Prove me the world exists

Prove me the world exists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9oX2xFo7JA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is no way to tell if the world we live in ia real or not

So what do I believe?

i'm 100% if u kys nothing happens so take that as u wish

out the billion of people living on this planet no1 realizes that we are immortal beings. The day that i die is the day that pigs fly.

You can't die wake up

The world exists because it pulls the sun just like every other planet in the solar system, if you meant reality then that's another story

It doesn't. The world is recreated inside your brain, you actually touch nothing, see nothing, hear nothing.

>world means earth
We're not in the middle ages.

God this pretentious phase is the worst.

The world exists because you can touch it, smell it, feel it, taste it, see it.

You guys will grow out of this retarded fucking phase.

baaah, baaah, bleeet

fucking sheep - thats what you sound like

I'm a sheep for knowing the world exists? Get your shit together.

I can't prove whether the world exists to you, if you already believe it doesn't. Because in order to prove that the world exists to you, for me, I must operate from within the world, to prove to you, inside your head, that the outside seems to be something. As you most likely don't believe that the outside is something, everything I allege to do is futile.

Including this reply, because for you, it never happened, and it is not real. You're not even really reading this. You're not even really there.

test

>the world exists because of my subjective sensations
Does a tree in the forest exist when no one is seeing it?

Yes it does exist.You will grow out of this phase.

But nobody is touching it, smelling it, feeling it, tasting it, or seeing it.

But I'm not feeling it. You contradicted yourself.

You might be a parrot for not wanting to entertain baby's first existential quandary, instead replying with a gross generalization about experience and the nature of existence or the concept of self.

I think the word "exists" needs to be defined now.

There are organisms perceiving it because trees are covered in and filled with life. That's besides the point, nothing of my post says that you have to always be perceiving a given object for it to be real.

If the world wasn't real you wouldn't be percieving anything.

The word exist does not need to be broken down. It is self-explanatory.

This type of philosophical reductionism does not make you smart, it makes you a full of shit college freshman who will literally give someone a long winded explanation why he doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

Prove me

if this world didn't exist and was only made up in your mind, you could change the world with only your mind. Can you?

There's bad shit and good shit. That's really it. If you're smart enough, you'll see it.

Reality is what we want it to be.

I think, therefore I am, dude
you do too

I want you to kill yourself and stream it

There is no way to prove it

Read up on solipsism

I agree with solipsism for the most part

Existentialists argue solipsism leads to quietism

Maybe that's why I am depressed

Good point

Want it harder

We cannot prove or disprove that it exists.

By thinking of the world, does it not, in your thoughts, exist?

For you to have thoughts about the world, it has to be a subject, and there for is, rather than is not.
If it is not, you would not have thoughts about it, for there is no it to have thoughts about it.

If something was not, but you thought about it, does it then make it?

>twenty one pilots fan art
kill yourself

>Prove me the world exists.
If it did it would have taught you better grammar.

>moving the goalpost
fuck off lier

Really doesn't matter one way or the other you will still be a dumb faggot

Dub dubs of truth kek

The word exist does not need to be broken down, sure. Etymology not needed. The context with which you were intending to give to the word, does need to be broken down. You can't be so vague and expect what you've typed to be self-explanatory. The word "exists" is a verb, not a noun. In the way you were using it, with regards to what context you were using it in, you most definitely need to break it down; it is impossible to determine, explicitly, what you meant when you used it the way you did.

So, yes, nothing of your post then said that you had to always be perceiving a given object for it to be real, but nothing of your post then said otherwise either. That was so incredibly vague and disingenuous.

Nothing matters, so anything matters, so everything matters.

You think therefore you are. The world exists because, well you know what I mean when I say world. Whether it is virtual or 'real' however you feebly understand that is irrelevant.

what is the correct grammar?

Prove me that the world exist?

No it's nothing matters so nothing matters

I was using it as a verb like anyone uses the term you autist.

If nothing matters why'd you say that? Something must've mattered to you to incentivize you to take that or any action.

well saying "i cant doubt that im doubting" proves that a thinking thing exists, but it doesnt prove that the rest of the world exists

descartes actually has to use god to get back things like reason, the world, mathematics, and science

The main issue isn't that you were using a verb incorrectly. I've yet to say that.

Go outside and live in the woods without clothes, food, electricity, and your fucking computer. You'll find out how real the world is real quick nigger.

Also, go to English class asshole.

Why not put it to the test? Walk down the busiest street in your town in the middle of the day with your eyes closed - if the world doesn't exist, nothing will happen.

you could still doubt the existence of all those things that kill you or ail you

I was not, I said a tree exists if you're not there and that the world exists because you perceive it. I'm using the word correctly.

nigger I'm not OP, I'm asking about the grammar because inglish isn't my first language

We are reffering to different things when we say the world exists.

You are thinking of something vague like is it true that all the things that make up the world are really "there" whatever there means.

But you know that the world exists because, we are talking about it. Physicality is irrelevant to existence. Do words exist? Of course they do because they just like "the world" is a thing which we can think about. To be a question it must be a concept and to be a concept is to be something. Is our understanding of the world at all accurate? We haven't a clue, but does it exist? Yes, absolutely.

Kill yourself then tell us what happens.

5 dolla make yu holla

youtube.com/watch?v=9oX2xFo7JA4

by "the world" i just mean simple objects of perception, ie matter (physical substance)

Then go try it out shitstain. Let me know if you figure it out.

im not saying you aren't justified in what youre saying, but the point is to prove it beyond all doubt

Stay retarded.

But I'm not the one who can't read at a college level.

You cant prove it. Its impossible..

