3. Downed
4. Need Your Love
5. If You Want My Love

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wMha0i0P2Pc
youtu.be/CzGiCcSHsok
youtu.be/OCI9QYgeL4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They have too many GOAT songs to pick just 5 from desu.

Why is early 80s Cheap Trick so underrated, lads?
Also this desu
I wouldn't know where to start

Idk about a top 5 but Surrender is the best

I don't know what started this influx of /cheap/posting, but I wholeheartily approve

1.) Surrender
2.) Downed
3.) Takin' Me Back
4.) Come On, Come On
5.) He's a Whore

I don't have a top five since the first two studio albums are GOAT from start to finish.

Heaven Tonight would also be a good album if it didn't sound so slick sterile and overproduced.

I always thought In Color's production sounded worse than Heaven Tonight's.

This, there have been a lot of CT threads lately.

1. Hot Love
2. I Want You To Love Me (Budokan)
3. He's a Whore
4. Come on, Come on
5. Surrender

Fuck I've never seen anyone mention Cheap Trick before here. Seriously one of my all time favorite bands, the first two albums are masterpieces, Heaven Tonight is okay but they stepped it back up with Dream Police. After that it's pretty hit or miss but I do like their 90's self titled record along with a few of their most recent ones

Saw them in concert not too long ago and they still put on a great performance.

How many times have you seen them? I've seen them 5 times in just the last couple years. I live in the Chicago area so I get the chance to see them often. Theyre old guys, but they still put on a hell of a show

More Sup Forumstants are taking the Trickpill every day.

4 times total, I live in the south and while they haven't come here too often, I usually hit up any show near Nashville or Atlanta.

Can anyone find the manga from the 70s featuring them? That shit is hilarious

Best place to start with these guys?

First album

Rock and Rule?
youtube.com/watch?v=wMha0i0P2Pc

No, it was like a Japanese animated comic book. I saw it up in Rockford, IL when they had an Cheap Trick exhibit at some museum

I Can't Take It (Music for Hangovers version)
Surrender (same)
I Want You to Want Me (all three early versions are good)
On Top of the World
Southern Girls

FUCKING WHAT
PLEASE FIND THIS

>I Can't Take It
Underrated as fuck. I never listened to Music For Hangovers.

youtu.be/CzGiCcSHsok

I probably would have ignored it entirely except that when it was new, my dad got it as part of a deal with a t-shirt that I totally wore out.

Studio version's good too, but a little too bubblegum I think.

I hope Cheap Trick doesn't become the next meme. They're too good for that...

I think they're becoming one of those bands that isn't Sup Forumscore but has a sizeable following here. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

I love that they're getting a following, but I'm saying I don't want it to become U2 meme status, because Cheap Trick deserve better than being the butt of a Sup Forums joke

Take out a handful of albums though and their discography is fairly embarrassing.

How could they be? They make great music, theyre likable people, and they dont take themselves seriously.

Why does Tom look high as fuck in literally every photo?

But those handful you could take out are pop masterpieces and albums I couldn't live without

>new album is coming out next month
>no mention of it at all

Will it be good? I haven't heard any of their recent material.

Any discography that includes
>Cheap Trick
>In Color
>Heaven Tonight
>At Budokan
>Dream Police
>All Shook Up
>One On One
>Next Position Please
is far from embarrassing

I think you just answered your own question.

For me, I'd only feel really sad about losing the debut. I'm glad In Color, Heaven Tonight, the live albums, and their last few exist, but to me Cheap Trick has always been chasing the dragon; Rick's one of those guys who wrote a shit ton of great songs in his prime and milked that store for a while, then got lost once that reservoir was dry.

I'm sure this sounds more negative than I mean it to be. I love Cheap Trick, but they're also disappointing in some ways.

>no Bun E. Carlos on cover

Sad!

Is this good?

I only just realized it existed a few days ago. Last 3 albums were good, so I'm definitely giving it a listen or two.

I've never understood what the Bun E. problem is exactly, he must be a secret cokehead or something.

I admit to liking The Flame, but I wouldn't advise it.

I like Don't Be Cruel and The Flame and that's it. Not many great tracks.

Yeah, "secret."

What did they mean by this?

What's their best unreleased song? My vote goes to this one

youtu.be/OCI9QYgeL4s