What did you think of Thirteen ghosts (Circa 2001)?

What did you think of Thirteen ghosts (Circa 2001)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B67GMYgnaws&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67GMYgnaws&has_verified=1
youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Laj8Yp6w
youtube.com/watch?v=5FmS5WjuK6s
imdb.com/title/tt0053559/?ref_=nv_sr_2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Saw it once as a kid. Pretty scary

that naked ghost bitch was probably one of my first boners

my girl Rah Digga was nice in that shit. good flick

GhostKino

That was when Matthew Lilliard had a career.

Garbage

Pretty good ghost designs. That one scene where they name all of them and show brief clips of them was cool.

I liked it.
That glass door death stayed with me 2bh

The best part of the movie was a feature on the DVD that gave you the stories behind all of the ghosts.

Watching shaggy get sliced in half scared me a bit as a kid. Also watching the dude get bent backwards made me cringe. Used to really like this movie a lot.

I wouldn't call it garbage, but maybe one small tier above garbage. Slightly less smelly garbage or something.

this and house on haunted hill are essential 2000s horror

It's fun garbage.

Great, desu. All the ghosts are memorable, you actually want to know about them, especially the stronger ones. Great atmosphere#, scheme, cast, cut, music, mask etc.

Don't know Sup Forums doesn't like it more. One of the more unique horror movies. Guess people just have disgusting shittaste.

It isn't garbage in any way, though. Shit like It Follows is garbage, Insidious 2 is garbage, Paranormal Activity 2-100 are gabarge.

Why would anyone be afraid of this guy, though? What is he supposed to do?

unless it has a super hero in it, majority of Sup Forums wont care for a film

Well, in the iilustration he uses an axe. With an axe he could be quite a threat. Especially since you can't kill him.

Garbage, trash, whatever, call whatever you want. Calling it a good movie is a bit out there, but it's fun, it's enjoyable. It Follows was bretty good. Insidious 2 was bad, but nothing offensive, infinitely better than the mass produced studio horrors of this genre cycle. Paranormal Activity is pure shit.

>It Follows was bretty good.
So, why would anyone care what you think about 13 Ghosts when you are clearly mentally behind?

>not liking random farting girls and random guys they cast in the next Banana Republic as the "enemies" to follow the main characters
>also stupid looking boy breaking through hole in door as jump scare

Comparing It Follows to Insidious or PA is insulting. Did you even watch it?

Meh. Not terrible but not good either.

Go watch Babadook fagboy.

What the fucks he gonna do with it? He can't see and he'd have to swing it while hopping around on one hand. Actually that sounds hilarious and I'm disappointed it wasn't in the movie.

Shannon Elizabeth was a good wank, ginger cunt was annoying

kek, same here famiglia

This.
>you will never be ridden by a qt ghost girl

Excellent costumes and art direction. Too bad everything else is shit.

Cute

That whole black zodiac thing was awesome.

What was the spoopiest ghost to you Sup Forums?
I'd say the jackal for me.

It was pretty meh but the design of the house and the ghosts were good. I especially liked the backstories of the 12 ghosts that was featured in the DVD.

The Jackal comes close but The Torso spooped me most.

literally Sup Forums: the ghost

That's Sup Forums

The first three Dark Castle films were all good dumb fun, but 13 Ghosts was probably the best of them. At least it didn't have Chris Kattan.

The Juggernaut, followed closely by the Hammer.

Yea but damn if that cut right on the nipple wasnt a boner assassin.

Awesome movie dude. Greats deaths, pretty original plot, badass villians with legitimate back stories. That awesome lead up to where you know everything is going to go so far down hill. Definitely one of the better horror films of my time.

Expected to see her boobs since it was a horror movie and she showed them in American Pie. It didn't deliver. That's probably why everyone agreed it was shit

>her character was described as grotesquely mutilated
>all the cuts on her just made her cute instead
Was this an intentional design decision?

I watched it cause of the monk dude

But it was pretty shit

The Jackal > The Hammer > The Torso > The Angry Princess > The Juggernaut > The Torn Prince > The Pilgrimess > The First Born Son > The Great Child > The Bound Woman > The Dire Mother

Anyone ever watch the special scenes on DVD? I used to have it as a kid and it had a little short background story for each of the ghosts with live footage of the actual actors.. Man, I miss the days when DVD extras were actually decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=B67GMYgnaws&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67GMYgnaws&has_verified=1

Illustration looks like Bob from Twin Peaks

This one is cool
youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Laj8Yp6w

Dawn of the dead one was 10/10, played it once when my mom got home and she was pretty spooked. She really thought the live hospital scene was actually going on.. good times..