There is however a very good answer to whether or not the world exists though..

Here it goes.

"Come on, though."

Bam. Cuts right through the silliness.

>There is no way to tell if the world we live in ia real or not
>I don't believe in god, hurdur

>too much internet

There's no way to know and it doesn't really matter if it does or not.

You're a fucking retard.

Then by all means point out what was wrong with the statement. Oh you can't? That's what I fucking thought.

Exists yes real maybe we don't know

Nothing you say can prove that you're real

FUCKING PUNCTUATION!

>real
>real
>hurdur I no wot it means doh

why? there is a difference between justification and truth

Me or him?

>The world exists because you can touch it, smell it, feel it, taste it, see it.

You realize that you can only sense those things through your sensory organs, which filter how you perceive the world? Think of it as using a computer or a phone. to get your phone to do things you must interact with the operating system. You know that there is more to a computer than just that, there is lots of intricate math and systems working in the back end. It is the true reality. Your senses are the "operating system" of human life, while a must more complicated system works quietly in the back end.

Your senses are creating a false reality for you to exist in. They are not real.

What said.

By nothing mattering, it has impact, therefore it does matter, because it doesn't matter.

and can't you doubt your senses anyway? that was one of the first things descartes got rid of

I've already pointed out what was wrong with the statement, user.

>The context with which you were intending to give to the word, does need to be broken down
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that your first reply explaining what you meant, when you used the verb "exist" in a sentence, was this
Not until anyone called you out on it, did you walk it back and attempt to clarify what you meant, while claiming that in
You made it exceptionally clear, what you wanted it to mean, here
>nothing of my post says that you have to always be perceiving a given object for it to be real
But I already made reference to that, and pointed out what was wrong with your first reply:
>You can't be so vague and expect what you've typed to be self-explanatory
>In the way you were using it
>you most definitely need to break it down
And your faggot self decided to attempt to do just that, and better clarify after the fact, here
Even after that, you were going so mad, you didn't quite read any of my replies correctly.
>I was using it as a verb
>Nobody said you used a verb wrong
>I-I was not using the word correctly

What an exceptional individual.

Difference is that not obeying your senses in regard to danger will damage and kill you, meaning that the sensory input is valid.

I now how perception works you clown, I'm just not the worst guy in a freshman philosophy class like you are.

for example, its entirely justified that physicists use two contradictory theories (quantum mechanics and general relativity) to explain the universe, but since the two theories contradict each other they can't possibly both be true

so scientists are completely justified in holding a contradictory set of beliefs, which cannot be true

Doesn't work with nightmares and they're in your head

t. freshman

Try again but while being coherent and without sounding like a mental patient.

You can do it buddy :^)

your senses create an illusion of danger to protect you since they were designed to keep the creature alive and reproducing.

Earth does not equal world. World through out the ages has meant cosmos, meaning everything including the social constructs we live within called society. Society is made up of seemingly infinite cultures even ones we think of in our imaginations. The fiction we see in art gradually with advancement becomes reality and reality is the real question. Is reality real?

Most often no, but because the mind feeds into is construct to believe in a reality we then fall into it as though it is real and our ego takes over and feeds into it to make it real and it is only as real as you allow it to be.

Wars are fraught, people have babies to feel immortal... all this means nothing but people fool themselveselve into believing this and just go with the flow and allow the world to wash over them passively just doing whatever, ....

Spoken like a true sheltered pussy who has never been hurt or in serious danger.

Your senses that tell you that damage has been done?

This is the sorta shit I said in the 5th grade, this thread is bringing back memories of my autism.

Descartes also tried to prove the existence of god.

lol he also thought that the pineal gland was the seat of the mind

but he is also one of the most influential thinkers in the history of western civilization

You know you can actually be seriously damaged right? You ignoring the perception that you have a broken bone or a head injury does nothing to negate its effects, because it actually happened to you.

Mental patients often carry on entirely different conversations with another person.

This is one such example.

Unless the rules change when you go down to quantum level.

A different set of rules apply. But both check out and add up fine in their own parameters.

The universe is weird as fuck. It doesnt care about our "these two must agree or else" rules. If it contradicts itself it contradicts itself.

On that note thats why they search for things like "unifying theory" something missing in the math or some new variable that makes them not contradict each other anymore.

They also know as well as you point out theyre really baffled and confused by it.

But the theory of relativity is still helping get your gps position right, and quantum mechanics is being used to make ultra accurate clocks, quantum computers, and some banks even use quantum encryption to make unimaginable secure transactions.

For two concepts that cant possibly be true because they contradict each other, theyre sure getting some great practical use from understanding both of them...

>no.

besides our senses are wrong all the time

light bends when it enters water for instance, so things appear distorted, even though we know its not the thing's true appearence

Sounds like you pal :). You are doing a lot of rambling..

Oh, and I might also mention that a mental patients have a lot of difficulty determining what is and isn't real. Now, who portrays that symptom in this conversation user?

well any kind of rational scientific principle depends on the law of noncontradiction

if you can prove a contradiction you can prove anything, logically speaking

At the moment, you're 5 for 5.

Eventually yes.

And theyll either find how theyre related and dont contradict each other, or they wont.

But as said.. The math works, and important practical usage is coming out of both of them.

Would you rather they just pick one and destroy all technology made from the other and abandon all research?

Actalally it doesn't
The Bose Singlet is the best theory that shows the future is shaping the past more often to make the present correct.

The collider at cern has actually been creating singlets since 2015 and now we have some people with fuzzy memories of the different versions of the past where Mandela dies in 1986 vs post melenia plus many other strange recollections. Thiamine is real .