Question;

Question;
Why is my sks retarded? And why all the hate on promag?
>use OEM fixed mag
>sks has Stovepiping issue like a champ
>failures to feed properly
>usually towards end of mag
>sometimes multiple times a mag
>get some promag 10 rounders
>they all worked flawlessly
>no miscarriages in 150 rounds between the 3 mags
>pleasantly surprised

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqH93C__dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no one cares dude

what

OP if you're still here how is the bullet this shoots different from a .308?

look just because everyone im good friends with have an obsessive understanding of the inner workings of a firearm does not mean i know a fucking thing about them except they go bang so i seriously cannot help you with your raifu

Could be a spring issue with the OEM mag, or a problem with the geometry of the feed lips. Personally I don't hate Promag, but I've personally experienced issues with their products. For example, I bought a three pack of mags for my H&K years ago, two of the mags performed flawlessly but one of the mags gives me FTF issues constantly. If you compare it to the other two, you can see that one side of the magazine is about two millimeters higher than the other side. That's just unacceptable. But for the price I can't really complain because that was back when the OEM mags were selling for $75 and I got the three pack for $40 (Clinton era).

They're pretty much the same, both are technically 7.62 but one is 7.62x39 and the other is 7.62x51.

Not OP, but as far as I'm aware, the 7.62x39 that the SKS uses is actually 0.311 caliber, while the larger 7.62x51 is actually 0.308 caliber

The "same" except for velocity, bullet weight and size case pressure, powder chrge, and cartridge dimensions. But other than that they're identical. Except for all the stuff that makes them different.

I already said it functioned flawlessly so why would I put more money into it by downgrading springs.

Well I know I can shoot both.

I didn't say you should.

Pewpewpew

My dad made this one for me. I think it turned out better than original.

Nice stock!

Those are the autists who originally called it retarded because muh history and muh tacticool, can't appreciate a good rifle for what it is.

ask /k/ this board is for traps

/k/ is full of total fucking dicks.

You're right, the SKS is a reliable and reasonably accurate firearm.

get the chink ctar 20 round fixed.

or just get an AKM.

But if you insist of being stupid with an SKS at least do it right.

He did ask /k/. We all made fun of him due to how retarded he is.

check the feed ramp if the bullet gets caught on it then polish it with mothers mag to even out the machine marks or take it to a smith to make the feed ramp flush. also check springs and replace them lighter tensions.

Is that a rear sight slapped onto the breech end?

What kind, where buy, how installed?

The ChiCom 20 round box is known to be NOT reliable.

Please don't tell me they are hk93 mags, I had to buy a bunch of promags for mine because nobody carries the HK steel in stock and I'm not paying $75.

HK USP 45.

Tech sights are superior to the old school so I had them installed.

the entire point of the SKS is to be cheep.

If you start adding expensive shit to it you are better off buying an AK variant or an AR.

My autistic stalker returns I see, fucking sperg. Do you go through all the rooms looking for me?

Ok, well hopefully the 93 mags work. Haven't had a chance to test yet, I got a bunch of cheap usp mags on eBay. 91 mags are dirt cheap it seems, wish the 93 was the same.

Yes

SKS
>more accurate than an AK with greater velocity due to increased barrel
SKS
>more reliable than an AR jamomatic
SKS
>cheaper than both AK and AR allowing for more training ammo
SKS
>wins

^^This.

Harassment is why tripfags should be mandatory.

I haven't bought a Promag product in over ten years, and I honestly haven't heard a lot of bitching about them on line in a very long time. And I have three Promag AK mags that work just fine.

>OP if you're still here how is the bullet this shoots different from a .308?

Night and day different. Ballistics and accuracy on the .308 are well above the AK round - and smash the pewny AK round to bits.

The only reason our military doesn't use it regularly is because the bullets are larger and heavier.

Jesus, could you be more wrong? Absolute moron. Citation needed

Not the guy you are posting to, but harassment is woven into Sup Forums like power lines to a house.

>more accurate

That depends more on the shooter then the gun.

They are both very comparable and most people will not notice the difference

>AR jamomatic

This is not M16's in nam annon. AR's are not prone to jams. its just a meme.

