/mlb/

Hail to the king baby edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PH9flXdnQAE?t=1m46s
sportsmockery.com/2016/11/white-sox-address-trading-chris-sale-cubs/
m.cubs.mlb.com/news/article/209881208/jon-jay-agrees-to-one-year-contract-with-cubs/?partnerId=as_chc_20161130_68349236&adbid=10154526706435659&adbpl=fb&adbpr=30530605658
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good thread

>Mikey F, what's up baby?
What did he mean by this?

youtu.be/PH9flXdnQAE?t=1m46s

>The Who
>Being so butthurt that Da Cubs are Chicago's Baseball team that they refuse to do any trades with them.
sportsmockery.com/2016/11/white-sox-address-trading-chris-sale-cubs/

Any real Who's fan should be praying for Reinsdorf to die soon so they can get owned by a someone who cares, and by that I mean get the league's approval to move them to Montreal.

hail to the king

He only like when you call him "bro"
I'm Mike in New Haven by the way.

>A game against the Cubs in fighting game form.

>Dat hit confirm

>Cubs sign outfielder Jon Jay to 1-year contract
m.cubs.mlb.com/news/article/209881208/jon-jay-agrees-to-one-year-contract-with-cubs/?partnerId=as_chc_20161130_68349236&adbid=10154526706435659&adbpl=fb&adbpr=30530605658

Royals

Where my Mets fans at?

WE GOT 'EM!

>inb4 dies in a boat crash

Now is the time to move Bruce and TdA to find a veteran solution at the catching position.

Mets can't go into next season with David Wright having a designated position. So Reyes is 3B, Cab SS, Walker 2B, and Wright at 1B with Flores to be a utility infielder, and maybe get Kelly on the bench. I'd be fine having Duda as a trade piece. Reynolds should also be on the bench.

Outfield should be Ces in Left, a combo of Legs/Forto in Center, and Grandy starting everyday in Right. Forto can slot over to Left when Ces inevitable sits out 15 days due to a hip injury. You also have Nimmo off the bench maybe.

I assume Familabeater is gonna miss some time serving a ban. They need to go get bullpen help. I don't know if that means Reed becomes your closer, or you find another closer. We've got 7 starters right now in Harvey, deGrom, Synd, Matz, Wheeler, Gsellman, and Lugo but you can't expect all of them to stay healthy so all might get starting time this season. Everything hinges on the rotation staying healthy and productive.

Overall I'm significantly less suicidal than I was yesterday. Let's Go Mets!

I know they'll still disappoint me.

>Where my Mets fans at?
That's what everyone was wondering all year

What does that even mean? I'm a season ticket holder and the place was packed (most of the season).

Why the fuck do we need another outfielder? That's the one area we're solid on.

>jays are pushing for jay bruce

Get Carter on the line, and start inking up a deal for Trumbo. We're gonna make the 2016 Orioles look like a light drizzle.

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
>tfw no old/fat

jeopardy time

do the jays have any good relievers or infielders?

Would you like Bruce + d'Arnaud for Russell Martin? What would it take to sweeten the pot? Do you need a heavy hitting 1B?

Was one of them palmero?

tulo

Who is Nelson Cruz and......?????

You're going to regret that

no, I don't believe Raffy ever hit 50

nope

churles?

chris davis?
what's his contract situation

Dolan, Tulo, Travis (if not ded), Smoak (really he's good guys please trade anything for him)

not sure who you mean, but I don't think so

Chris Davis is one of them. the other is retired

smdh at no one getting the other one yet. It's Brady Anderson

Chris Davis, Brady Anderson (NEVER PROVEN)

>good relievers

kek

>good infielders

tulo and martin are both elite defensively thought their offense seems to be sputtering a bit over the last couple years. both have massive contracts tying them down to like 2020 or beyond iirc

bruce and d'arnaud + for martin might not be entirely terrible. also literally anyone is better than smoak though I'm still holding out for EE

I kinda love russGOD though

correctamundo.

tfw collapse incoming

wouldn't mind getting martin or tulo, but those contracts probably won't make it too likely
casey stengel

maddon seems too easy

I got an M's fan for my reddit secret santa thing what should I give him

Casey Stengel?

you have to go back and stay back

>hall of famer

ayy

an entire video of Roger Clemens' first 20-K game

That has to be it.

