"Is a Star Wars blaster as lethal as a real gun? Daisy Ridley's Instagram haters think so

"Is a Star Wars blaster as lethal as a real gun? Daisy Ridley's Instagram haters think so

Actress called out as 'hypocrite' in light of blaster-toting turn in Star Wars: The Force Awakens."
Amy West - Bio line
By Amy West

>daisy deleted her instagram
>blasters arent guns
>this bitch wants to tell you about your rights and your privilege as shes portrayed as a fucking god on screen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YvbTvX3BrTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thinking about how lucky I am like . . . Serious bit: as I sat in the audience yesterday tears were streaming down my face at the tribute to those that have been lost to gun violence. I didn’t get a great picture of the incredible group that came on stage but they were so brave. It was a true moment of togetherness. We must #stoptheviolence

1) Her character doesn't use a blaster much in the movie.

2) A blaster isn't real and a gun is.

3) You can be anti-gun but still portray a character who uses guns in a movie because fantasy and reality are two separate things.

4) You can be opposed to violence while still being in a somewhat violent movie because, again, fantasy and reality aren't the same thing.

5) People need to get a grip and stop harassing people online just because they disagree with them.

I don't know why famous people even have Twitters anymore. It's 99% garbage anyway, and when you have a lot of fans, 99% of that is a lot of garbage.

If you want your "social media presence", just hire some agency to handle it for you so you don't have to deal with all of that bullshit, and just ignore it.

Who cares?

Now is the time to be posting about Ghostbusters, Godzilla, and Suicide Squad.

>3) You can be anti-gun but still portray a character who uses guns in a movie because fantasy and reality are two separate things.

It's still hypocritical. Not in this case, because a blaster really isn't a real gun, but for example in the case of Matt Damon, who is huge liberal yet uses plenty of guns in Jason Bourne

That doesn't make any sense. If that were the case nobody could ever play the role of a sex offended or mass murderer. Did you also get super butt hurt about the American Sniper actor going to the DNC?

>>daisy deleted her instagram
w-where will I watch her cute selfies now? Daisy come back

Not him but it makes perfect sense. Matt Damon is rich and famous because of characters like Bourne. Of course he's entitled to his opinion, but he reveals himself to be a complete fool by saying "'Ban Guns, Come Watch My Gun Movie!"

/k/ here. Fucking love ruining the careers of people who try to strip others of their basic human rights.

Also isn't she a fucking bong? It pisses me off more than anything when bongs tell us what to do.

>basic human right

Well that's retarded.

A blaster would burt your face off, a gun would play tag with your brain tissue. Energy weapons are memes, any fast moving solid object can easily kill people once its moving fast enough.

Because it's a character they're playing. By that same logic if Anthony Hopkins said 'cannibalism and murder are bad' he would be a fool by your warped standards.

>If that were the case nobody could ever play the role of a sex offended or mass murderer.

Nobody would play a sex offender or mass murderer if that character would be portrayed in a postive, heroic way

No because Hannibal Lecter is portrayed as a villain and a terrible human being.

tbf it seems weird to most of us why burgers love their guns, its ur own ppl that u should be more pissed with

yet again, the line between reality and film still exists.
guns in a movie are not real objects, but actually props that move the narrative along.
Being anti-gun and using a gun in a movie are two completely different things because the actor is playing a role. They willing change their ideals and mind in order to play a character in a fictional setting. Jason Bourne and Matt Damon are not the same person. Matt Damon is purposely changing himself to become a different person to will a role in a movie a writer has written.
A gun in movie is not the same as a gun in real life.
By that logic any person killed on screen would be considered dead in real life.
Actors are not the same person as their character.

God i want to face fuck her.

The ability to protect your self actors state or otherwise, foreign or domestic is a basic human right.

If it isn't a basic human right it means the government has a monopoly on force and you aren't allowed to fight back or protect yourself

Well that takes a lot of action heroes off the table. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure Sutherland doesn't condone torture.

Deleting your insta is the most hypocritical thing you can do. She has millions of fans anyway... so what if some are going to comment "uhhh she anti gun!" who the fuck cares when you have millions of fans who worship you?

Because we actually fought for our independence. Where as in Europe you still have kings and Queens

>implying there aren't hundreds of actors that for a role, especially a "controversial" one like that would be

>government has a monopoly on force
One of the things that establishes a state as present is the monopoly on legitimate force.

>Well that's retarded.

How is it not a basic human right to have the means to defend yourself on equal ground as your attackers?

Adults know that the only person responsible for your safety is you.

Well then you are a slave. In the USA you are legally allowed to shoot law enforcement who are unlawfully arresting you.

