Really makes you think

Really makes you think...

Other urls found in this thread:

payscale.com/data-packages/gender-pay-gap
youtube.com/watch?v=XOaaWGA-XO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah it doesn't.

Women on a whole don't work as many hours as men and may not see promotions because of it.
And, knowing that, I don't know how these hourly calculations were done, but if a woman didn't want to work as much as a man and made 30,000 in 1 year and the man made 34,000 in a year, then of course the average hourly wage would be less. But that calculation didn't take into account the number of hours worked.

The only thing this graph gets me thinking about is how statistical facts can be bent to fit any agenda depending on which metrics someone chooses not to use or chooses not to measure for.

All that says is "WAAHHHH WAAHHHH WAHHHHH".

Gender wage gap is a myth pushed by cherry picking data. It is illegal to pay a man or woman more than their counterparts in any field for the same company. Federal law. Stop whining.

Work like a men then.... stay at your job for 12 month not 9, tell your family I'm sorry they are giving us overtime and we need it. Here a good one tell your boss you need a raise in pay without fucking them. Or here a idea do some dangerous jobs that pay really well. If you cant then stop bitching it getting old now.

Its proven that when women have families, they are more likely to take more time off while men typically work harder. Need to find the source for that.

Stop playing the victim woman card. Life is rough for everyone, deal with it pussy.

>hurr durr I can't look at statistics becuase fuck women because one called me an ugly sperglord and Elliot Rodger is my hero and women r dumb

kys faggot

>work more dangerous jobs

This literally takes into account industri3s dominated by men

I drink so I don't have to think!

Did you know that every one who posts and gets the numbers "728131861" is a huge faggot that is addicted to the biggest, hairiest, manliest penises and literally cannot stop being a huge flaming faggot?

Need to find the source for that though.

I swer itz tru bb

>hurr durr i can't look at statistic myself because fuck logic

Women earn less because they work less.

It is that fucking simple.

My aunt works as a software developer and she complains to me about how she gets paid less than her male subordinates because she's female, so I told her she should ask for a raise, and her only reply was a meek "no...."

I swear she'd rather bitch and complain about gender inequality than just ask for a raise and get paid more.
>Bitches get paid less because they're fucking stupid

And men kill themselves five times as much as women.

>women are irrational and stupid
>PAY ME AND BUY ME EVERYTHING
>no
> FASCIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>ask for a raise

Why so she can get turned down and then be on the chopping block????

if shes on the chopping block for asking for a raise for the first time in years then its not sexism, she just fucking sucks at her job you retard

Well good. Maybe the patriarchy will end after all

She has quit that job before and they were desperate to rehire her as a manager with more pay, so she went back. She's told me she could even leave that job for a better paying one, but she likes the location so she stays.

>women go into lower-paying jobs
>No, I found these two examples of completely unrelated job pairs with similar paychecks

tumblr is over there sweetie

If women get paid less, why don't places hire more women instead.

men are better workers than women and require none of the retarded exceptions and special conditions that women do

No, it doesn't...especially if you're familiar with actual facts...

First comment and you actually sum it up really well. As opposed to all the shitposting after you, that is.

Good job.

Not even that user, but asking for a raise can carry the risk of making a company want to get rid of you.

Nice trips

Also, is this a website? Or is that radio button just there for humorous effect to point out that no studies really account for that?

>posts a picture proving there is a pay gap

Wow user...

i totally get that but if you dont regularly ask for raises every 6 months or so it shouldnt even be a problem, if you worked at this place for 2 years and you get your shit done management wouldnt have aproblem with a raise now and again, but women dont ask, i worked with this one girl for 4-5 years and never saw her attempt it

"facts" is another word for mansplaining

funny that the margin of error is 2 cents as well

so it's possible that they make the exact same amount, or that men make 2 cents less than women

It "proves" there is a two cent pay gap after controlling for SOME compensable factors. That doesn't mean they were all accounted for, and it certainly doesn't mean that that extra $0.02 is due to discrimination or the evil patriarchy. We just don't know what its from.

What are Pharmacists?

Where did you find that margin of error?

Wooo! Trips! First set of Trips in quite some time.

Payscale is one of the largest employer/job/wage tracking websites in the US.

payscale.com/data-packages/gender-pay-gap

I never said it was non-existent, but bullshit on the bad data of 23%.

She had worked for that company for over 10 years and everyone liked her because she was one of the few females there, and was probably the only moderately attractive one.

While I do actually agree with you, you should note that arguing with anecdotes is a logical fallacy. Just because it happened this one time doesn't mean that's the rule, or even the likelihood.

Again, I think you're right anyway but just be aware of that.

that's """literally""" impossible because the most dangerous jobs are like 99,5% men.

My sides...I need to call the space station to receive them.