One of those cheap plastic rings you get in 25 cent machine

>2016
>not going back and forth between /MLB/ and r/baseball 14 hours a day

ICYDK stengel managed the 1962 Mets with the worst and multiple Yankee teams with the best records

>any year
>ever going to reddit
>being proud of it

Brady Anderson was one.

There ain't no stoppin us now

We celebrate on the floor

Top down, we're ready to go

To all the people across every nation

Turn it up, and give me some more

Top down, we're ready to go (we ready to go)

(Turn it up, turn it up, turn it up, more)
There ain't no stoppin'

There aint no way (way way way)

Turn it up, no stopping us

There ain't no way, there ain't now
There ain't no stoppin'

Top down, we're ready to go (we ready to go)

(Turn it up, turn it up, turn it up, more)
There ain't no stoppin'

There ain't no stoppin'

Top down, we're ready to go (there ain't no way, there ain't no way now)

Russ would be the perfect fit for the Mets. We really need a veteran catcher to handle this young pitching staff. Plus, both these teams are separated by division and league so they would be good trade partners. TdA was a Jays prospect. Bruce is a proven HR hitter who might feel more comfortable in Toronto than NY where the media has shit all over him. This would be my dream deal this off season after signing Cespedes. Both TdA and Bruce can hit and hit heavy, despite their slumps last year.

yep, been answered tho, fampai
see

Not proud, it's just where I find out about baseball stuff, and then I post here and there

No need to be so edgy leaf, it's just a website like any website

I see that. I snoozed on it. Nothing to see here. Move along.
>slowpoke.jpg

I guess it's true, I just can't handle the posting style

still though

>openly admitting to being a newfag and a redditor

this place has changed

If you ask me, we're building the wall on the wrong border.

yeah but it's going to be hard to pry our only elite catcher out of our hands when we don't even have a back up currently, in exchange for an anemic corner outfielder and a borderline backup catcher

gon have to sweeten it considerably. and at the end of the day I don't even know if martin's replaceable as a canadian boy and an elite framer with some proven power. that's a big pillar of them team gone (assuming he doesn't decline into mediocrity)

I'm not admitting to being a newfag though. I've only been here for about a year and a half though

I hate Reddit too but just say whatever and put people in their place for being stupid and it's the same shit as here really. You don't need to act like a fucking idiot like most of those people do over there

Baseball reddit is OK. They sift through twitter and show me the important shit. Their jokes are shit (dae le bartolo) and I can't stand posting there, but for just a general overview of information it's alright

>I'm not admitting to being a newfag though. I've only been here for about a year and a half though

guy we get it

bro

you can't just openly admit that shit

that or we might as well all go to reddit because this place is faggoty and dead

did you miss Dexter Fowler being a FA and Almora not being a reliable hitter yet?

>I'm not admitting to being a newfag though. I've only been here for about a year and a half though

I got a chubby for that cubbie

K, I mean I didn't admit to it

I've been coming here longer than r/baseball though

Also I openly admit to posting in game threads there instead of here. Game threads here are actual literal cancer

>giving CesPEDes the HoF level AAV $$$$ when he's a meme hitter and shit defender

what did the NYMemes mean by this

>we might as well all go to reddit because this place is faggoty and dead

That's what I'm saying, if you just be you and not be "Reddit" there, then it's fine

when will people realize Duda is good. do you think we're getting encarnacion? he'll protect cespedes or vice versa. i'm thinking we package bruce/nimmo/lugo/prospects for frazier/robertson. once familia(least fav player on mets) comes back, bullpen will be solid asf.

if the rotation stays healthy and offense does its job, mets could easily win NLE and 97 games. good pitching is sooo underrated.

