How did you get into Grimes' music?

I see a lot of Grimes shitposting, so I thought this would be refreshing. Tell your story. Here's mine:

>meet 16yo cousin and we share all the music
>she sends a song off of Art Angels and says she just likes gaming to it
>I thought nothing of it and forgot about it
>a year passes
>become friends with coworker who loves pop punk and EDM
>me, a wide-eyed 22yo who only started drinking at 21
>him, a jaded 27yo who used to be a manager and loves coke and adderall
>we bond over depression, anime, vidya, music, painting, food, etc. over the course of several months
>he takes me to my first EDM show
>gives me a domino of ecstasy
>shit_was_lit.png
>I develop a love for bass music
>I also become interested in computer science and therefore, electronic music production
>come across Art Angels, which I recognize because of all the goddamn shills
>aware of Grimes waifufags
>start to enjoy song after song, over the course of several months, just barely listening
>become infatuated by Claire's personality in interviews
>hear that she used adderall and locked herself in her room to write Visions
>download entire discography (she says she downloads music too so it's okay lol)

And now here I am, a fellow degenerate.

What's your story?

p.s. I've masturbated to her music before, while looking at her pictures.

This is the actual OP. If there's no rebuttal from another user who claims to be OP, then you know it's the real OP. ;)

I just kinda messed around on youtube one day back in 2011, her song Vanessa was in my recommendations. Listened and was instantly addicted to Grimes.

Fuck of shills

no one believes a damn thing about this fake ass little boy you're calling 'Grimes'

>she
>her

lol why are you so triggered?

you're not a degenerate for liking grimes. she's legit great ams you already know.

Fuck off

kys

Randomly watched the video of her KEXP live set on youtube (because it popped up in related videos due to watching other KEXP vids) approximately a year ago. Been an extremely happy listener ever since.

also that kexp session opened my eyes that she's actually amazing. huge fan since then.

Thanks senpai. I needed to hear that. It's really just a facetious form of self-defense mechanism, ya feel? :)

All I see from these posts are sad, depressed kids who drink a little too much. I've been there. I know you don't wanna hear it from some waifufag, but I hope it gets better for you guys. I still have my misanthropic moments too sometimes.

You fucking sick man

Fuck off

>All I see from these posts are sad, depressed kids who drink a little too much. I've been there. I know you don't wanna hear it from some waifufag, but I hope it gets better for you guys. I still have my misanthropic moments too sometimes.
you're not fooling anyone.

(((Grimes))) is not a meme.

Ah, same. It really made me appreciate the work she puts into it, and how much courage she has for willing to put that stuff out, despite how little she knew to begin with. Of course, she must be really experienced now that she's been at the grindstone for a long time.

So you actually like Grimes but hate the waifufags?

>(((Grimes))) is not a meme.
of course. she's the artist of the decade.

I really want to know why people come to Grimes threads to shitpost when they could just put "Grimes" into the filter and not see threads like these in the first place.

I can't speak for people who go into Grimes threads that get through those filters though.

The only reason I can imagine is that the person is either extremely bored or drunk.

more like Intelligence agencies than 'waifufags'

(but you know that)

>either extremely bored or drunk
or dumb

Do I? I mean, I keep seeing tinfoil hat posts about her music, but I've yet to see any evidence. Sounds like a low quality meme to me, but I gotta admit, your b8 has me hooked.

I guess if they don't know how to use the filters, then yes.

you may be surprised to hear that, but some idiots actually refuse to add her name to the filters even if they hate her. why? because they want to shitpost and troll her fans. these are the cunts whining about her threads even if those threads include her name in the op.

Hmm. I'm kinda surprised. I figured most of them were drunk or used it as an outlet for depression.

I just can't see how someone could be consistent about it. There must be another reason.

>second year at college
>talking with a guy about what music we like
>give each other recs all the time, one day he suggests grimes
>listen to it, cant get over her slight lisp, think its not for me and disregard it
>wonder why everyone on this board is so obsessed with this girl
>i thought she was weird looking
>continue to see her shitposted on here constantly for about a year
>decide to give her a shot again, listen to a playlist of her biggest songs on youtube
>ok some of these are great
>listen to the entirety of Geidi Primes
>by the end of Beat Infection i have fallen completely in love with this girl
>listen to the rest of her discography, cant believe i didnt like it before
>start to find her very attractive
>buy some faggy shirts of her albums
>now i shitpost about Grimes

>the power of grimes
it's a pretty common theme: fans that didn't get her music right away, only to rediscover it later and fall in love with it

How does this make you feel.

