Why don't we like Death Grips anymore?

Why don't we like Death Grips anymore?

because they're garbage maybe?

Because it's been more than a few weeks since they've released an album. Once they announce another project it'll pick up again.

oh fuck off. You only don't like them because it's not "cool" to like them anymore.

Because they haven't released a single mumble trap "banger"

because they're popular

anything popular immediately makes it not cool

but this board loves mainstream trash

there's a certain point where it becomes so mainstream that Sup Forums decides it doesn't like it anymore

>Sup Forums is one person
I like Death Grips you faggot

Meme music for underages.

They've released the whole album of it last year.

But Sup Forums loves Kanye, Kendrick, Radiohead, Drake, Taylor Swift, Grimes and they're all far more mainstream than Death Grips
Thanks for letting everyone know you didn't listen to the album

not a legitimate criticism
also Sup Forums's mostly underage, why do you think there are so many

death grips is almost as mainstream as grimes

>giving bad people good ideas is mumble rap

What will their next album sound like Sup Forums?

Because these these songs are just a series of cyberpunk bangers ready to turn the dance floor into a fucking warzone.
A series of cyberpunk bangers ready to turn the dance floor into a fucking warzone.

mu is a bunch and bandwagon hopping sheep

I still like Death Grips. TMS is a 10/10 top 5 ever for me

Edgy meme-like bullshit with some beats that sounds like they were made in the fucking GarageBand. Is that a legitimate criticism now?

>Thanks for letting everyone know you didn't listen to the album
If you're impying that songs like Trash, Houdini, Bubbles Buried in This Jungle, Warping, etc arent just quirky trap then you might be retarded.

because their concerts are a joke

>t. someone who's never left his house

>people who haven't seen them will think this is bullshit
Granted, it is fun. You'll have a fun time, just don't be surprised if hearing them play live combined with the turnout of Death Grips fans diminishes your appreciation of their music.
>t. p4k babby
Death Grips is not a good live band. I don't know where this meme came from.

Personally, I quite enjoy Death Grips

Were almost halfway into 2017 and we haven't heard anything from them yet.

Are they done?

nice strawman
good to know you're the fucking thread authority while we're at it

New album from Zach and Flatlander's little side project the I.L.Y's was announced

>nice strawman
>you're the fucking thread authority
Goddamn right I am, pissbitch. Fuck you and fuck your shitty meme band.

>projecting this hard

It leaked

Not Death Grips.

Also
>Flatlander

Because they're awful.

Bottomless Pit was fucking dogshit. They jumped the shark with their own formula. Fuck Death Shits.

>Andy

That better?

no easier way to indicate you've been called out than with a "n-nice projection!"
you should try going outside sometime, it might be good for you
see

>I DONT BELIEVE YOU DISLIKE MUH DEATH GRIPS YOU'RE LYING
imagine being this autistic

Their concerts suck dude, get over it neckbeard

See >WANTED TO PUT OUT ANOTHER ALBUM BUT OUR LABEL SAID NO SO I SAID F*CK. YOU. AND LEAKED IT IN THE ~~ DEEP WEB ~~ LOLOLOLOL
>AND THE COVER WAS MY DICK! !!!
Death Grips is honestly the worst band.
Flavor of the week of like 300 weeks ago.

They seriously can't stop making music fast enough.

>HAHA WOW GUYS I STUCK OUT MY NECK FOR YOU AS LABEL BOSS TO GIVE YOU A MILLION DOLLAR RECORD DEAL AND YOU FUCKING STABBED ME IN THE BACK BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT FOR A DICK JOKE HAHAHA

These guys are assholes.

This. Sup Forums is a lot more about "image" than "musical merit" than I originally thought.

damn buddy you really haven't done your research.

Because they got popular

I eventually kept listening more and more, and now they're unironically my favorite band.

>Sup Forums is a lot more about "image" than "musical merit"
this is basically the reason why Death Grips is so popular

See Deaths Grips has never created anything of particular merit, save for a marketable aesthetic.

We don't. I don't think even the people who brand them as garbage would go as far as to say the consensus of them here has been warped to be less than favorable.

Essentially your perception is being warped by shitposters.

Personally disliked death grips, kanye, nmh, and other Sup Forumscore since its conception.

Except they canceled an entire tour because they wanted to release an album when they told the fans they would but the label pushed it back anyway. They were being pushed around and weren't going to stand for it.

my interest in DG peaked when jenny death came out

because i thought they were for real done, but then when they made another album i didn't even bother

I fuckin love death grips

Holy shit you are completely unlikable. its amazing

>it's been half a decade since TMS came out

>A series of cyberpunk bangers
i don't know what this is supposed to mean but i want it

>they're an edgy meme because they're loud and mean! xD am i right guys???

What the hell is the difference?

That's not being pushed around, it's being loyal to your employer who's given you a million dollars for access to their recording studio and top of the line marketing professionals.

If you wanna be calling the shots, you can't sign to a major label. I understand that Death Grips are just edgy mallgoths wanting to make a statement, but they shouldn't have committed to two albums in 2012 if it wasn't feasible within the contract.