>house on haunted hill
Still in my top 3 horror movies.

never could handle being in a bath for long for about 5 years.

Only memorable for her tits. Unlike Jack Frost, which is pure and unironic kino.

Do you remember the one with the one gunshop dude? showing how he survived and what happened before/during the movie?

wtf people always mention that one but it's never ever linked

youtube.com/watch?v=5FmS5WjuK6s

Was that the one where in the beginning of the movie, they're on a boat and some kind of wire snaps and cuts everybody on deck in half?

I wanna fuck that ghost.

That was Ghost Ship

That was GHOST SHIP

What terrible CGI

Scared me shitless as a kid, ridiculous film now.

the jackal was cool though.

Always good to see Matthew Lilliard getting work

If you had to face and survive against any one of the Thirteen Ghosts not including the Withered Lover or Broken Heart, which would it be and why?

My choice, Bound Woman, she's tied up and has no weapon to hurt me except I guess swinging her body to hit me or kicking me

The Torso

I mean really now

Both of them have great unique premises that you can tell have a ton of ambition to them, even if they don't always live up to that promise.

I really miss that kinda horror, it's so fun compared to fucking shitty paranormal activity ripoffs that are everywhere nowadays

The First Born Son. Just an angry little kid with a toy axe.

Ghosts are invisible without those magic glasses, he'd just follow you around slowly dragging his axe, then when you sleep he'll catch up to you and chop you to bits in your sleep

I just want suspenseful Creeperkino like It Follows, that Mothman movie, and Marble Hornets

>Thir13en
The early 2000's were the fucking worst

The freakishly tall one scared the shit out of me as a kid, the inmate. Especially in that scene where he's coming towards the guy in that narrow hallway

Well to survive it'd have to be the torso because what the fuck is a nigga who uses his arms to move going to do to you? Alternatively ghost tits because shes a woman and automatically shes inferior so problems there.

And the ghost is wrapped in plastic.
It all makes sense.

What spoopy films did you watch as a child? It was this, House on Haunted Hill, and The Haunting.

Ringu murican version.

Ok premise. Extremely boring

All of them of course. That's the 1 benefit of being "raised" by a single father.

Ghost Bush!

There are so many that I can't bother mentioning all of them, but I have seen the ones you mentioned
Nightmare on Elm Street 1 & 2
Several Friday the 13th flicks
I know what you did last summer
Warlock 1 & 2
The Exorcist
The Thing
The Shining etc. etc.

Did anyone else watch those horror movie marathons on sci-fi channel every weekend? That's where I saw all the spooky movies from my childhood

I saw it in theaters when I was pretty young and I was scared as fuck. Spent most of the movie with my eyes closed.

Damn, that's pretty much all I watched as a kid
Definitely this one

same 2bh
those campy scifi original monster movies were the best

>design and write 13 individual ghosts from diverse origins in both time, origin-story and geography, give them all cool designs and tragic but fascinating backstories
>dedicate NONE of the movie to exploring this
>don't even mention it outside of the DVD extras

It

Child's Play
Scream
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Some of the Friday the 13th movies

This movies gave me nightmare fuel when I was young kid during the 90's.

>tfw that ending to nightmare on elm street where the women gets pulled through the window

Stuck in my mind forever.

For me it was when Chucky died in Child's Play.
>Hey, I'm Chucky. Wanna plaaaaaaaaaay?

This part was such a tease. I was hoping to see some tits besides the awful bolt ons the one ghost had

So, did the lawyer split?

Truly a shame. It has some of the most interesting lore I've ever seen in a horror movie.

its good. freaked me the fuck out when i was a little shit.

the ring did too.
i saw the description of the movie(people who watch this die after 7 days or some shit) and thought that it was real and my ma would die because of the movie.

god damn i was a retard back then. still am actually.

it was not as good as the original.

imdb.com/title/tt0053559/?ref_=nv_sr_2

i'll also add that my friend tricked me into thinking that Freddy was real and could actually kill me in my dreams.
He said that Freddy would select his victims at random from all over the globe that that there was a chance, albeit a small one but a chance nonetheless that he would pick ME!
worst sleep ever that month.

How did I not know this existed?

looks like the average american

I still find the Ring pretty damn unsettling

you could go with this to making a movie about catching those ghosts. that opening was goat.

It could be a rated R ghostbusters, but alas....

Definitely underrated. I remember being surprised as a kid at how genuinely pissed off all the ghosts seemed to be.

Saw this as a kid. Loved that scene.