AVGN thread

>AVGN thread
Do any Sup Forumstards still keep up with him? His shits really gone downhill the last 5 years but I still watch for the nostalgia I guess. His old episodes remind me of staying up all night skilling on runescape. What's your favorite episode user?

He only puts out a new video like every 5 or 6 months, it's not really hard to stay up to date

Also, best episode is Swordquest. A lot of AVGN content is /comfy/ to me and Swordquest is the most /comfy/

I'm actually watching his episodes now. Started from the beginning. I'm at episode 20 right now.

Protip: Do not watch the 2 hourish complete season versions first, at least for the old episodes. He had to cut copywrited content to make the DVDs legal, which means you lose some great bits like him having a different Rocky movie playing at the same time on every TV in the house

He recently did a Power Rangers review--both as AVGN, and a review on the TV series as someone who never got into it growing up, which I enjoyed.

I remember really liking his Batman reviews. Also the Action 52 and Cheetahmen were old favorites of mine. I think Plumbers Don't Wear Ties might be my favorite though--I can't think of any game he's played that compares to that.

Mike Mattei was pretty much the brains behind AVGN
When he and James parted ways the quality went downhill pretty quick

I actually still enjoy his content, but I didn't know that Mike left. Huh.

Which episode was dis?

The rocky episode lol

What? Mike is still all over the cinemassacre website

Parted ways? The fuck are you talking about? Mike is very much still there and they still do James and mike Mondays every week

The sega masters one? Don't all I remember happening was him running outside at the end.

I don't think he's gone downhill at all.
I think that it is you, OP, who has changed.

You can definitely see the change in his film style and humor. It's mostly just lame these days

AVGN was/is/and always will be garbage. watch a good youtuber next time.

Agreed! I hate that fat shit that plays with MF Mike. Even Mike is annoying. He needs to stay mostly behind the camera. My fav episode is the Sega CD and 32x ones. Classic!

wrong

I get that he had to move on from AVGN, and at least we have hours and hours of fucking great content to watch from the past 7/8 years or however long it's been. One of my favourite youtube series ever and for that reason James Rolfe will always be a legend in my eyes

I still like the new videos he makes; sure, they're not as good as they were but after all these years, it's hard to keep things fresh.

Mike is meh at best...wish he'd stay behind the camera. Not sure who that other guy who plays with them is - very forgettable.

I think one of the biggest issues is that he isn't even drinking beer in the episodes anymore. That added a little sense of realism to it - who hasn't been drunk and yelled at a game before?

His best episode to me is the Action 52 one. Maybe the Wizard of Oz one at a close second.

Try harder to trigger someone next time, Hun.

isaco se la come

I hate it when Mexican Latino shills derail an AVGN thread

mexican andy strikes again

this. My comfy is Action 52.

the WisdomTree episodes and I have to say the McKids episode cause that was the first one I saw

I only watch videos that James does now. fucking sick of mike the ego lets player matei, fucker doesn't even draw anymore. Fuck ryan the sellout. and apparently mike kicked off bootsy off cinemassacre and the website too.

I met the nigga. Had him sign my 3DS and a copy of Simon's Quest

Really liked James & Mike Mondays when it came out, but I think I have not watched that in a year and a half or so, actually. That's one thing I should catch up on, but the normal AVGN episode I am up to date on. Not hard given how infrequently a new episode comes out.

why get rid of bootsy?

Eh I thought his 10th anniversary Mega Man video was pretty good. New ones have been hit or miss though yeah

Good old Whale Cock Mattei

I think pretty much every video guest starring someone else is ridiculous. All the characters are unnecessary and hardly if ever funny.

We'll played user. Well played...

yeah I skip those