EvH is a God, best electric guitar player ever. Let's discuss

EvH is a God, best electric guitar player ever. Let's discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/dimebag-darrell-buried-with-one-of-rocks-most-iconic-guitars/49776
vpnprogram.com
youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA
youtube.com/watch?v=sjzLyIZNa58
youtube.com/watch?v=_CZkRPoQIxw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=deeBQZ8Aklc
youtube.com/watch?v=JFnkSCdpdmg
youtu.be/Ly0qixCS7S0
youtube.com/watch?v=L77DJiT06nU
youtube.com/watch?v=4n-CNbaSHMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's a funny way to spell Eric Clapton.

I think technically we have far better players today but for his time he was buck wild dude will never be forgotten. Srv is best of all time tho imo.

That's a funny way to spell Tony Iommi

Tom DeLong faggots

Nice trips, but nick jonas is still the worlds greatest guitarrplayer

>Let's discuss
here's all the discussion that's needed

Marty Friedman or John Petrucci.

van halen was an overrated bar band. a bunch of sub 3 minute songs, short attention span theater at best

Dave Lister

EVH is great, but my problem with him is that he influenced an entire generation of shitty shredders. Of course, this wasn't his fault, but it resulted in a lot of shitty music.

Why is it that the older rockers get, the more "elaborate" their clothes get? They're always wearing clothes with lots of bullshit stitched onto it.

You're all wrong

Eddie was an innovator that is without question, and if it weren't for him many guitarists wouldn't be as good as they are if it weren't for his influence. But to tag him best evar is a stretch for me. People like Frank Marino of Mahogany Rush were were killing it before Eddie.

Good musician, but a bit boring , friedman is much better imo.

Mr lister sir repping that cheap unbranded lp

The GOAT

Have you listened to his work with Steven Wilson?

They never escape Midlife crisis.

No, but i love Porcupine Tree

Personally I think Megadeth - era Marty Friedman has my favorite guitarwork but there are a bunch of great guitar players. Guthrie Govan, Tobin Abasi, Eddie Van Halen, John Petrucci, Buckethead, Steve Vai, Randy Rhoads, Dimebag Darrell, Paul Gilbert....etc.

I would agree with you about GG's solo work being a bit boring (impressive, but boring), his stuff with Steven Wilson is much more interesting and less shreddy, imo

He had a Gibson Les Paul when he was 16.

Madman

Shawn Lane, The man Paul Gilbert said was terrifying, good choice user

agreed, never could understand their fame with their stupid muppet singer

>ctrl f
>no satch
Niggers, please step your game up, Satriani taught all your favorite guitar players how to play

Ok I'll check it out.

David was a wash, let's not forget Mr Hagar, who changed the whole game ... VH is far from a bar band.

his signature guitar is gay as fuck though

The FrankenStrat? Bro... Come on now..

Prince and Hendrix

GG is a good middle ground for all the newer techniques and styles without "losing emotion" in most people's opinion unlike newer guitarists.
EVH is just too balls to the wall to me. Just my opinion

He's a good guitarist but he's a 1 trick pony.

J. Loren Wince? Plays smooth as silk and still has a voice like an angels dream. Prolific as fuck

Tosin fucking Abasi

Will always respect Eddie, not only as a guitarist, but as a person.

guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/dimebag-darrell-buried-with-one-of-rocks-most-iconic-guitars/49776

Your isp and government are monitoring your online activity.
vpnprogram.com

Misha Mansoor
Plini
Tosin
Jason Richardson

At the time, he was an incredible front man, perfect for a band to gain momentum. He has looks and a body that women got greasy for, a master at running his mouth in any occasion, good or bad it didnt matter but he generated talk, and for the music, his voice fit what was needed. When VH hit mainstream, they were not a carbon clone of someone else. Their popularity, the promotion, and record sale speak to how well received the early VH formula worked.

