Alright Sup Forums, I found a watch in my attic today. It's rolex but it may be fake...

Alright Sup Forums, I found a watch in my attic today. It's rolex but it may be fake. Any watchfags know how to check if it's fake?
Pic rated

Other urls found in this thread:

rolex.com/watches/day-date.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_nHBdLjUdQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pic of other side

Absolutely fake

You sure brah?

Take it to your local watch repair to have a look for you, OP. most jewellers will be able to tell too, and probably give you an evaluation. Remember: if it ain't gold in the inside, it ain't real

It's 110% fake/replica. The "Made in Japan" on the back is a dead giveaway.

Fake. Rolex has never had anything manufactured in Japan.

aw come on it's a fucking rolex, google must be replete with tips on how to spot fakes
op is just a faggot

So if I opened it up myself and the parts are gold, it's legit?

it's costume so even if real it's not worth much

>Swiss made
>Made in Japan

It's totally real. Why they would stamp both of those is beyond me, though

smash with hammer

>breaks fake
>doesn't break, real

>costume
What do you mean?

Fuck off the watch is fake. /thread goodbye.

Hit it with a hammer post pics of inside

Ayy lmao

Top kek made in japan with swiss movement

op you need more dicks up your faggot ass

>Wow you people amaze me. Information is easily accessible on the internet. First of all I am not going to sit here and say I own all these watches and make all this money. I am however, considered to be somewhat of a watch expert. Second of all, Rolex watches are NOT hand made and time is not spent on making them. Rolex produces somewhere between 1,000,000 watches per year. Do you know how many that is per work day? Rolex also states that they have 5000 employees in their Geneva factory. Granted not all 5000 are watch makers 2/3 of them are employees of which run machines that effectively make these high quality time pieces. Third of all, there are 5 grades of replicas. Swiss (grade 1), Japanese & Italian (grade 2-4) and Chinese (grade 5). Most of the High Quality Grade 1 replicas actually use genuine Rolex parts such as the Dial, Band, Crystal, and Case. The only difference between the two is the internals. Though many of the replicas are now using Rolex internals as well. Hard to believe? I know, this is how I reacted when I found this out. Just to let you know some of the mechanical replica Rolexes actually tell time more accurately than real Rolexes. Believe it or not some of these replica's are actually rarer than the genuine Rolex they are crafted after. Some are actually hand made! I'm not saying that replica Rolexes are better; what I am saying though is replicas are as highly crafted as real ones. One major difference between some high quality replicas and real is the water proofing. Replicas will be rated to somewhere between 30m and 100m where as the real Rolex is rated to 300m.

4th google hit

OP I know watches and its easy to tell

You need to remove the bracelet at the top of the watch and look at the inscription on the bezel of the watch underneath where the bracelet attaches

stock Rolexes are worth dick and every customization drops the value because reg Rolexes don't glow in the dark and it at least looks like it has a costume frame as well dropping the value if you can find the date check the stock model images and you'll see how much is costume.

Sell it on craigslist. Some spud will buy it.

meant stock is worth more

any watch that is marked Rolex and has a Japanese movement is a fake.

Thanks man
We learn summin new erryday

didn't see that so yeah it fake for sure due to all rolexes are made in the USA

>Oficially Certified

Watchfag here

>Rolex
>made in Japan

Fake

Swiss watchmaker here, the made in japan inscription on the case back seems redibitory, it's not a real one. But I'm impresed by the dial quality which is good. Japan has a good watchmaking tradition so it's maybe a good watch but doesen't cost a lot of money.

The movement is actually Chinese, I opened it up

> made in Japan
Gr8 b8 m8

This guy is a fucking IDIOT

> Swiss watchmaker
Nice try, Japanese knockoffs are absolute garbage. Fuck right off

My info sponge personality thanks you user.

cmon OP, its says "Day Date" - which means it must display the day, and the date, which it does not.
rolex.com/watches/day-date.html
also, day date never comes in stainless steel.
fake as fuck

It's on the internet, has to be true!!!!

