album from every aspect. On their later albums they just lose their magic by wanting to sound more metal.

I like them. The music is heavy enough, the songwriting is amazing and I like the visuals. I don't really care if autists call them metal or not.

True.

Shitty Blue Öyster Cult ripoff

Horrible Swedish soft rock.