Which one is their masterpiece?

Which one is their masterpiece?

Sailing The Seas of Cheese

Both.

>not Pork Soda
I know this is bait but stop being a pleb

Tool is overrated dude weed lmao tier highschool pseudo-intellectual trite. And you should feel bad for liking them.

Shut up lmao

10,000 days

Undertow

Lateralus cause it has less fillers. The Grudge is their best song ever written.

They can't help that their fanbase is like that.

Has it's moments but nah.

no

This.

Honestly, though, trying to rank Undertow, Aenima, and Lateralus is like trying to rank Kill 'em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice For All.

They're all fucking phenomenal albums.

Cut most interludes on Aenima and you got a 10/10

Ænima>Opiate>10,000 Days>Lateralus=Undertow>Salival

>Lateralus cause it has less fillers
it's a common complaint that Ænima has too much filler. I don't see it as a flaw, the ambiance on tracks like Useful Idiot and Message to Harry Manback add so much to the overall experience of the album, and Der Eir von Satan is just fucking cool

neither

>Using an adjective thinking it's a noun

Can we dispel the fiction that short instrumental tracks are by definition "filler"?

Filler are just tracks to fill up an album.
They are usually shitty album songs by a singles artist because an album needs to be over 30 minutes rather than just 6.
If we took all the "filler" tracks out of Aenima it would still be album length, they didn't just slap them in to fill time, they didn't need to fill time. They are part of the album, that is part of their artistic design.

this, the album would not be the same without them

Yup. There is zero legitimate filler on Aenima.

>Tool
>dude weed lmao
Are you retarded? Don't answer that, it's obviously "yes".

Actually Tool is dude lsd lmao core.

>Actually Tool is dude dmt lmao core.
ftfy

Undertow: 7/10
Aenima: 5/10
Lateralus: 7/10
10000 Days: 7/10

Lateralus is better than Aenima
Lateralus has 52 minutes and 40 seconds of good music (this excludes the bad music: The Grudge, Schism, Ticks & Leeches, and Faaip De Oiad)
Aenima has 42 minutes and 12 seconds of good music (this excludes the bad music: Stinkfist, Eulogy, Useful Idiot, Message to Harry Manback, Die Eier Von Satan, Cesaro Summability, Aenima, (-) Ions)

Their music is like that too, not just their fanbase.

Lat is def their best, the cycling rhythms is everything

their fans are like that because tool made them that way, get fucked. pitchfork has always been right about this band.

why are you in this thread then? stop being an asshole and just hide it like everyone does with those terrible kpop threads

>The Grudge
that's their single best song

no

Their music isn't that serious all the time actually. Stuff like Hooker with a penis or Rosetta Stoned has a lot of irony and humor in them.
> pitchfork has always been right
Go read pitchfork then

What's the best Tool song?
My vote goes to Jambi or Wings pt. 2

>Schism
>The Grudge
>Stinkfist
>bad

If I had to make a top 5 list right now:
Stinkfist, Forty Six & 2, The Grudge, Schism, Jambi

no, at this point Tool is more of a band for people who think other Tool fans are embarrassing but like their music than for those certain Tool fans
but really though if a band manages to acquire fans that are so obsessive you don't think there must be something unique and worthwhile about them?

>nowadays
Lateralus > Aenima >Undertow >10,000 Days

>at first
Aenima > Lateralus > 10,000 Days > Undertow

Overall Lateralus is better due to the tracks working better with one another, and the album allows for more free interpretation

>Message to Harry Manback
>Bad
You think you're cool right ?

>Pitchfork
>Right about anything

The stuff that takes itself too seriously far outnumbers the lighter, more humorous and tongue-in-cheek moments.

well they have to take it seriously because it's like their job

No order

You Lied
Schism
The Grudge
Parabola
Vicarious

Has anyone in here discovered Problem 8 yet??

Lateralus is cringey as fuck to me now, but the performances on it are pretty solid, so I still fux with it

Aenima has a better opener, better sound, better concept, better everything

xD

Top 3 for me would be The Grudge, Jambi, and No Quarter

>not frizzle fry
nigger what

Aenema just because of Third Eye

i fucking hate shitty psychedelic "dropped acid once and is one with the fractals of the universe" shit art like that
FUCK

>not suck on this
Come on now.

Who cares what you think their audience is, their music is nice. That's all that matters.

>not Tales from the PunchBowl
stay mad faggot

>Grudge
>Schism
>Ticks and Leeches

>>>>FUCKIMG SCHISM
>bad

Wew lad

Aenima has great first third and last third but the middle is like Undertow leftovers(Jimmy, Hooker with a Penis, Pushit)
So I'm going to have to go with Lateralus

I've avoided tool all my life. Don't think I've heard a single song by them. Am I missing out at all honestly?

Pushit is one of their best songs.

I don't know.

Parabol & Parabola
Sober
The Patient
Aenima
Rosetta Stoned

lateralus

10000 days is by far the best tool álbum.

>(this excludes the bad music: The Grudge, Schism, Ticks & Leeches
anger and uncontrollable disgust

tool is prog melvins with african rhythms

no seriously though, "seriousness" is just an aesthetic, image-based concern. so many artists with a jokey aesthetic take their music damn serious as a craft and profession, or the other way round. if you whip that "criticism" out you're outing yourself as a poser

I don't know either.

patrician detected

if you like intricate drum patterns with a wonky groove then yes
otherwise neh

Eulogy

10,000 days because I grew up with it.

Opiate
Sober
The Pot
Third Eye
Schism

>this excludes the bad music: The Grudge, Schism
>Stinkfist, Eulogy, Useful Idiot, Message to Harry Manback, Die Eier Von Satan
>Aenima, (-) Ions
>the bad music
>bad music
>bad

Ænima > 10,000 days = undertow > lateralus

>tfw I use to actually feel this way about Tool and Porcupine Tree until I actually sat down and listened to them

>if you don't think drugs have done anything good then I want you to go home and take all your CDs and all your tapes and burn 'em. because those musicians who created that great music that's enhanced your lives over the years: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReal fuckin' high on drugs
fuck I love Bill Hicks