>meme hitter

What does this even mean? He hits in the upper .200s and gives you around 35 dingers in a full season

I regret nothing

I always feel like a newfag cause I started wasting my life in this shithole circa 2009 but I forget just how many fucktons of extremely new reddit transplants there are these days

martin has 60m left and he's on the wrong side of 30. BJ's would have to eat a large amount of contract for that to happen. besides, im sure they don't want to get rid of another big piece of their offense(lord knows they've lost enough already.)

>shit defender
>arguably best OF arm in the entire league
next you'll be telling me Dave Parker and Dwight Evans were shit players

We /Gentrification/ now

i mean he's kind of an idiot sometimes and he's not a "plus" defender, but he's not a shit one
that entire post is terrible though

pretty shitty blog faggot

Duda is good. He's one of the better 1Bs in the game. I just don't think he fits on the Mets. We don't need him. He's a good trade piece we can use in a package to get a catcher. I like Duda. We just don't need him.

He was rated for -20 runs in CF according to UZR but +10 runs in LF. Looks like he just needs to avoid CF, which turns him into Matt Kemp.

>>arguably best OF arm in the entire league
yes that's reflected well in his gold glove. oh wait.

Does this look like a man who would do steroids?

that's the spirit

that dude got crumpled

Seems more the amphetamine type desu

Are the Mets the new Dodgers? Tons of talent and money wasted on a go-nowhere squad with an extremely fairweather fanbase?

Team needs
CF or SS
Catcher
Closer
Bullpen

Resigns
Starter coming off a bad year
Pinch hitter

I dunno. Ask Texas.

this lol

>Wright to first
They need to protect his back. He is still an above average hitter.
>Trade Bruce
Cespy and Conforto in the corners. Granderson was a decent CF. Conforto needs a full season. And Bruce was utter cancer all year.
>trade TdA
He cant do shit. He as occasional pop, but fucker goes .200 with 10HRs 20 RBIs, and he throws out 1% of runners.

When are the Phils going to bring Trout back home fampai?

ok. Texas, does this look like a man who would use steroids?

Balls, we have Schzer

dodgers consecutive playoff trips without a world series appearance: 10
mets consecutive playoff trips without a world series appearance: 1

Very soon, we're assembling a package as we speak to make an offer.

Let's be honest, the Angels are stuck in perma-mediocrity, and we got a ton of prospects. It would be perfect and Trout would finally have good pitching around him.

>Gold Gloves meaning jack
Jeff Francouer and Rick Ankiel had GOAT-tier arms too and won a single GG between them. For OFers, it's always the best hitters with a shade of above-average fielding potential

>mets late season collapses: too many to count

One championship in 108 years and all of a sudden all the cusb fans get cocky.

>dodgers consecutive playoff trips without a world series appearance: 10
what the fuck is wrong with the dodgers
the royals managed it 2 consecutive times
so did the cubs
even the fucking rags

>Trout would finally have good pitching around him.

If the media sucked your team's cock 24/7 you'd be cocky too

the injuns will never be forgiven for that chokejob. though there was definitely some wild voodoo in play that night

>jay bruce
>struggling hitter with now defense whose value is entirely based on hitting dingers with a low avg, would cost a prospect and be around for 1 season

>dexter fowler
>good defender, left handed bat, hits for avg, speed on the bases, wouldnt cost any prospect and whose value would age gracefully and still have trade value in the final year of his deal

rogers i am begging you, on my hands and knees, please just fucking please dont be a cheap cunt this one time.

how does he not "fit" on the mets. he hits and plays above average defense. and yes, we do need him. we don't have any rbi/slugging machines besides cespedes. his trade value is also low af because he was injured the whole year. it doesn't make sense to trade him for a catcher. flores playing at 1B full time is kinda sus. bottom line is that mets management will never trade duda, at least until smith gets called up

They play in a division where they can make the playoffs no matter how bad they are.

>get trade raped and spend all your money on your shiny new top 2 pitchers
>30'th of 30