youtube.com/watch?v=jUcbk6HI4g0
youtube.com/watch?v=4rvPX8UlQ78
youtube.com/watch?v=rafY_lAqqfw
youtube.com/watch?v=0rh0xvLxIAI
youtube.com/watch?v=ikl16iLeHIY
youtube.com/watch?v=_modqtyiAoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kria

People had shit taste around 2011-2016, due to the great influence of Kanye and his meme rap, I like Kanye but luckily we're getting out of that period

Honestly what went right? Everything they've put out is either garbage or average at best

Literally nothing.

They withheld good material from the band so that they could use it in their solo careers

They got too old for their own whimsical autist act

>That picture

Nothing
My AnCo dance party was a huge success

I've never noticed the fire in the background until now

just pretend they broke up after Fall Be Kind

They're all kind of the same amount of ugly except for maybe Panda

except for panda, they all look like the same guy with different hair

deakin ran off to put out better material and geo hasn't realized thats his only hope

That rsd EP is actually pretty good. Nice throwback to their early 2000 days.

None of them are as ugly as Deak wtf

deak is beautiful stfu

nigga avey is objectively conventionally attractive. panda is cute. geo is meh and deak is... well pretty fucking ugly

ah my feels
you got the screencap?

Yeah probably this desu.

never went wrong and their current drummer posted a vid of avey rehearsing with a guitar
so get ready y'all we're gonna get some sick set additions

why cant they just except him as a new member? hes a good drummer and Id love to see the 100+ reply thread about whatever garbage name theyd give him

Why do three of them look like alternate universe versions of Mark Ruffalo

Nothing went wrong, Sup Forums is just a bunch of autists who think if they don't get BNM on Pitchfork that they must be garbage now.

Yeah, I think part of it is that they're starting to not work as well together. The overall answer is that they're getting bored.

People keep forgetting this. MOTW was fantastic. Definitely encouraging. I hope they see how well this was received and use it to influence their next record

while their last two albums were weaker, and they haven't captured their original spirit in almost a decade, I think theyre still doing pretty good.

Anco has always changed their sound and I think thats important for them. While they have influences theyve always had a pretty unique sound.
Even with Painting with and Painters, there's not much else like it these days. Certainly more forward thinking then their contemporaries who still are just updated version of 60 and 70s psych. That being said Sleep Cycle is better than anything theyve put out since at least Merriweather

Except Centipede Hz and Painting With were both bad albums. They're a lost cause.

Also did Deakin actually leave the band?

>bad albums

Get the fuck out of here you contrarian faggot. They're not the best in comparison to their previous releases but they are extremely far away from being "bad" albums.

there's no panda bear on that ep, is heholding them back with his boops and hocketing?

then he has much better solo stuff than avey tare

lol, that's what passes for "contrarianism" these days?

I think they're bad. Shit, I don't know a single person who considers them to be good. I hardly see how that's a contrarian (or even unpopular!) opinion.

he's not a staple but he could probably join back at any time. I don't think he likes touring

Do not forget that the 3 albums before CHz were also shit (especially Strawberry Jam).

Nah there I have to disagree with you, I think everything from Sung Tongs through MPP are the best things they've ever done.

I thinking Painting With is at least "good" like a 6 or 7. There's 4 really good songs on PW with mediorce to bad filler

Shit opinion.

this isnt very contrarian

this is

That's fair, I wouldn't argue with that really. I suppose it's more average than bad, but I would hesitate to call it good. The next good album they make will still be a return to form for them.

but Sung Tongs is awful.

Friendly reminder that there are probably more people who unironically like Taylor Swift or Drake on Sup Forums than Animal Collective now

>thinking's CHz and PW are bad
>thinking that SJ and MPP are their best albums
fucking tool

>not liking shit music is contrarian
kys

neo-Sup Forums, everyone

Centipede Hz has a lot of pretty damn good tracks that harken back to their earlier stylings, it's an amalgamation of their early rock/noise and pop stylings. Songs like Mercury Man actually put me in mind of Spirit They've Gone Spirit They've Vanished. Monkey Riches has a really nice glitchy groove through out, New Town Burnout is just all around a great song. Moonjock is a strong opening track and features some great composition and the bridges are engaging and eclectic (especially the part where they reference the beatles and it breaks out into some Sgt. Pepper's style breakdown). Amanita has been hailed as one of the best Animal Collective closers by many many people, up there with Alvin Row and Brother Sport.

It's just an absolute falsehood to call both PW and CHz "bad" albums as if that's objectively true. They both contain great song writing for what it's worth, and they both attempt different concepts and themes. Painting With has some really good songs too. Vertical, The Burglars, On Delay, Golden Gal, all of these are pretty much hailed as stand out tracks on Painting With.

You're contrarian because you're "le new animal collective is shit, i want the old stuff back" for the sake of being a nostalgiafag. Then we get Meeting of the Waters and peopel say it's a rehash of Campfire Songs which is a fucking bullshit excuse to hate on the EP, either that or "they're trying to copy Deakin". Come the fuck on guys, this "animal collective is shit now" meme needs to fuck off.

I love the old anco albums, it's just their newer releases are irredeemable garbage.

And why is it shit? If you can actually convey to me what makes any of these albums we're discussing "shit", maybe you'll have a credible opinion. But as it stands, you've got nothing to argue except "muh tazte"

>You're contrarian because you're "le new animal collective is shit, i want the old stuff back" for the sake of being a nostalgiafag.

Or maybe I just don't like them.

