/darkshit/

Let's try to have a goth rock / postpunk / darkwave / deathrock / EBM / spooky music thread like we sometimes do

no shoegazers/emoshitters allowed

I've been hooked to Maria Loves Me for a few weeks, I need more similar stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eXsHK40tmEM
youtube.com/watch?v=kE5nwCYrSbU
youtube.com/watch?v=gmVzUUt-4QA
youtube.com/watch?v=xg83si1gJBU
youtube.com/watch?v=UuVSw4uDj5w
youtube.com/watch?v=NFc2Qs49VkA
youtube.com/watch?v=bspwpdTvaUw
youtu.be/zEJtSATqlNs
youtube.com/watch?v=2_hjWiXlV6g
youtube.com/watch?v=3R7tGntqkvc
youtu.be/aL2rjvXr-sg
youtube.com/watch?v=sRIV7HBaiCk
youtube.com/watch?v=ExB71x3ullI
youtube.com/watch?v=ydnDLhZ1Kx4
youtube.com/watch?v=lH42ViBz4_c
youtube.com/watch?v=_oCOJ9HLW5s
youtube.com/watch?v=idVUl1zUpjo
youtube.com/watch?v=OJx9fugmkQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UAuwRv4X5q8
youtube.com/watch?v=12l4MLgGPgU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Which Bauhaus album is the most accessible/easiest to get into?

first for this masterpiece of an album

gary numan? more like gay nu-male!

Best synthpop album of the past several years.

Ulver is one of the best musical groups around.

yeah but does it sound like Maria Loves Me?

Is this where I can talk about neofolk?
If so, I think Art Abscon is great although his early stuff is too on-the-nose with its apoliteic poetry. Am Himmel mit Feuer II is phenomenal though.

In the flat field

I like everything about bauhaus but his voice, I just can't stand it

Anyone else really into these genres because some of the music is incredible, but some of it is also embarrassing beyond belief.

It's usually the bands that play up the "gothy" part of these genres superficially. It's corny and bad. The music that ends up sounding this way by design is a lot better than dancing around coffins and wearing terrible makeup.

Also, when all your songs sound like Halloween songs.

Does this qualify? youtube.com/watch?v=eXsHK40tmEM

What do you think about Antioch Arrow, and their album Gems of Masochism?

I always thought Alcian Blue sounded more goth.

Come on, Sup Forums. This is embarassing.

Nothing necessarily wrong with all songs sounding like Halloween songs, but yeah, Goth can be pretty superficial and hollow at times. Although I can't name an example of this. The 69 Eyes maybe? Kind of, but they also seem to be genuine horrorpunk fans having fun with their corny horror lyrics so they're not quite the archetype of manufactured Goth.

This is making rounds around here it seems, good tape youtube.com/watch?v=kE5nwCYrSbU

I love Ulver but just couldn't get into this. Just founded it really bland. Expected something unique and varied like AGTCLVLSSCAP but it's just slightly edgy pop music.

Thoughts on the greatest Neubauten album?

agreed

Jeez thread is looking bad so I'll post twice
A misleading Polish band, their s/t (tracks 1-8) was released in 1987 but was censored by the government, whule the other tracks on this were recorded prior to the s/t sessions.
youtube.com/watch?v=gmVzUUt-4QA

That's not Halber Mensch user.

kek
which is bauhaus best album?

This is a good thread.

>not Perpetuum Mobile

>Best synthpop album of the past several years.
that can hardly be true

Some of my Favorites
youtube.com/watch?v=xg83si1gJBU
youtube.com/watch?v=UuVSw4uDj5w
youtube.com/watch?v=NFc2Qs49VkA

Been hooked on this song for about a week

youtube.com/watch?v=bspwpdTvaUw

My personal fave Spooky™ band. I have a thing for screaming girls, I guess.

>there is a skeleton inside your body

>but his voice
whaat

very good
recommended for anyone who likes Circle Takes the Square/Orchid, but wants only clean vocals

Good stuff

Since no one has posted any and I have no self respect, does anyone have any EBM/Aggrotech recs?

