More people need to hear this.

Very good... Very good indeed...

However!

correct if we're talking about Genesis

However!

best ITT so far, but make way for the true greatest

good posts

best neoprog

Second worst prog album i've ever heard.

Very similar to:
And somewhat to:
It has English folk elements and it's one of those beautifully English albums.

Care to elaborate? Is it because of the strong German accent?

Yea it's much better. That and Udu Wudu are my favs.

is is because I was rolling my eyes, and that's a bad sign.
It's pretentional to simply put, the band doesnt have the right skill to create what they want to create, it comes out muddy and boring.

my nigga

I thought I was the only one, noice

>is is because I was rolling my eyes
How is this a valid point of criticism?
>It's pretentional to simply put
Welcome to Sup Forums? That's the main point whenever someone criticizes a prog album or prog in general. And do you know what the concept is? Greek mythology and the myth of Poseidon. By that logic Aphrodite's Child 666 is bad too.
>it comes out muddy
Have you listened to the remastered version? It's literally like listening to a different album.

Hi

You didn't get my point, prog is not usually pretentional because the musicians have enough skill to justify the importance/merit they are trying to express, this allbum is muddy in the sense that it's boring, uninspiring, low energy, with brutally contrasting lyrics to add to the insult.

not neoprog
neoprog is more like a revival of symphonic prog
and frances is better anyway

I'd say mekanik destruktiw komandoh is heavier than kobaia, kobaia being somewhat more jazzy and melodic at parts. Udu Wudu is where its at though.

>this allbum is muddy in the sense that it's boring, uninspiring, low energy
I disagree with absolutely every single one of these. Though I have albums I feel the same about - Egg's discography. What are your favorite prog albums? I would like to see where you're coming from.

Question: why is most progressive rock nowadays so bad in comparison to the golden era of 1969-1974?

you know what user? you disgust me. there's no light in the darkest of your furthest reaches asshole

Because they aren't progressing rock anymore, they're imitating older prog acts for the most part
There hasn't been a new scene since like the 80s at the latest
Progressive Metal is even worse, most of the bands are just focused solely on technicality and speed instead of making something new and interesting
I've only heard maybe three bands that present a new sound in the 21st century

Not him, but what are those 3 bands? It seems like you have listened to a lot of modern prog, unlike the majority of the board.

Close to le edge, Mrowisko, Krywań Krywań are my top 3. Some other are classics like Red and COTCK, land of grey and pink, Darwin! and 666.

Very underrated album

Vektor is pretty interesting but vocals are so shitty.

Haven't listened to the ones other than Close to the edge, Red, ITCOTCK. I'm surprised you like 666, but not Eloy's Ocean though.

KOMARA was pretty good, their s/t definitely had some interesting points, Robert Fripp endorsed them too, makes sense seeing as they share a drummer with KC. But here's the thing, they don't consider themselves prog.
Part of the reason "progressive rock" has been on the downturn is because we've convinced ourselves that only symphonic prog, jazz fusion, and the like are "progressive," while other so called movements in rock have been advancing it more, like experimental, math, post, art, whatever you want to call it rock. There are plenty of good "progressive rock" bands who can sound like Yes or Genesis or Floyd but few who identify as prog that create something that progresses rock as a genre. If Swans 21st century works, GYBE, even Radiohead has come around in the age of prog they'd be called as such. I mean look at Mike Oldfield for example, with Ommadawn, Tubular Bells, etc. he's making somewhat minimalist new age "rock" but somehow he gets called progressive rock. Why? Because it was the time of prog, a time which is over. People got tired of hearing imitation of classical era art music with guitars and moog synthesizers, so prog ended. The movements that followed noise rock, so called avant rock, and all this took their inspirations from more contemporary movements, minimalism, noise music, atonal music, drone to instrumentally progress the genre of rock.
Sup Forums is a decent place to talk about music in general, but any kind of specific genre you're better off using a dedicated forum, for prog I go on progarchives, metal on metalarchives/metallum.
Vektor - Terminal Memedux is like most tech/prog metal in that it focuses purely on speed and playing as many notes as possible, instead of progressing rock or metal music. Vektor is definitely one of the best tech thrash bands out right now though, and as far as harsh vocals in metal go, I've heard much worse.

>I'm surprised you like 666, but not Eloy's Ocean though.
I don't get your suprise, for me they are WILDLY different, the may as well be red and blue (and they are).

das guud shite mane

The vocals on this album are fucking great wtf are you talking about

Finally someone with a good taste

Coincidence?

ALL YOUR CHILDREN ARE POOR
UNFORTUNATE VICTIMS OF
SYSTEMS BEYOND THEIR CONTROL
A PLAGUE UPON YOUR IGNORANCE & THE GRAY
DESPAIR OF YOUR UGLY LIFE

Where did Annie go
When she went to town?
Who are all those creeps
That she brings around?

When is prog rock going to be resurrected again? Like I don't mean shitty dream theater progmetal mathrock garbage, but actually artistic rock that has some balls to it.

First I'll buy some beads
Then perhaps a leather band to go around my head
Some feathers and bells
And a book of Indian lore
I will ask the Chamber of Commerce how to get to Haight Street, and smoke an awful lot of dope
I will wander around barefoot
I will have a psychedelic gleam in my eye at all times
I will love everyone
I will love the police as they kick the shit out of me on the street
I will sleep--I wi--I will go to a house, that's what I will do, I will go to a house where there's a rock and roll band because the groups live all together. And I will join a rock and roll band and I will be their road manager. And I will stay there with them and I will get the crabs but I won't care.

does prog-folk count?

I don't think genres die in the first place, but these guys fit the bill.

youtube.com/watch?v=4r3YlEft368

It's one of the most exciting things that's ever happened to me
You know, every time I think about how lucky I am to be in the rock & roll industry, it's SO exciting. You know, when I first got into the rock & roll business I could barely even play the changes to this song on my, on my guitar. But now I'm very proficient at it, I can play the guitar, I can strum it rhythmically, I can sing along with my guitar as I strum. I can strum, sing, dance, I can make merry fun all over the stage. And you know, it's so wonderful to . . . It's wonderful to feel that I'm doing something for the kids, because I know that the kids and their music are where it's at. The youth of America today is so wonderful . . . And I'm proud to be a part of this gigantic mass reception. I hope she sees me twirling, yes . . . I hope she sees me dancing and twirling, I will say: "Hello, darling!"

Boy, this is really exciting, making a rock & roll record. I can't even wait until our record comes out and the teen-agers start to buy it. We'll all be rich and famous! When my royalty check comes I think I'm going to buy a Mustang. No, I think I'll . . . I think I'll get a Corvette. No, I think I'll get a Harley Davidson. No, I don't think I'll buy any of those cars. I think what I will do is I will buy a boat. No, I won't do that either. I think, ah, I'll go into real estate. I think I would like to . . . I think I'd like to buy La Cienega Boulevard. No, that wouldn't do any good. Gee, I wonder if they can see me up here, twirling my tambourine and dancing . . .
Maybe after the show one of the girls who sees me up here, singing and twirling my tambourine and dancing, will like me. And she will come over to me and I will walk . . . I will walk up to her and I will smile at her and I will impress her and I will say: "Hello, baby, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this? I'm from a rock & roll band, I think we should . . . "

this right here