Nothing. That's just a friend. It's her business anyway.

did you and him fall in love?

jesus christ, she's so ugly and manly

I actually just listened to her for the first time couple minutes ago (friend showed me the music video of Flesh without Blood)
immediately came to Sup Forums to check if you talk about her here

>just a friend
Oh sweet child

>Be me
>19
>At my house
>Randomly looki g for new music to listen to.
>Grimes California is recommended
>HOLYSHIET.jpeg
>It's good
>Listen to it for 2 days straight.
>Discover 'Kill v Maim'
>FuckMeThisBitchIsGood.jpeg
>Listen to both repeatedly for a week back to back.
>Decides to listen to the rest of her material
>Pic Related

t. retard

She's been with the same deadbeat guy for like 5 years
if she wanted to leave him she would have a long time ago

>if you talk about her here
Let's say she's the most discussed female artist on /mu for at least 5 years. The only female artist able to get 300+ threads almost daily.

Try Oblivion, Be a Body and Realiti next.

>Decides to listen to the rest of her material
>Pic Related
I don't understand: impressed or not?

>This is what he believes
Yeah nothing happened, totally. She is pure :^)

>grimes is extremely open about her sexuality and sexual history
>has said nothing about the guy in the picture
uh huh

>Found oblivion like 6 months ago
>I thought it was weird and for autists or something
>Listened to it again with an open mind and really got hooked
>listened to visions and liked it
>Listened to art angels and was blown away
>Been hooked ever since and fell in love with Halfaxa

What about Geidi Primes and Darkbloom?

it makes me feel good. claire looks super cute in that pic!

No.

I wish i could be that naive, enjoy it.

I like Darkbloom alot. Geidi Primes is still great just like it a little less than the others

ok

I'm actually baffled to hear that. So, songs like Oblivion, Realiti, Genesis, Weregild, Rosa, etc did nothing to you. That's like liking the appetizer and disliking the main course, the desert and the drinks. Such a shame.

Grimes is not artist of the decade, there are many others more deserving, if you think otherwise them I respect your opinion but disagree, hoping that you will see what I believe to be an error of your ways

I think shes inferior to the genre of the same name

Hahaha I kinda hate him desu. I'd constantly give him free rides when he didn't have a car, and loan him a few bucks for cigs and booze. My car broke down a few months ago and he got his own car, but we're both still poor as fuck and now he's in debt. He's an alright guy, but desu I really can't stand the way he talks about things he doesn't like. He sounds like an edgelord a lot of the time. At the same time, he got me into drugs and drinking, so I have a few good memories. Don't ask me why I'm telling you this. I'm just really bored.

Is it just me or did replying to specific posts not work all of a sudden?

I took your b8 so here's my response which you probably don't care about lol

Clearly won't last, and don't be infatuated with him because he's "such a rebel in your biting strict life" or "I'm doing big bad things to make up for a boring childhood"
It's not going to end up well, I speak as the guy who strung girls around after they did drugs with me, and found me "really awesome" and "chill af and not like other guys" when really I just needed a companion and a cum.

Is it just me or do you suck dick?

Grime the genre > Grimes

For sure. I've been distancing myself from him. It's been a month since we stopped drinking together. We used to drink during our shifts too. Luckily, he hasn't found any need to bother me for anything, and I'm planning to stay sober for the next month so I can get my shit together and move out of this state.
Thanks for the advice though. I really newd to hear more shit like that, since I'm so prone to avoiding people who I know would scold me.

Lol I never have. Why do you play these games, user? People don't actually get offended here. If you wanna offend people, go back to tumblr or reddit.

>there are many others more deserving,
Who? Be a man - name some names.