Absolutely
I recommend the new Dawn of Ashes, and Devil-M: Revenge of the Antichrist
Both are aggrotech mixed with industrial metal, both are heavily inspired by Psyclon Nine, and the latter is supposed to be a "sequel" to Antichrist Superstar.

Also check out Nero Bellum's bandcamp output, there's some pretty fucking grim stuff in there. And it's grossly overpriced, of course, because Nero can't go three months without having to go back to rehab after overdosing on heroin. He's got a habit to feed and doctors to pay.

Not really my forté but fix8:sed8 and Youth Code are pretty neat aggrotech. At least that's the impression I got when I decided to look into the genre a few months ago. I used to like Suicide Commando when I was a teenager but never really dug deeper into it.

So, do you like neofolk?

early Suicide Commando is pretty cool. Recent Suicide Commando is really boring.
What do you think of The Ludovico Technique?

Why is Psyclon Nine so fucking good?

I mean even their debut album. It's pretty by-the-numbers harsh EBM but for some reason, I can hardly go through a normal Harsh EBM album without getting bored or annoyed at some point, but Divine Infekt just flows so smoothly and easily, I never feel like turning it off before it's over.

What's the explanation?

youtu.be/zEJtSATqlNs
bauhaus style vocals with postrock
Shit is grand.

hell yeah get fucked, Night Sins bois

youtube.com/watch?v=2_hjWiXlV6g

groovy

youtube.com/watch?v=3R7tGntqkvc

bump

Thanks for the info, pals. What I've heard so far is good stuff.

youtu.be/aL2rjvXr-sg

EBIN DEDROG :DDDDD

youtube.com/watch?v=sRIV7HBaiCk

Hello /dark/

I am a refugee. For the last week all my attempts to get going a proper neofolk thread have failed. The same disinterest in dark music (possibly related to the coming of summer) seems to have befallen this thread. Therefore to initiate fruitful conversation I will post some links to my favourite neofolk songs and talk a bit about why this genre of /dark/ music has become my (almost) only love. I would love to hear you explain in a similar manner your love for your own home-genre.
Here are some of my favourites, all sufficiently /dark/:
youtube.com/watch?v=ExB71x3ullI
youtube.com/watch?v=ydnDLhZ1Kx4
youtube.com/watch?v=lH42ViBz4_c
youtube.com/watch?v=_oCOJ9HLW5s
youtube.com/watch?v=idVUl1zUpjo
youtube.com/watch?v=OJx9fugmkQQ

I actually feel that neofolk encapsulates something that has been present in all my favourite musicks over the years, be it horrorpunk, Black Sabbath's and Om's brands of introspective heavy metal, the gothic country of Those Poor Bastards or the apocalyptic rap of Hiob and Morlockk Dilemma, or Illoyal - in essence, a profund feeling of pride in detachment and the ability, the necessity, to dream of a better world. The glorification of collapse, of transience. The glorification of our mystic mother - Earth. I feel so at home in this music, it seems like the perfect end to my musical journey. After all these years of digging up old and obscure albums, artists and genres have I finally come to my destination, found the music that truly matches who I am the core of my being. Have you had a similar experience with any particular /dark/ music?

you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded

now shut up and shake your ass to some Agonoize
youtube.com/watch?v=UAuwRv4X5q8

Is there a chart for essential EBM?

They were cool till Marshal fucked over his fans with his 'give me kickstarter money so i can blow it on opiods' nonsense.

TWICE.

seriously, fuck that band.

Nitzer Ebb
Kill Memory Crash
Leaether Strip / old Klute [they're right! i'm wrong!]
Not much else you really need in that scene

Deutsche-Amerikanische Freundschaft
Frontline Assembly
Nitzer Ebb
Front 242
:wumpscut:
Leaether Strip
Suicide Commando
Skinny Puppy

>kill memory crash
literally who?

Saw them live like a month ago, and it was so uncomfortable. Nero was unsurprisingly an asshole, one of the keyboardists kept unsuccessfully trying to stage dive and ate shit twice, and they kept tripping over each other on stage. They sounded good live though, and I still enjoy their music. But wew, never again.

harsh EBM basics in there
youtube.com/watch?v=12l4MLgGPgU

>Nero was unsurprisingly an asshole
details?

