What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MWFLk6-SFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

uh, declaring yourself king when your dad died supporting Stannis?

He was a fucking idiot and married the wrong person.
He could have been fucking Roslin Frey but he chose some sandnigger instead. What a dumb cunt!

Yeah, this happens when you make decisions without consulting you mum

Wouldn't the lannisters have him killed anyway

he didn't execute his mum for betrayal

He had a real chance to win if the Freys were behind him.

Frey was willing to play ball before Robb decided to be a dumbass and play the whole honor angle that got his dad killed fucking weeks beforehand.

He did something fucking stupid for honor, just like Ned. He banged that Westerling girl and because he took her virginity he didn't want to dishonor her by not marrying her and fucked his political alliances. Just like Ned when he was too honorable to have children hurt, so he warned Cersei he was going to tell Robert about the incest.

Let his rival house go off on his own.
Kept his mom with him.
Sent off the hostage that kept the Iron Islands pacified.
Bent the rules around Karstark, but didn't let Karstark bend the rules.

Sticking his dick in a foreign slut
Then feeling bad about it to the point of betraying a shaky alliance with a family of questionable loyalty.

He didn't follow his duty as a house of stark. He followed his Dick

Not telling Radmure of his plans to lure Tywin to the Westerlands has to be the largest fuck up.

He held a large part of the Northern/Riverlands army and Robb knew Edmure would not allow Tywin to just pass through the Riverlands unhindered, if he actually had some genius plan why not let one of your highest ranking commanders in on it.

He should have married the Frey girl, kept Karstark and Theon Greyjoy as hostages, and notified Edmure about his plan to capture the Mountain. It would have also been helpful to see that Roose Bolton was up to no good, but Robb had no reason to suspect him of anything at the time.

Proclaiming Stannis as king might have improved his odds, but god knows what would happen to the North once Stannis was king. Renly would have been a better deal if he wasn't killed with blood magic.

Also, he could have sucked it up and tried negotiating a surrender to Joffrey on condition that he retain the North. The Lannister clusterfuck would have destroyed itself anyways and Robb might survive instead of getting killed off.

The same mum who freed their most valuable hostage?

Keep the autism to a minimum please

don't be mean

Yeah Edmure got a lot of shit that wasn't his fault, and lets not forget he was the only man to ever defeat Tywin in battle.

In the books you cant blame him for marrying the Westerling girl as he didn't want to father a bastard after seeing how his mum treated Jon. In the show it was just stupid sloppy writing.

Maybe, depends on a lot

In the books it's because he couldn't risk ravens getting intercepted, I don't know why he doesn't have a guy on a horse to send messages though

Guys on horses can be captured and tortured

Then send Brynden

You realise it was a set up, Sybell Spicer hatched the whole plot with Tywin, She was probably the person who told Jeyne to go to Robbs bed when he was wounded.

Yes but the point still stands and the Westerling girl still liked Robb.

you give them a false written message, but then tell them the real message, they're less likely to get tortured and questioned that way and also if the message falls into the wrong hands you have deceived your enemies.

>In the books you cant blame him for marrying the Westerling girl
Moon tea, issue resolved

>you give them a false written message, but then tell them the real message

That is actually kind of clever.

No, you can still blame him. They have some kind of birth control tea in their universe, so the bastard thing could've been a non-issue. He married to protect her honor, at the cost of the Frey alliance.

The point is that he's his father's son. At least in the books. Upon impregnating a girl he takes her hand to preserve her honor, which insults the Frey's. In the show its just lol fuck you love/lust/whatever.

we all know Robb is too honorable to kill an unborn baby and all that shit its the point of his character.

These. I still don't know why they felt they had to pander to the audience by having a foreign noblewoman LARPing as an unaligned medic with anachronistic opinions be Robb's love interest

The point isn't that she's pregnant, though after the first time she might be, the point is that her house yielded to some rebel king and she took the dick from him. She's forever dishonored and her prospects in life as a noble lady are ruined if he doesn't marry her.

If you really think about it Robb never actually broke his oath to the Freys. The agreement said he'd marry one AFTER the war, not during

>her prospects in life as a noble lady are ruined if he doesn't marry her.
The Westerlings are a pleb shit house anyway, had to marry a fucking merchant family

>putting the marital prospects for their daughter even lower than they already are by deflowering her

Yeah fair enough, but Robb still does the honorable tard thing. He should have just kept her as a mistress, Walder Frey would have respected that.

What he should have done:

>WHAT Stannis has WON??? (against Rally)
>Ok, troupe, let's move, TO THE STORMLANDS, GO!!!
>Troupes: YEAAAAHHHH!!!
>Stanns & Robb alliance:
>Robb I'll attack from the rear you attack the gates, your grace
>Stannis:Let's do this boys! GO!
>They take King's Landing after half a hour
>Tywin Lannister arrives (too late)
>Lannister:Shit! OPEN THE GATES!
>Robb and Stannis: rain fire on them
>10,000 Baratheon and Stark archers procede to throw a STORM of thousands of arrows on the Lannisters
>half of their cavalry is gone
>Tywin: NOOO!!! no, no, noooo!
>Stannis:Yes, you traitor, this is your false king!
>*throws Joffrey's head on Tywin
>Tywin:sniff, sniff, you will pay for this! OPEN the gates, you bastard!
>Robb: And Jaime? Here's his penis, fresh and good for you!
>Tywin:NOOOOOOOOO!!!
*Kills himself in front of everyone
>Stannis and Robb: YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

>She's forever dishonored and her prospects in life as a noble lady are ruined if he doesn't marry her.
An alliance that brings down the illegitimate incest babies ruling over your continent and creates your own kingdom like the good old days before Aegon, or some girl's honor?

