Need technical help here

Need technical help here.
Why is my VGA to HDMI adapter not detecting any video?

Tried 2 sources with same results. Is my monitor the issue? It's not that new but not that old

Is it plugged in

it is plugged in... thanks /b

Have you tried multiple sources

Have you tried not being retarded

if it is HDMI source to VGA display it may not support HDCP...

It's a HDMI to VGA newfag

What are you connecting?

I had the same problem but with a DVI instead of VGA, Something was wrong but still have no idea what the problem was, i ended up buying a DVI to HDMI cable instead of an adapter, worked perfect ever since

How tech savvy are you? and did you buy the adapter from china?

Some adaptors just do not work on windows 10 with direct view (the driver installed) try and install a windows 8 64bit driver as I had it work in the past. But yeah hdmi to vga is not good, does your monitor have any other output?

most of those adapters need power

Did this adapter ever work ?

Some can not even work, it need to do actual signal conversion, some shitty chinese brand just don't give a fuck and put an HDMI port on a side, a VGA on the other, and call it a go.

The dreaded System 32 file again...
I thought everyone on Sup Forums knew to get rid of that virus

6666 get

6666 now

True, this happened to me a while back, I was retarded and didn't buy the right kind.

VGA > HDMI doesnt work unless its an active converter.

Since tech support is awake on Sup Forums, can anyone help me with my 65" sony TV it just flat out stopped working one day from being on to death.

Put a new fuse in, tested the socket and all that...
It literally just got out of warrenty and they want at least $240 minimum to look at it
> feeling like they are jew-ing me out of cash that is a simple/standard fix.

Anyone?

As far as I know vga to hdmi wont work with a normal adapter, because vga=analog and hdmi= digital signal. You'll need a Converter. Some Laptops can switch between normal Hdmi and analogous output, with that you can use a hdmi to vga adapter without a converter.

>take adapter
>put in bumhole
>buy new monitor

you is welcome

some of these only work from hdmi to vga btw

Did you have any power surges before it stopped working? Something on the tv might of blew

So close....

put it on a soft surface like your bed, open the case and look for capacitors that are bulging. its usualy just a dead capacitor you have to replace and it will cost you 50cents

What OS?
What graphics card?
What graphics driver?
What resolution is the monitor/projector/tv have?
What HDMI standard does the monitor/projector/tv have?

I've missed you buddy.

Google your tv + problem + "solved"

That helped me on my vizio.

What the fuck kind of obsolete equipment are you trying to connect with that silly adapter?

you probably bought the opposite signal direction. Yes it matters whether it is hdmi to vga or vga to hdmi

No, all the power was fine, even the other things connected to the socket (dvd player and such) where fine.

LOL do you think you can magically convert VGA to HDMI with a shitty converter? the fuck?

Could you show me a picture of what it might look like? if you/anyone can help me fix this ill be so greatful, I'm a poorbro and the TV was a gift, My family loves it and I feel like a dick for barely being able to afford to repair it / being too dumb.

Because you touch yourself at night.

Whats the model of the TV?

Sony: KD 65x9005a

Have you tried spreading peanut butter on your internet vent?

>Sony: KD 65x9005a
Nice, Have you tried another power cable? any signs of life such as LED lights or beeps?

Good luck with your problems you stupid fuck. How about just waiting to afford a regular graphics card instead of some ass gravy card that you found in your parent's basement

>signs of life
No signs of life, no lights or anything even after leaving it unplugged for awhile.

I haven't tried to change the power cable but that will be my first attempt.

> nice
Thanks, it was sent as a gift to me since I mentioned in passing to a family member "we don't even have a TV" when they asked my kid what cartoons they like.

Don't you 404 on me thread!

I hope its just the power cable and an easy fix.I need to jump off but good luck and if it goes to hell and you need to get ride of it See if there is a good will around your area. They have a deal with Dell computers that will help recycle electronics for free.

Do you have a throw away e-mail I can add to message in a few days after I try the cable? Would mean a lot Sup Forumsro.

Here you go [email protected]

Thanks Sup Forumsro.

There is no such thing as HDMI to VGA. it will never work. Upgrade your monitor newfag

Having fixed a few Sony Bravia's, they don't generally have the bad cap problem lesser brands have. However, 90% of the time you will either have to replace the power board or the main board. These can be found on E-Bay and you can change them yourself if you're not too retarded.

Good luck bud

this

>2012
>being a cuck
Kek you have no idea what you're talking about.

Probably an analogue signal as opposed to a digital. HDMI is only digital. How old is your screen?