If newer releases means their output from 2010 on I'd agree with you for the most part
There's a few bits I like on CHz though but I couldn't stand anything out of the Painting With sessions

But neo-Sup Forums likes post-Sung Tongs AnCo.

What makes them "irredeemable garbage"? ODDSAC isn't irredeemable garbage. Neither is Transverse Temporal Gyrus. Or Centipede Hz for that matter. Or Painting With.

>they don't make noise/ambient based music their main focus anymore so they're shit

neo-Sup Forums exclusively likes Spirit They're Gone and nothing else

>everything after sung tongs is garbage
>writing off over a decade of music

i don't get you kids.

No, it means since Strawberry Jam. Feels was also a disappointment, but I'd say it's just meh.

Are you one of those kids who likes nothing but Animal Crack Box and Hollindagain and thinks Campfire Songs, Danse Manatee, Spirit, HCTI and everything else are straight garbage?

ah, the old "mpp is bad" meme

wrong
they've been making some of their most accessible albums since Feels

>these albums are accessible and therefor bad

fuck you're edgy

and where I said that?

you implied it

All the albums you named are great.

>the biggest sell-out album of the century that's very far from their best output
>good

>calls MPP a "sell-out" album
>unironically

wew

you're really stupid aren't you

>>unironically calls a spade a spade
>wew
Made me think.

>irredeemable garbage
Screens
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrygcd8I1Ko

Mr. Fingers
youtube.com/watch?v=sUtOZ57Qqro

Working/Tantrum Barb
youtube.com/watch?v=jUcbk6HI4g0

Safer
youtube.com/watch?v=4rvPX8UlQ78

Crimson
youtube.com/watch?v=rafY_lAqqfw

Gotham
youtube.com/watch?v=0rh0xvLxIAI

Kinda Bonkers
youtube.com/watch?v=ikl16iLeHIY

I Think I Can
youtube.com/watch?v=_modqtyiAoY
But MPP is good? Are you kidding me? This is called being contrarian. So because it's unlike the base they started with that means it isn't good? Is that what makes Painting With bad, because it's too far and away from what they started out making? This is a bad way to criticize an artist or their music.

Ad hominem, nice. You're wrong on both counts, but it's okay.

GUYZ ITS CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED AND THEIR MOST KNOWN ALBUM IT'S ABSOLUTE GARBAGE

/hipster

Oddsac was the best thing they've done in the last decade

How contrarian is that opinion

I'd say it isn't because that's generally how people think of Oddsac, those who've listened to it anyway. It's probably the best thing they released since MPP.

Is this the contrarian AnCo opinion thread now?

The Painters > Meeting of the Waters

I like them both, though.

All the songs you've listed are mediocre to bad, and you basically proved my point.

>But MPP is good?
It's really not.

Meeting of the Waters makes me moist. I love Campfire Songs though, it's my favorite album, and obviously there is a lot of comparison to be made with Meeting of the Waters and Campfire Songs THOUGH I wouldn't call it a rehash by any means.

Then what do you consider good Animal Collective? None of those songs are "bad" I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

>poptimist
leave the board pls

>hipster
leave the board pls

I wish more of PW was like Kinda Bonkers.

I honestly think they should have made Kinda Bonkers the first track instead of Floridada and removed Floridada. For some reason I really can't get into Floridada, it sounds like it was made to be a single. It's not a bad song per-say but I think they could have had a much better opener.

I've just god a weird nostalgia feeling about the early 2010s litening to Crimson, and I've never actually listened to this song before

Crimson is great song, should have been on CHz.

I definitely think PW would've benefited with more contemplative tracks. Peacemaker is criminally underrated too.

Peacemaker is fucking great. For some reason it reminds me of Bleed from Fall Be Kind, though it sounds nothing like it...guess it just reminds me of the atmosphere and tone of Bleed.

pitchfork stopped giving them good reviews

>tfw their touring drummer has been posting rehearsal snippets on his instagram story and avey has a GUITAR on one of them
>tfw he's playing the chords to sweet road

hnnnnnng

if i see them on the 20th and they play something like that i am going to be so stoked.

What a fucking mess of a thread. People shit talking their best albums in Feels, ST, and SJ, and defending utter trash like PW and Deakin's life. Idk what went wrong, but their fans might have something to do with it

nothing went wrong. don't worry about if "new albums aren't as good as old ones," just enjoy their fuckin music.

>PW
>utter trash

try again.

>there is in incredibly slim chance for in the flowers or hey light
god please
if you can bless us with alvin row you can do this too

>Kinda Bonkers
>Bad
literally one of their best songs and you just read the title and said it was bad

The painters, sleep cycle, and meeting of the waters are all better than strawberry jam at least by a small margin

their fanbase/image sucks and they're older and less driven.

in 2008 they were hands down the most innovative and important indie band in the world. every other indie band shifts around in the exact same box of sonic innovation and suddenly here come these weird brilliant dudes releasing album after album of incredibly fresh music that sounds 15 years ahead of the Fleet Foxes and Grizzly Bears of the world.

Anyone who doesn't at least respect the insane level of creativity and innovation in pre-Centipede Hz AnCo knows fuckall about music.

Centipede Hz is fucking amazing.

Also imagine having such shit taste that you think MOM is bad. Jesus.

>Anyone who doesn't at least respect the insane level of creativity and innovation in pre-Centipede Hz AnCo knows fuckall about music.
so 90% of modern Sup Forums?

They just made the best song of all time though...

I wasn't saying it was bad? I was quoting someone else who said everything after SJ was "iredeemable garbage" and providing great songs from after 2007. lol.

/fookin thread

LET ME BEGIIIINNNN