What's the best emo album of the last decade?

what's the best emo album of the last decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

rikaband.bandcamp.com/album/how-to-draw-a-river-step-by-step
youtube.com/watch?v=9RkgxIEieNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Snowing - Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit

this album is really underrated imo
rikaband.bandcamp.com/album/how-to-draw-a-river-step-by-step

this is pretty high up there for me as well.

it's an ep and also it's fucking garbage

It's Just Got Back from the Discomfort, but Masked Dancers is really fucking awesome too

Hotelier - home like noplace is there

I got a bit bored with album about halfway through. the first few tracks are killer though.

I've been listening to Masked Dancers on repeat for a couple of days now. I haven't listened to Discomfort yet.

I love TBLA, but they aren't emo. They're mathy indie rock. Just being comparatively lofi and having some shouts doesn't change that.

Probably not objectively the best, but the most overlooked and my personal favorite is Snoras' album Plague Waters. Highly recommend everyone try it if you haven't yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=9RkgxIEieNg

you are wrong

Adam said BLA isn't emo but they're objectively the most original band of the last 10 years

merchant ships

Discomfort is great too but in a different way. It's less mathy and structured more abstractly but it's a concept album and has easily the most feelsy lyrics you'll ever hear
It's also cool to note that the version of Discomfort that was released is actually a hastily assembled re-recording, practically every song from the original sessions were lost in a hard drive crash, which also lost the masters for Masked Dancers, which is why we'll never see a proper lossless release

The whiny vocals and self-deprecating lyrics makes the music a bit emo despite whatever genre he says.

I found it OP!

Sure and Make Sure to Wave is has ska elements and the original incarnation of the band was a ska punk band but that doesn't mean BLA is a ska band lol the only descriptors they ever used was experimental and rock (separately lol)
All similarities to emo were coincidental

fuck you faggot that's NOT EMO

But user you just posted it

this

NOT EMO
FUCK OFF TUMBLRCORE

>I don't like it so it's not emo

it definitely is

Fuck, I didn't know that. What do you anons think of Okumay?
The Shipsography?

>Shipsography
Sure yeah, I kind of meant all their work

Okumay is great, it's the logical conclusion, composition wise. It's thier most consistent and accessable, but still a 9/10. It's just too bad the band was kill by the time it finally came out. I'm glad I got it on vinyl while it was still available.

post a pic

I know its not this last decade, but any other anons have Cap'n Jazz as their all time favorite?

No matter what I listen to I always feel like Cap'n Jazz was just on another level.

Sure lol :3

Last decade user.
I would rather have all of Jack Senff's work from the last decade.

how is it not emo?

But what's so great about it

WHY

my niggas

Is it emo tho?

Meh, 7/10

This hurt to listen too

Merchant Ships is definitely the best thing Jack's done though
Although I did really like that Knola album from last year

Heard this album for the first time last week and holy fuck is it good
Is their second album worth listening to?

It may be just that I like Midwest Pen Pals too much.

the second album was quite underwhelming. I think they were going for a 'slow burn' approach but it did not work at all for me.

I'm listening to it now, 8 minutes in and I prefer that I can actually hear the lyrics on this album.

What is Discomfort about user?

It's a love story but it's more accurately an autobiographical piece based on several events that happened in Adams life growing up, in non-chronological order

anyone like crash of rhinos?

Hightide Hotel - Nothing Was Missing Except Me

love em, not emo but I love em

Super underrated band, Porch Luck and Elementary Biology are 2 of the best emo songs ever IMO

Weave, The Magdalene, Night Channels, Eiffel and Glass Coughs are worth listening to imo. Three On A Match also, the rest is eh

Just gonna leave this here

You lucky fucking ducky, I was gonna buy that on discogs after saving up sometime last December, and as soon as I finally had enough someone bought it.

This is my only emo rarity, The record itself is x/250, but there's only 8 that have the paper bag with white paint.

Pic related

CAN'T

nice, I have one of the earlier pressings
one of the cooler looking records I have

It's probably too well-known and well-produced for you guys but still

WHYYYYYY CAN'T IIIIIII SEEEEE THE SOFT SPOTS INNNNNN YOUURRRR EYYEEEEEESSSSSS

I'VE......... BEEN......... LI.........VING......... LIKE......... A.......... SAI.......... LOR.........MY.......... SEA......... LEGS.......... ARE......... WEARING DOWWWWNNN

that's not even on it, you're living a lie

o shit last decade why'd i misread
100% honestly it's gotta be this

this album is great but it's not ego of from the last decade
who else is hyped for the new album this year?

Sounds like Mumford and Sons

s/t is light years better, but as far as emo is concerned (or whatever genre tFB are in) they are (were) definitely the creme of the crop

sigh no more is underrated