Go sell any fake cheap knockoff watch and see if it fetches an even remotely close yo a price as the real thing, you fucking plebs. You're looking at $60 tops for that fake ass watch, and that's being extremely generous (more like $20). Whereas a Rolex is going to run you $1000- $1500 minimum for a cheap one

Nop I actually am but of course no way for me to give you a proof. I work for a brand named Jaquet Droz which is part of the swatch group. And I realy think that japan is doing a good job in waches conception. If you look at brands like Grand Seiko, it's realy close to swiss watchmaking and sometimes better. So take it as you want

it was fucking bullseye and you know it faggot
i could market my intuitive googlefu, that's how good it is

Yep so it seems that even the "made in japan" is fake tho. It's 100% chinese. Sorry OP.

>You're looking at $60 tops for that fake ass watch
it's a grade 2 replica, and depending on age it may be rare and even more valuable because of that
i highly doubt it's not worth any more than a sucky brand new one

oh fuck, grade 5 then
you screwed, op

Yeh.
Is it even worth 20€

I guess in all reality he can get a new band and better back and swap out the internals and face and sell it to a retard as a Rolex, it would be worth a try. The face is actually made decently for a knockoff. I've seen some very bad replicas in the past. A friend's dad was serviced in Japan for a year and brought him back a knockoff Folex, it was garbage. Paid 60 USA for it there. That's why I said he might get $60 out of it. But I know nothing of watches. I do know both my mom and dad have Rolex brand watches and the quality of OP photo is not even close

Oh and watch out of the glowing material on the dial, chineses replica don't have the same standart as swiss watches and they may be radioactiv so don't put it around your wrist or dick.

A lot of women in the 50s got sick from radioactive Luminescent paint here in the USA

Look up how to tell if a rolex is real on google you fag

It's fake. Rolex doesn't manufacture in Japan or use any stainless steel

100% legit.

Yes here in switzerland too, we started with radium, then tritium and now we use superluminova which is not radioactiv anymore. The worker that applied the glowing material used to lick the brush they used to make it pointy. Tritium is still in use on military watches but it's a gaz in small caps. Allways be carefull with watches before the 70's.

>dead giveaway.
youtube.com/watch?v=_nHBdLjUdQE

dunno about da watch

KEK

OP I will give you 20$ for this piece of shit

you've spend so much time typing that and I'm not gonna even read it

i keked a lot when this was new.
puuh, two years ago..i hate time.

The movement is Swiss made. The body itself can be made in Japan. Seki City Japan makes a lot of cases and bodies for both Rolex and Breitling.

And to OP: This is a fake. And a bad one at best.

Joke or...?

You're so damn right, plus it's complete bullshit.

wtf? i meant 4 years.^^

no joke
20$

> Expert in the house.

Metal, but not gold. Fakes will have plastic or some shit. This is clearly fake though, and I know you know so.

Exactly the same here in US, ladies would lick brushes as well

says day date on it, and it doesn't have the date on it, obvious fake lol
also try putting it in water, and see if it still works.
also the watch doesnt have batteries, it's an automatic, so if you shake it and it doesn't work then its fake because rolex dont make quartz watches

Ahh the good old days...

Method of payment?

It does have batteries tho...

then its fake lol
unless you're saying that automatic watches have batteries, because they dont....

from the internet....
Most mechanical watches these days are automatics. “Automatic” is just another term for “self-winding”, meaning the watch winds itself using a weight inside the watch that oscillates to put tension on the mainspring through the random motion of the watch wearer's arm. Batteries not included — or needed.

Ok Legit answer here. Everything about the look of it suggests that it is a real Rolex. One good way to know is to watch the movement of the second hand. If it ticks as is moves around the dial - i.e. it stops and starts at each second then it is fake. If it slowly sweeps around the dial non stop it is real. You need to get it working to see if the second hand works. Does it work OP? You may need to wear it for a week to get it going if it is a dynamic watch.

lol, also why would they stamp it with day/date
when it doesnt have a date, that would make the watch just an oyster perpetual, I have one (oyster perpetual)

>pic related
> what my oyster perpetual looks like

I think Rolexs glide instead of tick? might be wrong though