/australia/ general

I know you're all up.

Other urls found in this thread:

mouseatouille.bandcamp.com/album/fill-the-bathtubs-turn-off-the-lights-and-brace-for-the-new-millennium
soundcloud.com/owlinmytree
wilfred.bandcamp.com/album/i-want-to-die-the-outside-world-scares-me
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Honestly I'm kinda disappointed by a lot of the new Aussie releases this year. The Drones, The Avalanches, King Giz, and Camp Cope all released sick albums last year but there hasn't really been anything quite as good in 2k17.

Have I missed anything? Does anybody have any Aussie recs? I always like to have a few on my AOTY list at the end of every year.

anybody listened to this?

Nah, any good? Not always a fan of Aussie hip hop but I like surprises.

I like it a lot

Sweet, I'll give it a listen then. Did you like Koi Child?

i wanna break into the underground aus scene but idk how. been gigging and playing with different bands for a few years. one of my band's song's was played on unearthed the other day apparently. that's as far as i've gotten ahaha.

where you at and what stuff do you play senpai?

What city are you in? Got a bandcamp link for your band or something?

meant for this user

Be different (this is maybe the most important thing, especially if you're a band), support local scenes, be extra nice to everybody be you meet along the way.

from the top of my head this is the only australian band i listen to

where do i go from here?

Yeah it's p good. I liked Brothers Hand Mirror a bit more. Ever catch them live? It's a treat

strict face is garbo

The OP chart.

i'm a melb boy. i write for 2 bands atm and sing for one. play drums in another band though. thinking of starting somewhat of a collective of a few of my friend's bands (we like similar stuff and usually record / jam together anyway)

this is the band i sing in - it's a 9 piece folk/ noisey rock lofi band idek. we released an album yesterday
mouseatouille.bandcamp.com/album/fill-the-bathtubs-turn-off-the-lights-and-brace-for-the-new-millennium

i play guitar / drums / bass / whatever else for this band - more reverby lofi. softer.
soundcloud.com/owlinmytree

this is my friend's project that i am really in love with - lofi, sound collage aspects, really interesting production.
wilfred.bandcamp.com/album/i-want-to-die-the-outside-world-scares-me

mainly i really want to get the mouseatouille album out there or at the very least, get feedback on it. it's our first ever album. pic is of a mouse gig.

Also listen to:
Jen Cloher
Jordan Rakei
Adam Page
The Cactus Channel
The Manikins
Camp Cope
The Bennies

Even if I saw this pic with no context, I'd know that it was taken in Melbourne because of how everybody is dressed.

ahaha mous here. agree but i have that 'if u can't beat em, join em' mentality ; )

Yeah t-shirts and jeans. Outrageous! Maybe they should stop wearing colours and finally move up to normie Brisbane.

I kid, I kid. I'm from Adelaide, it's our job to keep you humble. Liking the music though, the lo-fi sound is a good fit.

Why is that, friend?

ahaha adelaide is a lovely place : ) what's the music scene like over there? glad you like the music.

The music scene is... fine? A lot of punk floating around the place, not all of it great desu. But if you want a bit of a taster of what it's like over here google 'Day of Clarity Adelaide' and check out the bands on their line-up. Pretty good sample of the bands hanging around here.

ahaha true. i'll look into them : ) cheers

intro and lizard in a suit are decent if you ask me

thanks! glad you like it : )