Why are metalheads so terrified of being perceived as "edgy"?

Why are metalheads so terrified of being perceived as "edgy"?

Because metal heads are trying to preserve their image. People already think all metal heads are emo. Were trying to not make it worse.

>guys we need to preserve our image as metalheads
>how?
>I know, we'll trim our hair, start wearing normal clothes, stop discussing metal, avoid violence, dismiss horror imagery as "childish", stop getting shitfaced, stop moshing at concerts, stop being intolerant and rude, and force ourselves to listen to soft music

yeah that makes sense. When I see an average guy who behaves in a professional, inoffensive and responsible manner, I can't help but think "this guy's a trve metal maniac".

Because we feel like we understand the world when we are at our angsty peak, break into conversations about why someone's order at KFC was messed up because of the Zionist and Christians and correcting everyone about the differences between Leveyan and Theistic Satanism and shit. We aren't any better than Bernie protesters when we're at that phase and I cringe when I think about how I was when I got into black metal back in high school

I would be too if I was a metalhead.

for the same reason people are often afraid to disagree with liberals for fear of being called racist or sexist

I'm not. I'm available at anytime of the day for a fistfight or any type of sword or crossbow duel. I just purchased an automatic pistol crossbow. It's a mix between a gun and a crossbow, it's like a pistol but it fires arrows. I killed a goat with a shot in the stomach at point-blank range by alluring it with grass; the beast died three hours later. I will do the same with you. I know that you like grass, like all sheep do.

>edgy
I can't help but laugh at imageboard residents disparagingly calling something they rubs their sensibilities the wrong way "edgy."

Reap what you sow, bitch.

it's really because we're paranoid that deep down we only like metal ironically

I just don't want to be "that guy who dresses tough but clearly isn't tough"
I don't mind dressing kinda edgy

It's funny because we are in Sup Forums of all places. I guess the pasty, scrawny indie kids from reddit already took over.

u sure are le oppressed user! xD

Because no one likes to be ostracized for their cultural preferences and assholes are everpresent.

>we
you and who?

Need for validation.
Lack of personality.
Unwillingness to be stereotyped.

>oppressed
non leftists don't really use that term, so that doesn't work

now THIS is projecting

fair, I should've used "punk as fuck"

but I thought punk wasn't conservative

>failing at building a strawman this hard

I'd post the screencap if I had it, but a few months back some guy unironically said he was part of the alt-right and that it felt "punk as fuck" in some thread asking what the new punk is. pretty embarrassing honestly.
I'm laying in bed half asleep right now, don't expect effort in my shitposting m8

Naw this conspiracy nut manlet told me conservatism is the new punk, so it must be true

wasn't what I was getting at retard but thanks for sharing

Well I mean I'm a metalhead more than most genres, I know how I was when I was a highschool metal elitist and my friends into metal do to

No need to get so hostile frendo, I'm just trying to help you out. Also I think a plane just flew by so I'm going to have to shut all my windows due to the chemtrails.

Heavy metal is kinda gay and homoerotic music that inspires the hidden queer in metal heads

lmao what kind of bitch ass metal u been hearing user

The queer isn't hidden friend, /metal/ is officially a gay-only general

Exhibit A

Metal heads are edgy tho
Varg 'Count Grishnackh' Vikernes was the ultimate edge lord

Why does being a metalhead mean you have to look like an emo fag, then? You can still fucking like your music and look like a respectable person.