Another life tip, don't rush to move out of state so quickly. I personally never have, and who knows you might make it, but ALL the people I know who weren't in school while they were out of state, came right back home eventually.
You're clearly in a "finding out" stage of your life, and it's easier to find out if you are okay doing drugs by yourself or if you like giving blowjobs. Usually this is all easier when you're in a place with people you're familiar with, so when things don't work out, you're not struggling with your new life on top of everything.

Again, I'm an user, so do whatever the fuck you want with what I said. To 50% of people who lurk this thread, I just said dumb teen stuff.

>Saw the artwork and thought it was going to be a kickass japanese hardcore punk album
>Listened to it on a bus ride to Baltimore in the winter and it fit the moment.
>Just arriving in the city in the early morning hours and it snowing heavily and "Genesis" starts playing. It fit everything perfectly, more so when I stepped out into the frigid cold, nervous, and looking for a big red van to show up.

>idiot not realizing that will include himself

>grimes is extremely open about her sexuality and sexual history
What?

if she left he would kill himself, that should be blatantly obvious to anyone.

the fuck this grimes thread are weird

Yup. But then so is her music, and her personality and this whole damn thing really. Which is why it slowly grows on you and before you know it your brain is on fire and wanting more grimes shit because it's so bizarre.

Normal stuff gets boring really quickly. Weird shit is always weird and interesting and confusing so you never really get a chance to get bored of it.

her music is not just weird for the sake of it but it's actually catchy as fuck.

nothing

also why does she have to have the ugliest nose on this planet

I appreciate the advice, but I actually grew up in MN and moved to CT 2 years ago because of my parents splitting. I'm planning on moving to either MA or NY, which isn't too far. Ideally, I'd love to move back to MN, or even CA, but I'm trying to get certified in a trade before making a move that big.

It's just that CT is such a dead place. I mean, fucking Stanthony Blandtano's from here. I don't wanna end up like him lmao. Then again, Sam Hyde's from MA and he's all fucked up too haha.

No but forreal. I don't have a lot going for me here. I'm also used to having very few friends, so I've always been able to get out on my own. It's just a matter of time and money. I'd probably kill myself before sucking dick for cash though.

Nice. Why Baltimore?

see:

i wish i knew grimes she when looked like a pork chop, i would've loved her moreso

i wish grimey was my gf she's the perfect girl

I just discovered Genesis music video, like two years ago, became obsessed with her, watched all her interviews and then bought her entire discography.
Been in these threads every single day since then.

you're at this every day? i can't really blame you, she is very interesting and probably worth the obsession. she's simply irresistible.

i liek grimes

That's right.

i know she hates people being obsessed with her, but it's just the power and influence she has to inspire people. they can become attached to a very good thing.

she rocks my socks

Same LOL! I think we're being programmed!

I mean weird as in unorthodox. Very catchy yes.

How is she perfect? She was a drug addict.

Well, at least my life has a meaning now.

>was
And now she IS perfect.

She is NOT perfect. Nobody is perfect. Get a grip senpai.

It's just really hard not to fall in love with her.

Yes but why? Is it 'cause we're male and our biology is programming us to like her? I don't get it. It is hard to resist her charms.

I was doing good earlier this month... ignoring all this stuff and then I made the mistake of watching some grimes related thing that was linked in one of these threads... sucked RIGHT BACK IN! Dammit.

>Nobody is perfect.
Claire is not nobody, so I guess you are wrong.

If she were perfect she would NOT be human. So unless she's an alien...

Saturnian Goddess of Love.

i wish i could not be "in love" with her, you know what i mean? but at the same time the whole point is my being infatuated with her.

Cute but no dice. She's human. She wasn't immune to cold in Montreal. She gets sick. She needs to take calcium suppliments for her bone thing or whatever the fuck.

Not perfect. Human. A great human from what I know but I can never be sure because i'll never meet her. Oh well.

she makes me happy

thats sad, user

She makes a LOT of people happy.

You're probably not in "love" with her, just strong infatuation. Same for us all I suppose.

>listen to Grimes
>hey this is kind of ok

Your story is autistic as fuck op

Not OP, but is everything that you guys don't like, that other people like, autistic?

It's like a Meme, I get it. But it's fucking stupid.

be cause she's very flawed like a real people

yes, it often is

That was my point. She's human. We're all flawed.