Gimme more amazing ambient albums please...

Gimme more amazing ambient albums please. Already listened the fuck out of Stars of the Lid's And Their Refinement of the Decline and Tired Sounds as well as most Grouper.
Pls no Gas.

Other urls found in this thread:

byla.bandcamp.com/album/byla
byla.bandcamp.com/album/viscera
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kyle bobby dunn - a young person's guide to kyle bobby dunn
hoedh - hymnvs
pospulenn - sun people sleepwalker (on the folkier side)
susumu yokota - sakura
the dead texan - s/t

thanks so much, gonna get crackin at this list

Julianna Barwick
-Either Magic Place or Nepethene

I think Grinning Cat is Susumu Yokota's best work, if you end up not caring for Sakura

Nonkeen - The Gamble
Amazing jazzy post-rocky ambient with lots of keyboards

windy & carl
flying saucer attack
apparat
aspidistrafly
clear horizon
noveller
lovesliescrushing
tiny vipers
mirroring (collab between grouper/tiny vipers)
secret pyramid

also seconding julianna barwick as well as the dead texan from the other anons' posts

Byla is a super underrated ambient group featuring Colin Marston and Kevin Hufnagel. Great use of production, some beautiful acoustic guitar parts. I think these guys are great and I don't see them mentioned super often.

half of these aren't ambient you shill

William Basinski - Silent Night
William Basinski - Watermusic II
Biosphere - Substrata
Robert Rich - Atlas Dei
Robert Rich - End of All Things

aw come on, which ones aren't?

If you don't mind going minimal I highly recommend Celer. Pic related is Dying Star. Highly, highly, recommended

check Jon Hassel, Brian Eno and Harold Budd

They also did an album with Jarboe of Swans fame entitled Viscera. There are two types of tracks on this album. The first is a wall-of-noise style of guitar playing where the instruments are played very quickly and heavily distorted. This is a personal favorite style of ambient for me.

byla.bandcamp.com/album/byla
byla.bandcamp.com/album/viscera

Here are both of their albums. Highlights for me are the stretch from Passage to the Center to pretty much the end of the album, and in Viscera probably the first three tracks.

Damn, this is cool. Reminds me of super-unintelligible black metal, never knew Colin Marston did this kind of music

A band that does a similar style of wall of noise ambient to me is Velvet Cacoon. Their style fuses black metal with ambient metal so it might not be to everyone's taste. I personally really enjoy the repetitive and medium-paced drums and guitars on this album, I find it has a hypnotic effect. Northsuite is available on Spotify. It's a compilation album and it's actually quite good. Chapelflames and Salts & Ashes are particular highlights for me.

Genevieve is also a great album but it's a bit harder to find. The opener is fantastic. These guys help me fall asleep.

I wish I could find more in that style. Velvet Cacoon like I said has a similar effect on so you might enjoy them as well. Byla deserves to be more well known, I think their production is some of the best I've heard in ambient music.

Absolute classics. I've never heard anything like the effect on Jon Hassell's trumpet. I'd be interested in finding more alien-sounding music like that .

seconding windy & carl

seems like the place to ask. could someone please give me a list of relatively small ambient/experimental labels? putting out an album soon and wouldn't mind sending it to some people. also, I need to find new music

I like this stuff

Lawrence English and Fourcolor