Does anyone here have experience about people who have committed suicide?

Does anyone here have experience about people who have committed suicide?

People laugh at those who talk about doing it, and when someone actually they either don't talk about them or say what is socially expected from them. Is it really that bad for them, or do they just say platitudes like "I'll never get over it" and "I never knew it was so bad" just because not saying them would make them look unsympathetic?

Also, has anyone heard of anyone here having killed themselves? Obviously the dead aren't going to post about it, so has anyone done it on stream for people to see? And how did they react?

Lucky fuckers

Indeed. But that's not the point of the thread. Has anyone seen a suicide, or had someone they know commit suicide?

Suicide is considered taboo, which could be why people don't take them seriously. When I was still in the Navy, I watched a kid that I didn't even know, jump from the flight deck. He was collecting deck chains for an hour or so before it happened. You're in a bit of a shock when it happens, because no matter how much we think it, it really is the last thing you'd expect.
I've also sat next to someone all night because he said something suicidal, basicly I was holding his hand EVERYWHERE he when until he had help.
I also have a friend that shot herself in the chest, trying to hit her heart. She instead punctured the sack around the heart and the bullet is lodged in her spine. She wasn't expected to make it past 30, she was a teen when it happened. She's almost 50, two kids and now fighting breast cancer. When asked about it "it fucking hurt like a son of a bitch! So,I never tried again."
Hopefully I've answered some of your questions.

Thanks for the reply. Would losing someone to suicide have been any worse than losing them any other way? And while losing a friend would be tragic in general, did you feel anything special about the unknown kid jumping from the flight deck?

Shes not dead 13 reasons why

I've seen it. When I was 5.

You just get over it.

Two suicide attempts later and here I am. I have had a rope around my neck, pilled in a bottle ready to go, and a razor pressed against my wrist, what I tried to do to myself at the time seemed fair in my opinion, if you can't help me when I need it then why would I care about you in the long run? Its like if you starved your dog and expected him to help fetch ducks out of a pond for you. Its not going to happen because the dog doesn't care nor respect you. I've had a friend who slit her wrist open so badly that I couldn't stop the bleeding. I tried and she ended up passing away in my arms. To this day I think about her and what she did. I never could help her so, I don't deserve to be happy with her in my life.
TL;DR suicide is a way to escape, no different then cutting, drinking, smoking or drugs

>pic related
There's one more contender

Well, I would I got nothing, already told my story. Now if you were to ask questions I could expand upon your question with answers.

When I was 18, my brother woke me up to tell me that our father, our only parent, had killed himself. He took his head off with a shotgun in the garage, and we were the first ones to find him. He was the type of person who was strong enough that you would never expect this of them, which made it even worse for the two of us. I had joined the army 2 months earlier, and left for basic training 2 months after that. a year later I was doing route clearance in Afghanistan, finding IEDs. When I started experiencing horrifying nightmares, they kicked me out and retired me at 70% disabled. Now I'm 24 and still trying to pick up the pieces of my dad's old life. His suicide evokes feelings of sadness, of confusion, and of anger. I'm still not sure how to feel about it, and I don't know if I'll ever get over it or forget what I saw.

My bf's grandfather Shot himself his grandmother took a Lot of painkillers the drank a Ton of alc lol

Which one was yours?

good friend of mine hanged himself and was found by his girlfriend. he was getting drunk with two friends and one climbed on a tree and falled. he had no visible wounds and told everyone he was okay so they put him in his car and left him there. he died of internal bleeding. next day my friend found out and hanged himself without a note.

My brother commited suicide a couple years ago. We weren't that close but it hurt quite a lot. He never spoke about it or anything, we would've never expected him to do that. He had a 9 year old daughter, and a wife. What happened was, he got into an arguement with his wife, and then took a shit ton of sleeping pills, never woke up ):

I was sixteen, cutting the grass in the back yard at home. I saw my neighbor walking out towards a small storage shed in the back of his property, and thought nothing of it I thought I should speak, but he was staring at the ground as he walked and I didn't feel like stopping.

A few hours later, I found out he had hanged himself. I had to keep his son from trying to pull the body down.

I carried some guilt for not speaking to him that day, that if I had stopped and spoken with him it may have caused him to reconsider. But that is unlikely. If it had not been that day it would have likely been another. And I was a child, and I could not have know the outcome. He had been diagnosed with some mild cancer, completely treatable, but in his mind it was the end.

I have personally struggled with suicidal ideation, but I'm to scared to actually go through with it for fear of pain and stigma for myself and my family.

I'm so sorry for you user, both for the death of your father and your own struggles. I hope you are seeking help. I have been in talk therapy for 3 years and have been on meds for a year. I still struggle, but it's slowly getting better.

My mother was mentally ill and commited suicide when I was 12 via driving into a semi truck. Nobody knew until the note was hastily found and read at the funeral. I'm over it, I think. But, it still sucks.

Lost three close friends to suicide, one was my best friend. It still haunts me every day being here without him. On the Monday I wrote out a text message saying I love him and that I hope he's okay (purely platonic) but I didn't send it cos I'd speak to him on Tuesday, Tuesday came and we spoke. Wednesday we were told he hung himself. I miss him, every single day.

I have been seeing a therapist on and off for some time. I was also in a couple of programs before I left the army that helped me out a bit. The worst part is that there was no note or indication of anything, it just happened. We're left to forever wonder why he did it, whether he was mentally ill, just depressed, or me and my brother didn't live up to his expectations.