If the multiverse theory is true, doesn't that mean there is a universe where Rick and Morty is real...

If the multiverse theory is true, doesn't that mean there is a universe where Rick and Morty is real? Can rick just come and fuck our universe up anytime?

"Many worlds interpretation" of quantum mechanics sounds better, but it's the same thing.

But no, in the many worlds, anything that is possible, no matter how improbable, is assured to have happened.

But there's no reality where the impossible happens.

the full episode
t.co/oqg5hghrCv

....you realize its a cartoon right.

you know you cant be underage on Sup Forums right?

How about a reality where multiple realities don't exist?

It doesn't matter weather or not there is a multiverse, because we're permanently stuck in this one anyway. I really don't like these pseudo-intellectual thought experiments since they have no influence on daily life anyway. Almost as bad as the "whoa dude what if the red I see, is actually blue in your world. Whoaaa maaaan". Like, fuck off. Colours are wavelengths and we all have the same receptors in our retina apart from the people who have colour blindness. Fucking hippies don't know shit about science, evolution, genes, evolution or physics. Don't get me started on perpetual motion devices either. had a friend who couldn't even comprehend the preservation of energy principle. it's 2017, we're at the peak of knowledge ever. Yet there will never be a limit for human stupidity.

That's possible too.
If there's no inter-universal interaction that universe gets involved in, then as far as that universe is concerned it's the only one.

No, but there is a universe exactly like the Rick and Morty that we watch according to the theory. Now the Rick's only have access to a certain number of universes and he knows this. It's called the finite curve and the council of Rick's use the term in the one episode. This would make sense as a portal gun could not contain an infinite number of addresses.
We are most likely not in that finite curve.

that actually makes sense

9/10

Yeah that is true. But you are underestimating the value of infinite.

If many worlds theory was true there would be a dimenson where multi-dimensional travel was invented and they found our dimension already, which obviously hasn't happened.

I don't think you understand at all. There's no reason we couldn't interact with parallel 3 dimensional universes, and in fact there is proof that some would overlap

Additionally one of the reasons why each of the universes in Rick and Morty are mirrors of each other is because that universe has an infinite value.

To break out of a infinite bubble into another infinite bubble makes it pretty well impossible.

I'd love to see your proof. I'm desperate for evidence, really.

Unless multidimensional travel is impossible which it could be

Not my fault you don't into current modern science dude

You're retarded and I want you to remember that.

I'm asking for links user. Please enlighten me. Haven't read up on quantum in years, just wondering what the developments are.

>>If the multiverse theory is true, doesn't that mean there is a universe where Rick and Morty is real?

yes

>>Can rick just come and fuck our universe up anytime?

he already has

the thing about R&M is there is a time-loop and logic-loop concerning both of them

even worse, is they are most likely the same person

If there's an infinite number of dimensions, then only a small (but infinite) fraction of those would have discovered ways to interact with other dimensions, ranging from small interactions to full on portal guns and beyond. We could be in one of the infinity of universes that might never be interacted with, very slightly interacted with, interacted with in secret... there's really an infinity of possibilities in which it is possible but we never know.

If the show's premise is "nihilism was right", why is our Rick the "Rickest Rick"?

ITT: Idiots taking their "knowledge" from some wannabe intellectual show. Might as well quote The Big Bang Theory on your final exams, fucking retards.

Quantum is nothing but a bunch of quacks

Where's it said that that is the premise and also how is that even related to a society's claims

Infinite UNIVERSES

ie different versions of the same universe we occupy

The key here is that they're identical in physical laws, the only difference is the outcome of coin flips (on a subatomic level)

No, the infinite multiverse theory is flawed.

It implies that there are an infinite amount of universes: which means there are an infinite amount of universes that will find interdimensional/intermultiversal travel. This would mean that in every spot in every variant of every multiverse there would be an infinite amount of things that figured out how to travel to other multiverses, and since there are infinite possibilities, these multiverse travellers would inevitably end up filling every single inch of every single multiverse.

done

No. Infinity means there are both infinite possibilities as well as impossibilities. That is true infinity. People are so simple minded.

"many worlds" actually retains the same mathematical preconditions for each universe.

So.. no.

Wubbalubbadubdub bitch

Liv? Hva faen gjør du her?

thats sort of a genius proof. i dont know if youve got the right definition of the theory, though. I could be wrong, i havent done much digging on something so stupid

...but hey, isn't there at least a tiny possibilty that in some reality some random laid-back grandpa just happened to invent interdimensional portal-gun, and he takes his grandson on some weird and wacky adventures through space? And those two just happen to be named Rick and Morty?

there are universes that havent been explored or been contacted by others

how do you know that isnt our universe

yes that is what otherkins believe

No.

if you have a hallway that is infinitely long and you start at the second door and open every door into infinity, you'll still never open door number 1.

likewise, the possibility of a reality where other realities dont exist is paradoxically impossible.

Yes, if it is possible to jump between dimensions with such ease that is.

There are an infinite number of numbers between 1 and 2, but none of those numbers will ever be 1 or 2 or 3.

Calm down buddy. You didn't know everything from day one either. let people find this stuff out and get disappointed just like you did. no need to be a dick about it.