444 Neighbor of The Beast

I must be old... never heard of anyone on that list

youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA

Yeah, this guy burned the roof of his mouth because he ate pizza before it was cool.

Oops. OP accidentally said something stupid.

>Oh boy it has to be electrical.

Fucking.

Faggots.

not good enough though for you to easily find a picture of him bigger than one for ants

Sorry, somebody properly cool coming through, faggots need not apply.

>country music in a skilled guitar thread

1-800-comeonnow.jpg

OMFG JIMI HENDRIX IS CATEGORICALLY THE BEST GUITARIST. IT'S LITERALLY THE FIRST THING THEY TEACH YOU IN MUSIC CLASS.

DUMB FUCKS

Really, you god-damned faggot-ball shit-dicks.

If it must be electric at least try to avoid looking like a pimply 12 year old.

It's time to go to bed, OP.

Without Jimi Hendrix, Les Paul, Tony Iomi, EvH, and Chuck Berry, the electric guitar would be nothing like what it is now. That's probably why they're considered the greatest.

Yngwie Malmsteen is probably more skilled than all of them put together but his music is absolutely devoid of soul. How a guitarist as great as he is can make such shit music is mind boggling.

>Rock and Roll in s skilled guitar thread.

U R N Fagget.

Thanks for sharing, man. That was fucking emotional. RIP Dime

I love Ritchie, don't get me wrong. Him and Dio were the fucking BOMB!
But Jason Becker when he could move his arms was way better than any fool in this thread, easily.

Eric Clapton couldn't be reached for comment, he was busy stealing even more from Jeff Beck

This guy belongs in this thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=sjzLyIZNa58

thank you David ,now gtfo

Yngwie!!!!!!!!!

ITT: shredfags.

Would much rather listen to Peter Green or David Gilmour or Duane Allman than all the boring souless shit guitarists being brought up.

This. Jason Becker is literally the best there ever was at playing the guitar.

and a challenger appears

\m/ seeing periphery in April!

>Bucket on head but negative colors
I guess that's one of the monsters he has fought.

Eddie was all flash and happenstance!
There are 12 year old girls on Youtube that shred better than he does. He is top 50 at best, and that is only in the Rock category.

Most overrated guitarist/artist of all time!!!!!!

Jerry's Breakdown!

youtube.com/watch?v=_CZkRPoQIxw

m.youtube.com/watch?v=deeBQZ8Aklc

Step Aside, step aside....

Buckethead is pretty high up there. He is my fav guitar player

youtube.com/watch?v=JFnkSCdpdmg

Same. Or I have four favorites but he shares the first place. I wish he would come to Finland with a full band. I also dream of having one of those Gibson Buckethead Signatures they don't make them anymore and even if they did, I can't afford to buy a +4000€ guitar.

i still cry

It makes me want to kill myself.

youtu.be/Ly0qixCS7S0

indeed

musical mastery AS FUCK

this, Hendrix is the most influential electric guitarist of all time

'Ol cancer tongue, his circus clown get ups, and his bloated son can go fuck themselves. Hows about them apples, bitch tits?

Influential and best are not the same thing.

Eddie isn't the best technically, there are guys that can play faster and jam more technique in, but Eddie is probably one of the greatest influences on guitarist, because he wrote good fucking songs.

Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert and Shawn Lane are all way better players, but EVH wrote great rock songs and riffs, not to mention he is a monster rhythm player.

i get the hate about country, but dismissing Reed or Atkins as musician is just uneducated.

you are right, they are not. He just happen to be both.

I mean all these guys are good but youtube.com/watch?v=L77DJiT06nU

>> the "I was born the wrong generation kid"

Who says I'm not a 42 year old manchild?

Paul Gilbert, fuck yes.

can a country guy contribute? Obviously not the GOAT, but just like to get opinions
youtube.com/watch?v=4n-CNbaSHMg

Clapton is the most overrated guitarist ever.