Why do you hate certain music?

What are your ideological arguments? Do you think hating certain things actually improves society? If so, give an example.

As someone who doesn't get triggered by music, I'm curious about this. I don't see why you can't find something to appreciate in every piece of music, even if you don't enjoy it completely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs
youtube.com/watch?v=O8Uhn-dU3Gg
youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

people just like to hate

>You need an ideological reason to dislike music you don't like. You need to think you're improving society otherwise you have no reason to dislike a genre.

Nice shitpost

Honestly, I think it's more useless to post about hating something than seeking or sharing stuff you like. Of course, you could argue that's a hedonistic view.

I know that some people really do see pop music as detrimental to culture and well-being. Still, there are arguments against that.

I don't see how your post isn't more useless than a "I hate ___" post, even if you're just being ironic.

I don't "hate" anything, I just don't listen to or talk about it.

Reggaeton
Living in Florida you can't go anywhere populated without some fag blasting that in his broken down Honda thinking he's in fast and furious.

I think that's great, but that means I'm not addressing you. I should've asked "If you hate certain music, why?"

I like this response. It's honest. Are you also a musician?

Used to make music , I know the piano and most daws and trackers

Every single post anyone has ever made on Sup Forums has been useless other than the rare few that cause real world events to happen.

I'm not trying to improve society I'm trying to avoid being annoyed.

Sounds edgy.

That's actually kinda insightful. I thought most people seriously hated certain things, but then again I guess one of my closest friends gets annoyed by a lot of things and that's how he expresses himself. I've heard him rant about vegans, hipsters, vegetables, metal music, sjw's, old people, rich people, black people, etc.

But when I really talked to him about a lot of those things, he said he doesn't actually hate all those things. That's just how he expresses himself.

I dont like top 40 stuff 90% of the time. It always sounds shit made in a committee. I don't like nu country, because it's lyrical content is fucking abysmal and it's singers sound like college fratboys

If I don't like some music then I just don't listen to it and it doesn't affect me, but if I had to pick something to hate then I guess it would be some of the really trashy and primitive pop music of today.

youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs
youtube.com/watch?v=O8Uhn-dU3Gg

I'm gonna assume you really mean hate and not just dislike.

In that case, I unironically think nightcore is detrimental to humanity

all music is shit

I get you guys. I've been forced to listen to that type of pop at minimum wage jobs. Sometimes, a few gems get through, like Billy Joel's Piano Man, but even that one can grind my ears after a while.

I especially hate it when music sounds like it belongs in a trashy nightclub, but I guess some people like my brother (whom I love) actually get off to that when drunk. I mean who hasn't gotten plastered and danced at a bar?

I've never listened to nightcore before. Sounds like what underage gamers listen to. I could see an argument against how that type of music isolates people and makes them more prone to escapism, but wouldn't it be narrow-minded to blame a niche of music for that?

What's your argument?

Not him, but nightcore seems pretty retarded because it's literally just pitching up existing music. Even vaporwave and future funk take much more effort than that.

This is pretty much my argument against it, it has 0 artistic merit and it's somehow really popular in certain circles. Plus the idea that a really high pitched version of a song can somehow sound good to people kinda screws with my mind, but that's besides the point.

To hate is to be edgy.
Reggaeton is so vulgar in the wrong way

I say I hate metal, not because of the music entirely but because I pretty much like every genre and group so I picked metal as a scapegoat to make me look somewhat selective when asked

I don't necessarily HATE any music, but I really dislike country.
The fact that the lyrics are just always so obvious and tell clear word-by word stories bothers me a lot. I prefer music that really makes you think and that isn't so awfully blunt. The southern accents and the tractor talk bother me too
>inb4 Johnny Cash

I don't listen to country, but I like some of Marty Robbins' songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs

Just stopping in to say OP is a faggot and this thread is useless

>projecting what his dad told him
Wew

That's interesting because I found country to be refreshing after immersing myself in cryptic lyrics for so long. Then again, does Sun Kil Moon even fit in that category? What's an example?

OP stopping by to say that worth is relative, and that, by your logic, your life is probably pretty worthless if you criticize others that harshly. It's a double edged sword, user. I would know. I do it too.

I agree that all music is beautiful, but screaming disguised vocals is not healthy for any sane human person.

i dont hate certain types of music but when i have had enough bad experiences with a certain band or genre i try to avoid that said band or genre after a while

I do not like Hip-Hop.

I fucking hate the vocal delivery, I find the beats obnoxious.

Therefeore, I do not listen to hip-hop.

K-Pop and Nightcore. Anything similar or just overall happy-happy sunshine high pitch pop drives me insane. It's just bleach to my ears. I do not have anything against happy music or pop but the genres I mentioned above are just, awful. I also hate screamo and power electronics. (With the exception of Whitehouse) But I think it's fine if you like that music, it's all subjective.

Word for word what I was going to write.

Expanding on what he said, I do not like Hip hop because of how the vocals are delivered; it's just not for me.

>ideological arguments

how about "it sounds like shit"?

How's that for ideology?

Pretty much, it isn't that "REE HIP HOP IS SHIT" just ain't for me. And that's fine, there is like million of other music for me to check out.

that's not very ideological

I don't give a fuck.

I don' give a fuck
I don' give a fuck
I don' give a-
I don' give a-
I don' give a fuck

You dislike the exact things I like about country, sometimes I don't want to have to wonder what shit means. It's, essentially, comfort music.

I used to fucking despise folk music, which I blame entirely on those hipster bitches Mumford & Sons. Over saturation, and twee as hell. I'm getting over it a bit, by listening to indie folk that's being recommended to me, but even saying the phrase "indie folk punk" out loud makes me cringe despite starting to like it.
One day I'll get over my dislike of certain genres. One day.

Power Electronics because it sucks at being shocking despite being 100% shock value (as opposed to stuff like shock rock and metal, which glamorize shocking imagery to make it spectacular and entertaining)

Like 99% of PE tries to be shocking, but puts zero effort in it. So the only way it can work is if someone is enough of a pussy to be offended by the rather hackneyed themes it brings up. And then, those people probably won't enjoy it.

Which brings the question: what the fuck to PE fans find entertaining in it? PE is to shock rock what news footage of some guy getting shot is to a well-crafted horror movie. Unless you know the guy, it's gonna be boring as fuck and I don't get what people find in it. Therefore, I reasonably assume that they must be posers who are entertained by the notion of being entertained by crude depictions of violence, rather than by those depictions of violence.