You can also shoot people who try to rape you. This is the Colorado state University. The number of girls getting violently raped dropped after it was allowed for people to carry a gun on campus

>american education

>you are a slave
Ok buddy, it's more built in as a safety valve to stop vigilantism.

You really don't get it do you?

It's hypocritical to say ban guns while at the same time making tons of money in media that glorify guns and convinces people to buy guns.

After jurassic world came out sales or. 45-70 lever action rifles went through the roof.

Also Pratt is /k/ as fuck

>In the USA you are legally allowed to shoot law enforcement who are unlawfully arresting you.
Uh.

You have to be retarded to be able to sign up on instagram and twitter right?

>this is the average american's level of understanding

It's more if someone is attacking you or the government starts trying to genocide us we can shoot those fuckers back. Where as you have to just be genocidedone.

>being the chattel of merkel

Matt Damon is a tool. If you want a realistic portrayal of the man watch Team America.

>Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure Sutherland doesn't condone torture.

So he is a hypocryte too

Playing pretend with guns for a living isn't the same as glorifying guns of criminal activities. It's autism territory to compare fictional settings with fictional rules with reality.

You will in all likelihood get shot back, but it is a legitimate defense in court and many states have laws explicitly stating that it is legal to shoot a cop in self defense

>UK doesn't have a queen
>half of Scandinavia doesn't have a queen
>implying America didn't remove the German king

Are you really this autistic that you can't separate a character from the person playing a character?

Yea, in reality there are 350,000,000 guns in America and only 8,000 gun murders each year. The majority of which are black on black murders using stolen guns and are related to gang or drug violence.

Gun crime is a nonissue in the USA

Oh yeah? There isn't still royalty in Europe? Americans didn't fight for their independence?

Which part did user get incorrect exactly?

The autism is too much

>moving the goalposts and pretending no one will notice
That's nice. Now go discuss it on a political board, faggot.

Ban blacks.

I think there is more than 8,000 gun murders a year. Isn't it like 14k?

But otherwise yeah, it's mostly black men.

Maybe the fact that monarchs are figureheads and the fact that several successful independence movements happened in Europe.

>not knowing the french revolution and how it related to US independence

But he didn't say there wasn't indepence movements. You just assumed that.

And I'm sure he understands that they are figureheads. If he doesn't, he's not very bright.

>convinces people to buy guns
people are fucking stupid and will do anything/buy anything if they have it in a movie.
hollywood is a money run business.
people will betray their own ideals for money.
get what? the fact that you people have to over analyze everything an actor does and says? who gives a fuck what some ugly manfaced bong has to say?
no shit liberalism is hypocritical.
but, yet again, I remind you that a movie does not necessarily reflect any ideals of the actors. It is a performance. If you can't understand the line between reality and fiction you probably don't understand how actors work.
An actor is one who portrays a character in a performance.
Al Pacino doesn't actually encourage drug use.
Robert De Niro doesn't actually encourage people to use guns/assassinate people.

People can't tell the difference between fact and fiction anymore, isn't that apparent?

>) You can be anti-gun but still portray a character who uses guns in a movie because fantasy and reality are two separate things.
>4) You can be opposed to violence while still being in a somewhat violent movie because, again, fantasy and reality aren't the same thing.

Only if you want to be a hypocrite.

youtu.be/YvbTvX3BrTo

Your acting like "using guns in criminal activities" isn't something that happens such a small amount of time unless you live in Chicago or some shitb

It's 8. It might have been 14k like a decade ago

>In the USA you are legally allowed to shoot law enforcement who are unlawfully arresting you.
t. Sup Forums neckbeard

>the laws of your land don't allow you to not only keep and bear arms but defend your life and property if you choose to

I heard it was a contractual issue.

Are you really so bent that you are unable to grasp the idea that movies don't exist in a vacuum and are a part of culture?

Not really.

Fictional guns make no fucking sense. Fictional violence barely resembles actual violence. For you to watch a movie and compare it to real life is to throw away decades of post-modernism just to push your agenda.

Oh, but it's still mostly black.

I'm pro-gun for a europoor, but this is just a stupid argument.

It's like saying the cast of the Ocean's series can't be upset if they're ever robbed, because the movies depict a bunch of thieves as likeable and charismatic.

You do realise they don't actually run the country or have any say at all, yeah?

They are literally there for you fat burger fucks to come on gawp at. Like Disneyland.

The american equivalent of royalty is kimK.

Yea and if you had any actual balls you would have cut their heads off decades ago

I really dig the way Jeremy Saulnier has been portraying guns. He shows that they have real weight and real impact, and they aren't as simply as picking one up and pulling a trigger. Like the rifle scene in Blue Ruin or Anton fumbling with the shotgun in Green Room.

