Nimrod

DO YOU HAVE THE TIME

this

NO KRUMPF

NO KKK

NO FASCIST USA

>still thinking it's edgy to shit on green day

this.

When they started unironically wearing eyeliner and acted gay af to appeal to the Hot Topic tweens

what video is that gif from?
i recognize that station?

after american idiot they didnt realize that emo had died and made some derivative american idiot crap, really they should have made a folk punk album

I just still don't understand why Green Day aren't Irish

>be "anti-authority"

>fight against the first modern President to ever have to fight the elite members of both parties (including his own) to win via populist rhetoric, while at the same time shilling for a rich woman who is part of a political dynasty

Are there any real punk bands left? DK being used to attack Trump supporters angers the fuck out of me, especially when they use a song specifically attacking literal Neo-Nazis who were taking DK's Holocaust references and satirical racist terms at face value.

When they tried to write political lyrics.

>WELL MAYBE I'M THE FAGGOT AMERICA
>I'M NOT A PART OF A REDNECK AGENDA
>NOW EVERYBODY DO THE PARANOIA

Get it? Because republicans are homophobic rednecks who are paranoid! Ha ha and he like hates them and stuff haha :D

Fuck off.

"When I Come Around"

I can't believe you actually typed that second line earnestly, like at what point do you step out of your echo-chamber and realize Trump doesn't give a shit about all the "drain the swamp"/anti-establishment shit he talked about to trick idiots (like you) into supporting him?

Like not even saying that from a leftist point of view, he's just shitting on the entire population.

nice try shlomo, go shill on r/the_donald or something cuck

>anti authoritarian band
>"why are they protesting a populist waaahhh they must be cucks!!"

are you capable of rational thought or do you just spout useless Sup Forums memes because you have nothing noteworthy to say

>Where did they go right?
ftfy, boring band gets more ambitious with time and everyone hates it. will never understand this.

Tfcxcv vv

When they got hubris following the success of American Idiot

It was a nice look for them to be honest family

Remember when Green Day Man kissed a fan(male) or the time they broke their guitars on stage?

They're so punk!

Didn't Billie Joe once write a song about a girl he liked bullying him when he was a teenager?

Green Day has always been a pussy band (a "Green Day" sticker can be cut up and rearranged to read "gay nerd")

nothing ever went right. They always sucked even in their indie days.

When they decided to drop the punk aspect to there music is where they went wrong.

1,039 - Warning era is good stuff.

TO LISTEN TO ME WHINE

I agree. Warning gets too much shit, but i think it's quite good

LOL BUSH

Obama was the most authoritarian president we've ever had, and yet Green Day supported him publicly. They literally passed laws so that he could bypass Congress and give himself power to pass any law he wanted. At least, Trump's executive orders are blocked by courts.

Don't talk about politics if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

John Lydon is pretty old now, but he fits the bill.
He supported Brexit and Trump because he felt they would help the working class

they were always meant to only release only one or two good albums- it was just the nature of the kind of music they played
this- few men can pull off eyeliner and not look like a faggot

yup

American Idiot. That whole era and everything after has been a masterclass on "going wrong."

Tbh, OP...they really haven't. Things started feeling stale when they tried to repeat the rock opera for 21st Century Breakdown, but there's a regular ~39min Green Day album's worth of good material there. The same can even be said for their Trilogy lowpoint. The new album *sounded* laughable at first, but given their age on top of coming back from such failure, it's actually alright

Wait what, that's their best album by far??

This is the only cringe-y thing, really. This & the double-tap of "Say Goodbye"/"Troubled Times"

Right after 21st Century Breakdown. Also somewhere in the middle of their "older" style.

How long can they beat the fuck out of power chords?

It's just gone on too long.

With rare exception, bands should just stop after 6 or 7 albums.