Sup Sup Forums? I'm 35 and dropped out of college in my 20's. I have an okay job despite this...

Sup Sup Forums? I'm 35 and dropped out of college in my 20's. I have an okay job despite this, but I'm about to go back to school because I want a better career and more money. What should I major in? Bonus points if it can make a lot of money with just a bachelor's, but this is not necessarily a requirement.

inb4 gender studies (is this a real subject or just a meme?)

>35
>sitting in class with a bunch of 17 year olds
>not getting paid to be there
>getting in debt to be there

Just start your own business.

If you're being serious, can you give me some advice? I have no idea how to go about doing this or what kind of business to run.

Also, dude...
>not wanting to hit some 17 year old snatch as a 35 year old

At 35 if your job was actually "okay" you would've had a tuition reimbursement plan ironed out already. I'm 25 and my job is "okay" and the tuition reimbursement blows ($3K/yr), but it's still there. If I was planning on staying here for a long time I'd be using it. Also the only college degrees that consistently pay "a lot of money" with just a bachelors are computer science and engineering. You can make as much or more money (obviously) with other degrees, but it's not as straightforward a career path. End of story.

get your trucking license, work for a year save up for your own truck. they cost about 15k. and with your own truck you can start making 100 dollars an hour, invest, invest, invest

If you don't have a MBA and a business plan, no bank is going to give you a million dollars to start a restaurant. Think small.

Learn how to make something people might pay for. Woodworking, Leatherworking, Welding, Art. Supplement your income from your day job by selling hand-carved wooden dildos on etsy or amazon, or at a local flea market, and see if it takes off.

Hm, I've never been any good at any sort of artsy craftsy hands-on shit.

trucking is set to get btfo by automation

>restaurant
literally the most failure prone business

i support these anons:
my suggestion - learn a trade. electrician. elevator maintenance. plumbing. something like that. even dental technician or hygenist, something vocational.

every millennial mother fucker's going to university. if you wanna be rich, you need to run a viable business. if you want to live comfortably and see education as a path to that, i'd learn a trade.

What's involved in trade school? I have never looked into it. How much money, time, etc?

major in honkonomics

No disrespect intended, but it sounds like you don't have any idea WHAT you're good at. I'm 31 and getting by with an Associate's Degree so I know what it feels like.

Before you pick a college major and put yourself thousands in debt for something you might hate, and try to get your foot in the door as a new employee at fucking 40 YEARS OLD, just think about taking a more unorthodox route.

Most local community colleges will have a catalog of uncredited night classes for adults. They call it "adult learning" or "community education" or "continuing education", you can pop down $60 bucks for a 5 week course, and try your hand at cooking, or woodworking, or pottery, or a dozen other things.
Learn reiki massage and scam dumb people.
Get a license to be a notary public.

The best bang for your buck degrees = nursing or engineering. An engineering degree can get you jobs in finance and business as well.

>No disrespect intended, but it sounds like you don't have any idea WHAT you're good at.
This is pretty accurate. I've spent the last several years in corporate management so I think that experience should be relevant, at least.

computers it work, accountant

i think the laws govern the path to trades somewhat, at least they do here in new zealand. have a bit of a google to find out what it takes in your locality, maybe talk to someone

depending on what you want to do. could take between 8 and 24 months. and between $24k to $100k.

Thread hijack. I'm 28, an mech engineer, but I want more. What do?

Shit location so I don't get paid much. No debt tho. Should I get masters/mba/phd, or just abandon my friends and loved ones to move to a location that pays more?

What's the location?

If you're getting "shit pay" as a mechanical engineer the degree definitely isn't the problem. Move.

rural Maine

($50,000)

if i were you, i'd move somewhere fucking awesome that's short on mechanical engineers, but has good internet connections

Oh. Yeah, you should probably GTFO of there. Maybe get a good job in Boston? That way you're still in the general area and can visit easily, if it's that important to you.

>$50,000
I live in upstate ny and this is what a secretary gets paid with a couple years experience.

I fought for that salary too. I know a guy making $38000 with an engineering degree

OP here, I make $55k tbh.

practically Mexico

>Learn reiki massage and scam dumb people.

reiki is legit.

Can't really prove it from here but I do it and people tell me moderately frequently how i'm super good at it/it was the first time they felt something physically from it

Think about whether or not you can handle all of the coursework that comes with a highly praised degree like engineering. Also ask yourself if that is truly what you want to do for the rest of your life. You need to find the correct balance of interest and reliability.

>reiki is legit

If it doesn't pay good money, it's not worth wasting time and money getting a degree in it. Shekels are the only valid reason to go to school IMO.

>Can't really prove it
There's no such thing as chi energy
There's no such thing as chakras
It's a placebo effect, which means if you think it's working, then it's working

Not here to insult you, keep doing you and making that money. It does help people. It just doesn't work through ancient chinese magic.