Now that the dust has settled, was it good?

Now that the dust has settled, was it good?

I really don't feel like listening to it again, so probably not.

It was alright

nu-rap crap

Saturnz Barz, Busted and Blue & She's My Collar are the only songs I go back to. Maybe Submission too.

Not at all. Maybe a 3-4 good songs.

It wasn't bad, but definitely sub-par for Albarn

It has some good Damon/Gorillaz classic style songs like Busted and Blue and Andromeda, and the experimental ones like Saturn Barz and Hallelujah Money are kind of catchy.
I just think they over-did it with the features.
Overall is passable but not memorable (at least is not The Fall)

5/10

Gorilllaz was always shit
fuck off backt to réddit already

There is no melody in the album except she's my collar,saturnz barz.
This album is shit. Damon tried to do something different but failed miserably. Just look at the momentz and ascension for example, the melody is same note kick over and over again. Who the fuck enjoys that shit? This album doesnt have melody depth as older albums and it sucks.
There are few good songs though, such as
>> Andromeda (Purple Disco Machine Remix)
>> She's my collar
>> Strobelite

>nu-rap
He did it

yes, not a bad song on there and it's sequenced really well.

There were some pretty good tracks but they were averaged out by ones I just didn't care for at all [Let Me Out, Carnival, Sex Murder Party, others I forgot and can't be assed to listen to again] so the whole thing was just kind of 'okay'

Gorillaz was never good

Tracklist needs fixing. We need a better closer than We Got The Power, re-write Popcaan's parts in Saturnz Barz and it's a solid 8/10

I listen to Charger and Andromeda often and I'm glad those and a couple others exist but 4 out of 29 tracks is pretty weak.
People don't like plastic beach but I think it's way stronger than humanz in every sense

Am I the only one that liked We Got the Power?

It could've easily been an 8/10 if it wasn't for the misused features. 5.5/10

>Anything I don't like is reddit

I really listend the crap out of it for a week after release but I kinda really quickly and abruptly swifted off to new discoveries. Probably won't go find a place in my memory beside Demon Days and Plastic Beach

I didn't like it personally. I realize Gorillaz has never been an esoteric indie band, but they were always different. This album was way too generic.

I did, it's a good song and it caused this tweet to exist

Why is he so butthurt?

The fall is better as a small side project than humanz is as a hyped stellar return

I've already reached the point where it's fading out of my consciousness, where I can safely pretend that it just never happened. There's nothing worthwhile about Humanz, even its best moments aren't really worth defending. I'm just gonna move on with my life and that'll be that.

Can someone give me context or explain?

All I know is that Blur and Oasis had a literal war with each other in the 90s and they hate each other's guys.

Meh, Noel Gallagher was on the latest Gorillaz album so I think they're cool now. And no one likes Liam anyway.

It doesn't seem like Damon had much of an input in the album. The parts that he does stand out in are good, but the majority of the collaborations and guests are just weak.

Boring

Slowburn, like PB.
Have imo bold, "Gorillaz sounding" songs like Charger, Momentz, Out of Body, CARNIVAL, she is my collar Saturn Barnz and some "normal"songs like Let Me Out, Busted and Blue, Andromeda.

I have no problem with the album song order, the intermissions, etc. Anons are complaining a lot about the features but i think they all fit their songs very well, and the rapping is more easily digest that on PB (white flag, sweepstakes), something that i like.

There are more songs still to be released yet, the remixes are almost all really good, better than the D-sides ones and the album is on top physical sales, i think all is working like clock.

My only complain is the lack of videos, but who knows.

Saturn barnz, charger, out of body, she is my collar, submission, momentz, sex murder party, carnival, even we got the power sound generic to you?

Worse than The Fall to be honest

I don't have to or want to listen to it, the album art just looks really really bad

no. unfortunately.

sex murder party reminds me of a Flight of the Choncords song.

I've read this a lot lol

I actually like that song too