So back in highschool I worked at this grocery store, and pretty much everyone who was in highschool started off bagging the groceries. And then you would either get "promoted" to a cashier, or you would get to go back into one of the departments. Well one thing I noticed is that the females who worked there would pretty much ALWAYS get made a cashier/put into a department a month maybe 2 after they started working. It took me and the other guys who worked there 6 months+ to become anything other than a sacker...

I know this is shitty anecdotal evidence from a shitty job I had in highschool but yeah...

You can't get fired for asking for a raise. This also is against the law.

Fuck me, I got trips and quads in the same thread? I should go play the lottery!

That doesnt matter. The fact that there is a pay gap at all is a major problem

>This
Females are always preferred for customer service jobs because they look pretty and usually act more pleasant and less assertive/aggressive.

Just go into any bank and count the number of male tellers vs the number of female tellers.

Men have biological differences to women, these differences end up costing them more money, even if these statistics are true men need more money to survive than women so the difference in pay by gender is justified.

2% when accounting for some (not all) factors...

2%

>B-b-bu-but MUH OPPRESSHHUNNZZ

You realize that studies have shown failure to negotiate your first job's salary has a larger effect, right?

Can someone find a women who's working the /exact/ same situations, asks for raises in the /exact/ same situations, and does the /exact/ same job and the /exact/ same efficiency and still gets paid less?
No "if's" or "buts", if those numbers prove to be less with ZERO difference in overall efficiency and time spent, then i'll go ahead and kneel.
Otherwise, go turn in your bachelors in women studies

There's an infographic for time off.
Still looking for one for the faggotry of specific posts... I'm starting to think the data sample might be too small.

>people itt are literally defending pay gaps

Wow. Its 2017. Have you people still not realized men ARENT superior to women????

Fuck I'm an idiot.....

or she makes a compelling argument in her favor and she gets a raise?

What the fuck is the point of an MBA even???

Allows to instantly get a higher salary in a more upwardly-mobile position, just by virtue of having the degree.

It's bullshit, but that's the way it is.

>she could leave for a better pay
Then quit bitching and moaning about "I get paid less"

I made it up :^)

>Women work less than men
>get less money
I don't see the issue.

Oh man, a two-cent pay gap. That totally can't be explained by different locations, companies, work schedules, overtime, vacations, maternity leave, etc.

Oh wait, yes it can

Tbh I own a business, and I fucking hate when people ask for a raise. 99% of people think they work harder than they do. Most of my employees work more or less at about the same efficiency. When someone asks me for a raise, I wont fire them, but I will keep an eye out for their replacement/a reason to get rid of them.. maybe I am a scum bag, but oh well

She enjoys bitching and moaning about it too much.

As a side note, she's also in her 40's and has never married.

This doesn't misstates the issues women do make about the same as men for doing the same job when the level (staff manager or executive) is considered. The problem is that women don't get promoted at the same rate as men. That's not a pay issue but an opportunity issue.

Pretty much.

Dunno what the aussie equivalent is, but I added $15/hr to my pay by doing a 12 month diploma course. Job hasn't changed, I just get paid a buttload more now

What kind of business, though? Owning a Subway franchise is a lot different than owning a software development company.

Nothing like that. Its a small transportation company.

This doesn't control for level of position

Really makes you think

I am a Pharmacist.

Men tend to be in Technician roles or better (never in the lowest rung of a dispensary for long). The professional levels Men tend towards management or the more stressful and challenging locations when possible, leading to greater salaries.

I went for a lazy 4 day week for 6 months on a cover basis
Moved into a store based role for 6 months (rinsed the business for untaxed travel costs at 400GBP a month on top of salary)
Moved company to one which paid lunches and travel expenses to hit over 40,000GBP a year on a 4 day week at the ripe old age of 23

The cost was being far from home and having essentially no friends.

Then I got bored of being too far from home and dropped into a 26,500GBP role in a hospital on a 12 month contract in exchange for having a social life, visiting family and a standard 9-5 hour rota; which is what most of the women I know did from the start, Difference is I have 45,000GBP in the bank for my troubles and a few thousand into a private pension scheme, they have instagram pics of a holiday in Thailand.

im glad you explained your methodology so i can judge whether this infographic is useful or not

youtube.com/watch?v=XOaaWGA-XO0

pretty sure men can't get pregnant.
>check and mate

Yeah, that happens in almost every survivor.

Big difference is the backgrounds of the people involved. I'm no survivalist, but I went on fishing trips with dad. Learnt to make fires, make shelters, make snares, how to track small animals. All that shit.

My sister stayed home with mum. She'll run away from a beetle, but her cakes are fucking awesome.

pics of thai whores pls

How's her pussy?

Under that pretext only women would be hired...Nice propaganda though XD.

Unmarried without children under 30. The wage gap effectively dissappears and in some areas even inverts.

Think about it for 30 seconds and you should be able to figure out what's going on.