No, that's true. Your countries are run by unelected burrecrats in Brussels. My apologies.

Who is Charles II?

Fuck me you cunts are thick as pigshit.

>People who don't know anything about guns or gun laws in the US commenting

>defending yourself isn't a basic human right
you're fucking scum

You realise that we have European elections to vote for the EMPs, yeah? of course you don't, dimwit.

Besides, not for much longer the don't.

You mean Charles I

>Snaggletoothed Limey compares the elderly Queen that he worships to a cheap tacky children's amusement like Disneyland
>thinks this makes America look bad

You're doing my work for me, Nigel.

kek, irregardless, the point stands.

>he doesn't understand that movies are make-believe

Can we just ban Americans already? Nowhere else in the world will you find this level of stupidity. It's impossible to have conversations when half the board has the intelligence of a half-eaten cheesestring.

>irregardless
Could've saved a couple key strokes, bud

He is. I wonder what country he's from?

yh but its nice to see celebrities taking heat for once

proving once again that the only thing clapistanis love more than having heroes is the opportunity to tear them down

What are you even saying you fat sack of monkey piss?

You have absolutely zero reading comprehension.

Let me spell it out for you, all simple and shit, so even a fucking uneducated twat like you can grasp it.

We had our civil war years before you were a twinkle in your dads grease encrusted nutsack. We removed our monarchy. They have no power. They are useless beyond a tourist attraction, to which you fuckwits will pay millions to come visit to try and get a bit of damn culture. Just like the Euro fuckwits who pay millions to go see a roller-coaster and a bunch of furries.

Nobody wins you cunt, both are idiots.

No fuck of and watch Duck Dynasty or some other shit you call entertainment.

You know what, I could care less.

Burgers BTFO

What's wrong with her face?

I'm pretty sure a person can have no problem with carrying guns in warzone while object to civilian ownership. It's not a contradiction.

Really?

You're on an American site, talking about American movies. Since your country literally doesn't matter you'll likely be concerning yourself with American stuff for the rest of your useless unproductive life.

You feel that sting? That's the pain of being second class. Trust that instinct. Accept it, as you roll around your country waiting for the next American trend to tell you how to live your life.

By the way, if you count just the white population America is tied for 3rd in worldwide IQ. Any of this "stupid" meme has to do with you know who...

Stupid ugly cunt

im no burger im a bong
liberal celebs should get heat if right wing ones get heat like clint 'senile old fuck' eastwood is today

>makes a post trying to argue that Americans aren't stupid
>only says stupid things

Respond some more, you're helping my case

so fucking plain looking
like staring at the color grey

>discussing and arguing pop culture is the same as Americans pretending movies resemble real life
Be as smug as you want. At least I can tell fantasy and real life apart.

m8 you're embarresing us quit getting so testy

>Since your country literally doesn't matter you'll likely be concerning yourself with American stuff for the rest of your useless unproductive life
>You feel that sting?
>That's the pain of being second class.
>as you roll around your country waiting for the next American trend to tell you how to live your life.
holy shit m8 I'm British what now?

>if you count just the white population America is tied for 3rd in worldwide IQ
absolute cuckoldry

Next he's going to tell us how D&D is Devil Worship and how Heavy Metal makes you kill yourself with subliminal messages.

Goblin, please...

/k/ doesn't know the difference between real life and a movie.
Not surprising.

i'll cut you nigga.

Boy, you are stupid aren't you?

Nowhere in my piece did I suggest that the monarchy has any power whatsoever. So your fussy little working class chav rant is misplaced.

You don't need to educate me on Limey history. I know it well. My favorite part was how your military officers loved a bit of buggery with their Arab and Indian subjects.

Is that the underlying root of your current immigration policy?

>2) A blaster isn't real and a gun is.

A "blaster" is an obvious stand-in for a gun.

>run by unelected burrecrats in Brussels
literally wrong

>DURRRRR MOVIES AREN'T REAL, DUMMY!

No shit, retards.

The issue isn't that movies are make believe.
The issue is that movies, while fictional, still have morals and narratives. Many of which glorify guns.

Are you so autistic that you can't get this?
Or are you just that dedicated to sucking celebrity cock and running damage-control for them when they say/do something stupid.

Maybe you should stop going to an American website created by an American, hosted on an American server and populated by Americans discussing American media if you hate Americans so much, Euroshit.

Why aren't you using your superior European websites then?
Oh wait. That's right. They don't exist. Because Europe cannot into Internet.
It's easier to just let America dominate the Web and just bitch and moan from the sidelines.

you can never win at the sjw game.