Robb was a poof cunt.

There's also literally nothing stopping him from just legitimizing his son by Jane. He's the King

Beautiful.

Stannis is way too autistic to agree to an alliance

if I was Robb starch I would surrender on condition that I keep one castle. Then I would live in that castle and write poetry about that one time I was king.

That's kind of one of the messages of asoiaf, Chivalry and Honour with all ways lose out to ruthless pragmatism.

I didn't say he was smart, I said he was an honorable retard.

Sounds literally awful.

It would get worse once King Joffrey tells me my poetry is seditious. Then I would write poetry about my direwolf.

sounds good mate.

Why does Jon get to come back and not Robb? What makes him so special?

Why?

Because Jon doesn't have shitty fish blood

Not very well portrayed on the show for obvious reasons, but he's supposed to be like 15. A 15 year old as king? His whole schtick is that he was thrust into this position of great power and responsibility without really having any say in it. He happened to perform well and he had loyal men and good advisors until he blundered with the Westerling/Talisa girl. You can't really give him a ton of shit because he's supposed to be 15 and kids make stupid mistakes. He lived in a fucked up world and this kind of thing cost him his life as well as the lives of many of his followers.

>THERE CAN'T BE 2 KINGS!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

R + L = J

but as meaningful as FUCKING CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE

youtube.com/watch?v=-MWFLk6-SFs

It seems you have put some time and effort into this scenario, go on.......

An alliance would basically mean recognizing the North's independence. And Robb proclaiming himself king and going independent might be seen by Stannis as some unforgivable crime worthy of death; even if Robb were to backpedal and swear fealty to Stannis.

he just wanted to be king in the north, not king instead of Stannis.
His father supported Stannis, he got killed and so Robb thought it's better to make the North independent.
But then they need allies and they go to Renly when it would have been better to go to Stannis.

Renly gave them a better deal because he knows how to socialize with human beings, I'd go to him too, especially when he had the Reach

Lets see
>Withholding critical battle tactics from edmure and blackfish
>marrying the very possible lannister spy, when you were fully well aware that you needed the fray's
>dragging your army to a funeral in the middle of a war
>cutting off a karstark head, but letting your mom give away you Most valuable prisoner with 0 penalty
>Even with a now massive army, still do guerrilla skirmishes
And the golden one
>Completely ignore who your father backed and claim yourself king

why he even lasted that long was an act of mercy

>betray and publicly shame the Freys by marrying a random foreigner
>yo you know who would be a GOAT ally?
>the Freys
I mean shit a retarded monkey could have pulled off the red wedding

>Rob: I'm so so so sorry I didn't meant that
>Stannis:Ok, no problem bro, renounce tot he title of king and we're done here

Simple as that.

Why did the show even create Talisa? Her entire background of a foreign rebel princess turned medic is just so unnecessary, why not have him sex up some random noble Riverlands girl if the Westerling plot had to be dropped.

You might notice Stannis isn't known for his forgiving nature

She was varys' spy

God I wanted Renly to be king so bad. A mediocre king is perfectly fine in the shitty world of GoT.

>A mediocre king
>Everyone's our friends!
>take nothing seriously
He wouldn't live to see his bed chamber on the first night

To be honest everyone was quite happy with the status quo, except the Greyjoys who are never happy

To make the Red Wedding even more shocking for showfags I guess

That's the only way the blatant pandering to modern sensibilities of the character makes sense

Actually little finger's.

Well they needed to make it even edgier by stabbing a pregnant woman to death, apparently the book version wasn't enough to satiate D&D's snuff fetish

either or, they were both slurping at Tywin's balls for more power, so it could go either way

Everyone but the North, Dorne, and the Iron Bank, Then there was the lingering Targs, and Dothraki

Norf had no problem with Renly though, he was happy to let Robb roleplay King as long as he sent his tithes to Renly, Dorne would be happy to see Tywin and Gregor delivered in chains (until Aegon shows up anyway) and the Dothraki are a joke

I always thought it was a 100% guarantee that Varys'/Petyr's spy would never speak a word of the subterfuge

If Stannis had any empathy, he'd realize that the North was aggrieved because Joffrey was an evil little tyrant like the Mad King was. Whether Joffrey was a true Baratheon or not wasn't their primary concern, it was the second time the North was fucked in the ass by southron shits killing their Lord and so they rebelled against crown just like the last time.

Stannis is a hypocrite because he did the same thing, he has a line in the books about how the hardest decision of his life was choosing between his blood or his king and he chose his blood, which is the only reason he's recognized as a King in the first place. The Northerners were doing the exact same thing by crowning Robb, which doesn't mean Stannis needs to just sit their and let them steal the Northern half of the kingdom but actually being smart and entering a dialogue rather than immediately taking it as a treasonous offense before he's even sat on the throne might have helped. But Stannis is a robot that is only concerned about the law, which is the issue. The law that wouldn't even benefited him if Ned and his brother hadn't broken the original laws and usurped the Targaryen throne.

The penis is a wily and troublesome creature.

Did Germ ever admit that that was kinda an ass pull? Robb said stay, but not his rough plan; even if Tywin didn't try and go for Riverrun, etc, knowing a rough outline was better than nothing.
The argument of Robb giving clear, but limited orders vs Edmure being rash seems like Germ wrote that early on and didn't bother to go over it again.

What honor was there in Robb ignoring a betrothal and marrying the first nice piece of ass he found? The Starks play up the honor thing but are the first to fall victim to impropriety or law. Sansa has left two husbands and Snow has left the Wall. They're a bunch of meatheads who don't know shit except plot armor.

He was all sad and shit because his brothers died and his best friend betrayed him, or something. It doesn't make any sense in the show because he's well in his 20's as opposed to a 15/16 year old moron