This is the superior album thread. in this thread you post the objectively supreme album in an artists discography

this is the superior album thread. in this thread you post the objectively supreme album in an artists discography.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7iyYnCP76qk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not Lonesome Crowded West. That's not even Moon and Antarctica.

rough start

Literally how though? Just because it's the most "mature" or "fleshed out" album they've made doesn't mean its the best. It has none of the raw energy and angst that was in their first 2 albums

youtu.be/7iyYnCP76qk
This song alone is better than all of Good News.

(Although Good News is still pretty good)

lol dude wat?

anyways..

>how

Cuz it sounded the best

the brilliance of this record hit me 10 years after it came out

Except subjectively instead of objectively

yes
no

>production matters
Kill yourself

no I mean the songs were better lol

glad I'm not the only one, everyone else has their dicks out for the suburbs

here's mine, this was actually fairly hard because of greats like WLftMoI, SftB and TGA but my candidate is arguably the most versatile, covering ground from every one of their releases while still creating new styles (to their overall sound, not music in general)

why does no one ever praise Sgt Pepper? It's always Rubber Soul, Abbey Road or Revolver in these parts

if we're talking like objectively objectively these are the only correct answers, i love TKOL for example but i can't really say that its objectively the best radiohead album. even my answer is a bit subjective but still

no
yes

only correct answer itt so far

Better than Drums and Wires

Oh, by a longshot. Skylarking is overrated as fuck too (outside of a few pop classics)

Skylarking is probably my 5th favorite XTC release desu senpai

>not This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About
lol

sgt. pepper is objectively the most important beatles album but it isn't the best

just Sup Forums being as contrarian as they can possibly be.

>Superior They Might be Giants album
>has Particle Man on it
>not Lincoln
What were you thinking

Lincoln is a close second

but Dead is top tier, and Your Racist Friend, Road Movie to Berlin, and Istanbul are all pretty damn killer. Not to mention Birdhouse.

Better than rain dogs

It's between this and Draft
I think Draft is more enjoyable but Confield is more impressive though
Good taste

WEW

Dead has always been a personal favorite, and I agree about Birdhouse as well, but Lincoln is their most sincere and bittersweet album. Plus I don't think there's a real bad song on it, although I'm not huge on Purple Toupee. Plus I think the best songs on Lincoln (They'll Need a Crane, Ana Ng, the Worlds Address, Snowball in Hell, Kiss Me, Son of God) are better than the best songs on Flood (I'd add Letterbox and Sapphire Bullets to your list). Plus I think there are more mediocre songs on Flood, and Particle Man is fucking insufferable.

Nahhhhhhhhhh the best songs on Rain Dogs are better than the best songs on Blue Valentine. Plus I wouldn't even say Blue Valentine is the best album of that Tom Waits era (Nighthawks at the Diner is superior)

Hear me out
> it's good

what i love about them is everyone has a different but passionately held idea of their best album

I don't hate Particle Man. It's meh, but it honestly doesn't bother me

Yeah this
I used to hate Oversteps and now I think it's absolutely brilliant
Still have yet to really get into Quaristice or Incunabula though

valid opinions, but i disagree

absolutely fucking agree

Banger

Also the only good album he ever made

objectively true

The Seer is better than SFTB. I've listened and re-listened to Swans obsessively, breaking down each era to find out which ones are the best of each era. This one is the best of their entire discography

Forgot the fucking pic

Neon bible senpai

Is that boris?

So wrong I'm suprised