>when the evil baby voice kicks in on Womb

Maybe it's just their shtick, but he was condescending to the audience. Called us all ugly, losers, etc. Shoved bandmates a few times after tripping over their power stance legs. Idk it was pretty comical how seriously they seemed to take themselves.

condescending =/= rude

KMC has a lot more to do with EBM than Puppy does. shame on you for mentioning wumpscut

YOU ARE GOTH
GOTH. YOU ARE GOTH

yeah dude, solid suggestion.

its not their shtick, Marshall is a fucking piece of shit. Ask yourself why Eric and Joe left P9 ages ago.

No, that's just being an asshole. Condescending is like when Marilyn Manson calls his audience "beautiful people" and praises them for being free thinkers, despite making several concept albums focused on how dumb and sheep-like his own fans are.

early :wumpscut: is absolutely, undeniably essential EBM. It's fucking masterful.

KMC are literally whos

KMC used to DJ with Richie Hawtin and a lot of the notable Detroit techno scene guys for years and did Movement. They were huge for a minute, but you weren't looking in the right spots. they sound more wax trax than WT! bands. listen to "never forget" or "hell on wheels" and you'll thank me later.

>techno scene guys
who gives a shit?
>huge for a minute
oh wow so were Sigue Sigue Sputnik

I don't deny that they may have had some influence or have made some good tracks, but calling them essential is retarded.

post-hardcore is not /darkshit/

get out

They're darker than 90% of the music here

Not really, no. They're jumpdafuckup mosh music for dudebros who happen to be wimpier and more prone to self-pity than other dudebros. Or, if you prefer, they're roided-up emos. And emofags are out.

okay, lets go back with your list.

>Deutsche-Amerikanische Freundschaft
and you can name how many songs that aren't der mussolini?

>Frontline Assembly
toured with these guys. they don't consider themselves ebm either. after being like a half album behind skinny puppy with ideas, they basically came to like 1989-1992 of ebm
>Nitzer Ebb
sure, but those guys are both assholes and i cant stand how much of a cunt douglas is to deal with
>Front 242
played with them twice. they're fun. they need to remaster up evil
>:wumpscut:
get the fuck out
>Leaether Strip
I like Klaus, i've played with LS twice, but i can never wrap my head around essential
>Suicide Commando
fuck off with your eurotrash spooky shit that killed industrial for a while with that terror bullshit

>Skinny Puppy
in no fucking world is puppy EBM. also, their backstage drama is fucking hilarious. Key got pissed a while back because he expected a cut from Ohgr cd sales during the europe tour's merch table hahahaha

but yeah. naming shit that sells on metropolis ten years ago doesn't mean its essential ebm.

You're just jealous we have darker, more intense music

Could anyone recommend some heavy test deathrock bands like Samhain?

Oh wow holy shit you actually BELIEVE that your personal experiences with some artists mean jackshit?!

How fucking delusional do you even have to be to think that anyone gives a shit about who you toured with and which guy is a big meany?

Fuck off with your blogpost and acknowledge :wumpscut: and SP as essential EBM or shove your synth up your ass.

Point taken with DAF, though.

What the fuck does Marilyn Manson have to do with Asking Alexandria?

Yeah, I do. I have spent about half of my life releasing music you've probably heard. I have a pretty good grasp on writing and engineering electronic and industrial music. I'd say I can respond with pretty good authority on what defines these genres from a production and geographical perspective.

get the fuck out you underaged redditor, your post sickens me

stop bragging, nobody cares.

Do you at least realize how massively pretentious you sound and how meaningless your perspective is?
You have less authority in the matter than the average Metropolis Records shill, because that guy can at least say what's actually making waves in the scene and inspires people.

You're a fucking joke, m8. You're just as much of a pathetic cliché as the stereotypical oblivious cybergoth dancer who can't name anything earlier than Feindflug.

oh, my feels.

enjoy your summer jobs, fellas. please make sure you stop by and say hi this summer / fall during touring and festival season. see you at infest / cold waves / terminus

Why is industrial rock/metal so incredibly hit or miss?

took this at a death in june concert in oslo. you guys seen any shows lately?