What's the best/proper way to make tea?

What's the best/proper way to make tea?

I'm trying to live a more healthy lifestyle. Only 24 and I've been smoking close to a pack of joes a day, I drink too much caffeine, etc. But I'm about a week in without a joe, and have been drinking mainly water and tea. I've just been buying green/peppermint tea from the store, I boil a pot of water and dip that shit in there for a few minutes, but I don't feel like it taste like it's suppose to. If anyone knows any tea brewing machines or some shit that's not too expensive on amazon, let me know.

Other urls found in this thread:

englishteastore.com/1tp-2702b.html
englishteastore.com/amsterdam-ceramic-teapot-warmer-blue.html
englishteastore.com/keteast.html
englishteastore.com/must-for-any-green-tea-lover-sampler.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_tea_ceremony
thespruce.com/moroccan-mint-tea-atay-bi-nana-2394947
youtu.be/F9zT5VZKHI0
englishteastore.com/ovente-electric-plastic-kettle-white.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>black tea
>whole milk
>sugar to taste

Why cant americans into cuppas?

>fpbp

I hate putting sugar in tea. Dirty brit.

green/peppermint tea is absolute shit tier. yeah they're good for you but they objectively taste bad.

white tea, green tea, black tea

Any decent good flavor teas I could probly pick up from the store?

Use loose tea instead of a tea bag. And filter the water before you put it in the kettle.

>What's the best/proper way to make tea?

With 4 scoops of coffee, a coffee filter, 12 cups of water, and a coffee maker.

>Pour into cup
>Add hazelnut creamer to taste
>Drink amazingness like a fucking boss.
>Light cigarette and relax sipping coffee, and smoking like a top tier motherfucker
>Fuck Bitches

i'm a britbong so this might / probably won't be available but i drink this

Trips speaking truth

>AM
green or black with one sugar

>PM
valerian root, chamomile, honey, milk

remember not to steep for too long, but also, make sure you give it enough time. depends on the tea. is best to prepare one cup at a time.

Anyone know what the thing in the picture is called? Looks like something you'd put loose tea leaves in, then in a cup of water ay?

HOW TO GOOD FUCKING TEA:

UTENSILS:
BREWING VESSEL (TEAPOT OR GAIWAN OR FRENCH PRESS)
THERMOMETER
TIMEPIECE

HOW TO FUCKING BREW:
PRE-HEAT YOUR BREWING VESSEL BY SWISHING HOT WATER IN IT
(EMPTY THAT HOT WATER AFTER DINGUS)
ADD YOUR FUCKING TEA (1 TEASPOON PER CUP, PLUS ONE EXTRA FOR THE POT)
ADD YOUR FUCKING HOT WATER
LET IT STEEP THE APPROPRIATE AMOUNT OF TIME
POUR IT INTO A CUP AND DRINK THAT FUCKING SHIT

>but what was the thermometer for
GUESS WHAT FUCKNUTS-- TEA HATES BOILING WATER, TOO HOT AND SCALDS YOUR FUCKING TEA
YOU NEED PROPER WATER TEMPERATURE FOR A GIVEN TEA TYPE
GREEN TEA PREFERS ~65-75 DEGREES
BLACK TEA PREFERS ~70-90 DEGREES
THAT'S FUCKING CELSIUS YOU CUNT, FUCK IMPERIAL

>alright but the timepiece?
YOU GOTTA FUCKING TIME YOUR BREW SHITDICK
ONE TO THREE MINUTES FOR GREEN
THREE TO FIVE MINUTES FOR BLACK

>milk and sugar?
NO

>what about herbal
FUCK YOU

Earl gray

it's called an "autumn pleentuppy" and can only be purchased in brittain

Can you GET anymore pretentious? Jesus you're a smug fucking cunt.

>b-bu-buh muh workmans cuppa
EAT SHIT CRAB IN A BUCKET FUCKSTICK

Because you're used to shit being more flavorful and sugary. Just keep drinking it and your taste buds will adjust

Imperial guy here go fuck yourself with a 22 yard 4 cwt dildo

sugar in tea? thats fucking disgusting.

It's because he's drinking stale peppermint from his grocery store

>Microwave some water

>Dunk the tea bag in a few times. Brand doesn't matter, you just need the powder inside to mix

>Add 2-3 packs of sweet n low. Sugar will rot your teeth user.

>couple tbsp nondairy creamer. Powdered is best

>Microwave again.

>drink. Add more nondairy creamer if its not thick enough. I like mine on the runny side but others like it thicker.

>grab a box of yorkshire tea
>tea bag in
>stir
>tea bag out
>semi skimmed milk in
>stir
>sugar in
>stir

I don't drink tea. It's like drinking brown piss. Do us all a favor and make your next "cuppa" with bleach instead of water.

We english only use a kettle and hot water....and we still prefer leave slices over tea bags.

who tf microwaves water?