>cheeper then both

Yup. thats the point. Now when you buy your cheep gun and blow a few hundred on toys to put on it then its no longer cheep.

Dont get me wrong. the SKS is solid, cheep gun and if you can find a type 56 army, yugo or russian at a good price then get it. though you should avoid the made for export only chink ones.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqH93C__dk
bad idea those SKS bullpups

In an AK or SKS the group size at 300 yards will be measured in feet.

With almost any .308 platform you can do 3 inch groups without effort or experience.

Look it up yourself moron.

.308 is vastly superior. This is not the learning channel. It is what it is.

Who says, you? You obviously have no idea what your talking about. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

Jesus is imaginary, and your post is wrong to match it.
.308 is much more powerful, always has been, always will be. Difference is night and day.

Fine. You're not wrong with your opinion, it's just that I have 3 or 4 in the safe, next to the ARs, M1, etc.

Gotta have fun with 'em!

That's not the round, it's the rifle you idiot.

So says some moron on Sup Forums. Go tip your fedora somewhere else.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Dunno how you get "Stalker" when all I said is one line to you in the other thread. Then I see your faggot ass pic in catalog on Sup Forums. Kinda hard to call that stalking, specially when I was not even talking to you in this thread.

No wonder why ppl on /k/ make fun of your autistic ass.

Op is confirmed autist on multiple boards.

The difference is, one is OK, and one is outstanding and more useful for more things.

The .308 in any rifle is better, more powerful, more useful.

>more expensive too

Now, go back to sucking dicks.

Slightly heavier bullet, nearly a 1000fps faster than the 7.62x39

I'm not that user, but I gotta say that "better" and "useful" depend on the circumstances and the rifle setup. L

The answer is a lot more simple than you're thinking.
Try a new spring in the magazine, try a factory fresh recoil spring - yours is probably bent to shit and has had 405590.22 rounds put through it.
I'm a tech at a "boutique" ammo factory, fite me

>I'm a tech at a "boutique" ammo factory, fite me

Cash me ousside, howbowdah.

So I spend money for no fucking reason because yet another annon told me to, brilliant idea. My current detachable magazines work FLAWLESSLY yet I'll replace them with substandard and expensive government surplus just to please you.

*describes every sks ever.* Yeah dude that's normal.

Away to /k/ you fucking gay.

Maybe you should stop being retarded? You autistic fuck.

Spend the $6 at a gun show or throw it away. Your choice. No need to be a bitch about it.

Did I say surplus? No I said a a factory fresh, meaning new recoil spring. If you buy a surplus rifle it is a good idea to put NEW springs in it, regardless of what the fuck you have taught yourself online.
If your stock mag doesnt work and you like promag, fuck the stock mag and throw it away.
Yoour stovepiping is happening because your bolt is out of time, getting cockeyed from a bent to shit spring, or moving too fast. Dick

/k/ doesn't want his autistic ass.
OP has now been called autistic.
On multiple boards.
By multiple people.
Now in multiple threads.

Reminds me of a say "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

Just because it isn't issued anymore doesn't mean it isn't technically better when all the possible aftermarket hardware is added. As I said earlier, higher velocity, reliability, and cost effectiveness.

Whatever

Just so I'm also doubly clear
A recoil spring is the thing that slows your bolt down to time the system going rearward and forward ITS NOT JUST FOR RECOIL
the magazine spring is the leaf spring in your magazine, which leaf springs are notorious for becoming weak over time in nearly any environment of operation
I study ballistics, ammo, and firearms for a living. Spend $14 to try out my suggestion or not, it's up to you

You study firearms and you call a magazine spring a leaf spring? The fuck are you on about? Do you even know what a leaf spring is?

Of course you'd say that you lil bitch.

wew lad, someone sure is butthurt on Sup Forums today..

That is a classic bitch response, TBH.

Rather be called butthurt, than to be called autistic from multiple ppl, on multiple boards, in multiple threads.

That's cool, you keep being the autistic loser that you are, kek.

Any way OP, come back to /k/ when you can actually take some criticism, not get so buttblasted when ppl actually offer you legit advice. That's why we all made fun of you, you stupid nigger.

I have a fun SKS. It's a roll of a 10 sider as to how many rounds fire per trigger pull