10/10 good work

I still like some of their older stuff, newer stuff ain't bad either

idk I just grew up and started listening to more music in general, I felt edgy listening to them when I was a teen.

also honestly once I stopped going on this board as much cause of shitty threads like this I started to expand the scope of what I listened to

I like Sup Forums but threads like this are just lame

why did you ever?

i mean exmilitary and the money store are good right?

Just want you to know that I respect your brand though I personally enjoy Death Grips.

I'm seeing them live in 4 weeks

Just because they've gotten some decent exposure, doesn't mean they're even fucking close to being "popular" or "mainstream".

Their music is still too abrasive for most people to digest.

You fuckers have introduced me to so much good music and now you're turning into Sup Forums-music edition when you used to make fun of those autism lords.

it's always fun to read some spergs' opinions on how unpopular their favorite bands are and what maisntream is in the modern age

>Their music is still too abrasive for most people to digest.
lack of promotion =/= too abrasive, remember that they dropped off their label
their sound in general is something between skrillex and slipknot (both sure were well promoted), look up their billboard stats and the numbers of views on youtube

Death Grips have the worst fucking fanbase of any Sup Forumscore band. This is only challenged by Grimes but her fandom mainly consists of depressed weebs who want a waifu, as opposed to DG whose fans are depressed weebs who who loves memes think that listening to vaguely noisy hip hop gives them any sort of unique taste or authority when talking about music. I kind of feel bad for them, Death Grips. Imagine oweing most of your success to someone as stupid and tasteless as Anthony Fantano. Having to feign appreciation and gratitude towards someone whose spent the past 10 years growing a fanbase of stunted meme-spouting manchildren who think his opinions are of any value. Like imagine having 80% of your fanbase be spillover from a youtube music reviewer who makes le epic ironic meme videos. It is because of this I have sympathy for them, even pity. Hopefully they do something so outlandish that it shakes off all of the pseuds and posers who have glommed onto them because of memes and a lack of identity. Or will they be left in the dust bin once the next big meme group comes along? I might not be a fan of them, but I will definitely be watching from the sidelines, waiting for the day that they may be free of the hell they've created for themselves.

Exmilitary was their only good release.

The majority of their "fans" became memeing suburban teenagers who enjoy pleb rappers and probable like Death Grips ironically or something.

I really enjoy Death Grips and think they make truly original modern music, but I'd be ashamed to be called a fanboy.

Also this. They became more popular than their own good thanks to internet retards making them meme status.

>their sound in general is something between skrillex and slipknot (both sure were well promoted), look up their billboard stats and the numbers of views on youtube
Just stop posting already you pathetic mongoloid.

What are you talking about about I love obscure experimental hip hop Death Grips, clipping, Odd Future, the list goes on...

cuz the ILY's are better

have you ever listened to trap, son?

Same

They are the best band of the decade

I think this too. I don't post on Sup Forums though so I don't know if I should feel ashamed or not. The Money Store has got to be the most disappointed I've ever been made to feel by music. It felt so flat and dull after Exmilitary. All of the energy and edge just seemed to be gone.

death grips was always hipster garbage

>Death Grips have never created anthing of particular merit
what is Niggas on the Moon

really probes the frontal lobe

too popular for Sup Forums

not popular enough for anyone else.

such is life

warthony
zonetano

you have figured out Sup Forums

>being this mad
> about NOT liking something

whew

didn't notice Stefan is bald as fuck, look that hairline

I feel bad for The Grips of Wrath
Everything they do turns into a meme

Youre just a little bitch. Musicians dont owe the industry shit, its a system set in place to leech off of talent and leave artists for dead once a new fad catches on. Death grips wouldnt have signed to a label if you didnt have to do so in order to be noticed by media and taken seriously.

accurate

We never liked them in the first place
It was all a meme but some people took it seriously and now they are embarrased
Long term trolling at it's finest

>we
fuck off

Seeing as they released a YUH! shirt and did that jenny death when thing with Fashion Week it seems like DG acknowledge and maybe enjoy their meme status.

>YOU'RE LYING
>I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T LIKE DEATH SHITS

because of all the facebook and tumblr fans

If they gave them a million dollars that's fucking ludicrous for what they've gone on to release. Hard to say they're being leeched on by someone who gave them a million dollar contract.

mine too!

but lets not be friends...ok fsggot?

I never liked it. Maybe the rest of Sup Forums just realized how my taste is superior to theirs and is now trying to catch up.

Because their singer looks like a real shit ball

>They turned into a normie meme.
>Everything after Buddys on the Moon has been pretty boring.
I still like them though.

BUDDDDDDDIIEEEEEEEEEEE!

Holy shit this thread is retarded.

To sum up all of the retardation in the thread:
>death grips is mainstream
>death grips is le meme for underage childs
>death grips is trap music
>death grips is a shitty mix of limp bizkit and skrillex
>death grips are shit because they objected against the jews trying to make them mainstream
can't make this shit up unless you have a brain tumor

>on Sup Forums
>expects worthwhile discussion

you've already messed up tw2ce

>expecting something
>on Sup Forums
that's where you messed up, mate

Because Sup Forums is a bunch of hipsters pretentious fuck who dont actually enjoy music but just brages about being "muh deep underground"
just like /fa/

Also, it is shit