YOUR TASTE IS SHIT AND YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT ONLY SHIT BUT ALSO IRRELEVANT
GO BE A CUNTFART SOMEWHERE ELSE

>this is whats defending tea drinking

i dont think ill have tea now, considering this faggot does.

Sounds like somebody missed their British enema this morning.

Drink coffee instead. It's the choice of all top tier motherfuckers.

Man I thought everyone who drank tea was chill.

Curious is there a big difference between the way Brits brew their tea and the Japanese/Asians?

LIKE I GIVE A FUCK
IF YOU CAN'T ENJOY A THING KNOWING THAT SOMEONE ELSE ALSO ENJOYS THAT THING THEN YOU'RE A GORMLESS CONTRARIAN WHO WILL DIE ALONE

BRITS BUY SHITTY BAGS FULL OF DUST AT THE GROCERY STORE AND GET VISIBLY UPSET WHEN YOU REMIND THEM THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG
ASIANS DRINK ACTUAL UNADULTERATED TEA

You can just give a huge ignore for that troll...

Do grocery stores usually sell just tea leaves, no bags of tea? If not where do you guys get it?

Like most things the right answer to this depends on what you want and how much of an autist you want to be about it. There are thousands of tea varieties and several steeping methods so if you decide this is something you want to get into be prepared to learn things.

Some general rules. Strength is a taste/caffeine content thing. Generally from low to high it is white-green-red-black with herbal being it's own thing cause it doesn't typically contain tea as in the plant. The longer you steep a tea the stronger it will get but many teas can be oversteeped which makes them bitter

Is anyone here a tea master and could tell me the difference between the flavors and the benefits of white teas, black teas, blue teas, green teas, etc?

DEPENDS ON YOUR GROCERY STORE CHUCKLEFUCK
BUT INSTITUTIONS LIKE TWININGS ARE BIG ENOUGH THAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THEM JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE

IF YOU WANT TO STEP UP FROM ENGINEERED BLENDS AND GET INDIVIDUAL ESTATE TEAS THEN YOU'LL NEED TO FIND A DEDICATED TEA IMPORTER

THE TASTE DIFFERENCES ARE FUCKING OBVIOUS EVEN TO A FUCKWIT
THE BENEFITS ARE NEGLIGIBLE, AT BEST MAYBE GREEN TEA HAS SOME ANTIOXIDANTS

Let it steep

Typically steeping times increase in the same order as strength with whites being shortest and blacks longest. Some notable exceptions do exist like Puerh which is a black tea but usually steeps for only 45s. Range will depend on the tea itself some can be as short as 25s. Up to what most people would consider normal 3ish minutes. The temp you brew at also matters. The darker the tea the hotter you want the water. Boiling for blacks a simmer for greens.

>Puerh which is a black tea

PUERH ISN'T A BLACK TEA IN THE USUAL SENSE
IT IS ITS OWN CATEGORY OF TEA, BECAUSE IT IS PROCESSED DIFFERENTLY I.E. FERMENTING

It is a boiled black tea which they press set into cakes and then ferment cold. You break it apart with a knife that looks like an oyster tea. It's not a typical tea but it's totally a black.

I'll try not to be a fucknut like the other guy. Tea all comes from the camelia plant but they are processed differently. White/green tea is lightly steamed/fried/dried so it requires less brewing time and lower temps to brew otherwise it gets bitter. Black/red tea is heavily processed which is why it has the darker color and requires more time to brew to extract the flavor. Oolong is right in the middle between dark and light teas. Some are even fermented like Puerh to give a very rich flavor. Others are smoked over a fire or have fragrant oils added to flavor them.

you faggots gotta be joking. sugar and tea is what makes this country the greatest country in the world.

IT IS NOT NECESSARILY A BLACK TEA AND IT'S NOT NECESSARILY PRESSED INTO BRICKS
GREEN TEA CAN ALSO BE FERMENTED INTO A PUERH

Here's a shopping list for ya.

1. Get TWO (2) teapots. Pick your color. englishteastore.com/1tp-2702b.html
2. Get a teapot warmer. englishteastore.com/amsterdam-ceramic-teapot-warmer-blue.html
3. Tea strainer. englishteastore.com/keteast.html
4. Tea kettle. englishteastore.com/keteast.html
5. Get a sampler set (8 oz. total) of a bunch of quality loose leaf teas. englishteastore.com/must-for-any-green-tea-lover-sampler.html
6. Get some tea lights somewhere, like the dollar store.

When you steep the tea in one teapot, you can then pour it through the strainer into the other teapot, and keep it nice and hot with the teapot warmer. This way, you can enjoy your tea over a long period of time while you do something else. For the green and especially the oolong teas, you can re-steep the leaves 2-4 more times and keep refilling your other pot.

The total comes to $61.04, plus shipping. It'll be some of the best money you've ever spent.

