10 Systole
11 Sky Took Hold

urban outfitters instore playlist circa 2009

Panda Bear - Painting with ruins

UN

DER

WELL

this

no other band is as predictable as these guys, right down to the fucking song titles

MING

three rings was pretty good but this one is disappointing. wish they'd just go back to their yellow house sound

Daniel Rossen needs to just ditch Ed and go solo they'd be so much better without that faggot

he has a good voice but he is too much of a fucking faggot. he's probably the one who ruined their style.

agreed that's all he really has going for him. Silent Hour/Golden Mile is way better than anything they've put out since at least veckatimest

also waiting patiently for someone to post ed's thanksgiving meltdown. fuck you ed

>Silent Hour/Golden Mile is way better than anything they've put out since at least veckatimest
Certainly. If that was an album-long it would have been amazing.

god i fuckin hate ed what an out of touch spoiled fuckin manchild

i don't think it's humanly possible to express yourself in a more smug and annoying manner than this

his instagram is just as bad.
>trump blues
lmao

Pretty good tune, better than anything else I've heard this year so far. Looking forward to this.

Fucking horrible. Please kick Ed out of the band.

They just killed themselves with that song. Awful.

>unironically listening to millennial nu-males: the band
They only made ONE good song.

i love these guys and unlike most of you i actually loved shields. these new singles paired with ed's immature outbursts has me super disappointed though. the songs are soulless as fuck and clearly more Ed centric than daniel

Grizzly Bear songs rarely fare well in isolation. This was especially true of “Three Rings,” the swirling six-minute lead single from their just-announced Painted Ruins, which felt more like a piece of a larger puzzle than a single-serving like “Two Weeks.” The second offering from the album, “Mourning Sound,” gets quickly to the point, though, riding a blunt bassline, a sweeping Ed Droste verse, an ambling Dan Rossen vocal interlude, and a harpsichord draped in gold lamé.

In interviews, Droste has indicated that the Painted Ruins sessions were the band’s least communal since he produced Horn of Plenty solo. In the past, proximity allowed them to dig into the details of their songs, to take them apart and reassemble in ever-odder configurations. “Mourning Sound,” by contrast, plays it fairly straight: With that unchanging pulse beneath them, they drop elements in and out without upsetting the forward motion. But the insistence of that rhythm doesn't leave a whole lot of room for nuance, and Droste and Rossen's divergent turns at the mic feel like they're coming from two different songs. Droste and Rossen’s vocals are fine, and the low end thrum, courtesy of Chris Bear and Taylor’s bass and drums, gives the moving parts some much-needed direction. But the undeniable alchemy that marks Grizzly Bear's best work is sorely missed here; what might've been a sweeping, multi-part epic feels more like a few good starts.