Also, if you want a matching sugar and creamer set, you can get this: , and also a matching teacup and saucer: .

Also the material of the vessel that you're brewing the tea in can effect the outcome. Heavy clay/ceramic vessels are better for darker teas as they capture/retain more heat and therefore brew more flavorful teas. Glass on the other hand is better for lighter teas because it loses heat faster and therefore doesn't damage the delicate flavor of lighter teas

Or just buy some teabags.

To add to this bro taste is something that is going to vary hugely amongst individual strains based on growing conditions harvest time and other factors. Some greens can be almost fishy while others are more earthy. Think of it like wine. Or beer or whatever. A lager is a style more than it is a taste.
The robust bitter flavor in dark teas are tannins. Too many tannins especially on an empty stomach will make you hurl which makes over steeping a problem.

Depends on how you like your tea to taste. To extract the most caffeine, you would act lemon juice to lower the pH and then make sure the water is as hot as possible, brew for a short time and then take out the tea leaves/tea bag. Caffeine is one of the chemicals that makes tea taste bitter btw, so you can judge it's strength on the taste.
Some people prefer their tea weaker and with milk and sugar in it.

The Japanese have a long history of ceremony in their culture: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_tea_ceremony

...this is good too.
thespruce.com/moroccan-mint-tea-atay-bi-nana-2394947

..but nothing wrong with a good builder cuppa.

A wise man once told me, why put 2 sugars into a tea when you can put 3 in. Not like its crack.

Thank you! kinda what I was waiting for someone to post, but could you relink the tea kettle? You pasted the tea strainer twice.

Of course. The first harvest in spring of new growth top leaves are considered the highest quality. Later harvests at lower levels of the plant produce lower quality teas.

>sixty fucking dollars to 'get started'

This is retarded.

see

Fair enough. You are a better tea autist than me.
I like this a bunch I hadn't heard it before but it makes sense. I have a bunch of pots and always preferred greens out of the glass ones.

Related: youtu.be/F9zT5VZKHI0

Who the hell calls cigs "joes?" You some kind of queer or something?

We call them Fags back home.

Uhhh pretty much everyone in the south. And idk about you, but the word "cigs" sounds a lot more like a faggot word than "joe". And it's called joe cause of the working joe who would smoke them.

I know people that spend that much at Starbucks in a week. Tea can be a good investment if you shop for good bargains and buy in bulk. I pay around 5 cents per cup.

My bad: englishteastore.com/ovente-electric-plastic-kettle-white.html

Teabags are great for black tea, and especially cuppas, but for good oolong and green teas, you really need to get loose tea.

Idk man. If someone who didn't know anything about coffee wanted to get into making coffee you wouldn't tell him to buy the Insta Folgers stuff. You'd have him buy a coffee pot or a French press if you're an extra fag. You just don't know anything about tea you pleb.

I thought they were called joes because the camel on the front was called joe?

People buy those Keurig brewers for like $150. My list includes both equipment that will last a lifetime, as well as enough tea (8 oz.) to last probably a year.

The best tea is Darjeeling. Get first flush if you can get it. Steep for a short time and add no milk or sugar. Drink it from a china cup.

It is the most delicate, wonderful thing.

You don't need sixty fucking dollars to brew tea.
A teapot is $3, you don't even need two of the bastards

This is the least offensive and most relevant thing that anyone has ever responded to me with. Cheers

underrated post

All you need is a kettle and cup and some earl grey. You're making things too complicated. A tea pot isn't gonna change the taste.

The point isn't to brew tea it's to brew good tea. You clearly didn't understand the point of the post. You can brew coffee for $3 but if you want not shit coffee you buy a machine or a French press and good coffee.

Tea and coffee aren't the same. Good coffee needs steam to pass through the ground coffee beans.

The fucking pot doesn't affect the quality of the end result because all you're doing is steeping a leaf for the required time at the required temperature.
The water you're steeping in will affect it far more, why don't you tell him to get a subscription to home delivery of distilled deionized h2o while you're at it?

It's not like coffee where you need lab grade cold vacuum extraction for best possible results.

Use clean water (not tap water)
let it cool to the right temp after boiling (ull know , if not youll learn)
sing to the tea and or water
meditate and apreciate what you have

then drink

> No there is no magic machine
> its about tempature

Bagged tea usually contains lower-quality tea, and there's also the argument that bagged tea has a higher surface-to-volume ratio in terms of air contact during storage. Of course, you can get high quality tea and put it in your own t-sacs or whatever, but then you to keep buying those things. To each his own.
However, I like to use teapots because because then I have a ready-made hot pot of tea next to me for extended periods of time so that, while reading, vidya, etc., I can have a hot cup of tea at any time without having to get up much. I prefer smaller cups because they cool to drinkable temperature quickly. With huge mugs, your window of good temperature is limited.

if you fags saw the way i made tea you'd pee out of your vaginas