Defend this album

Defend this album

It has 3 great tracks. Everything else you can scrap.

Ultralight Beam, FML, Real Friends, No More Parties in LA and Saint Pablo were worth it

I can't. It's incomplete

How can I defend something that's not being attacked right now?

Just did yard work while listening to it this morning. On top of that I've probably listened to it a good 100 times in total by now.

My opinion, first three tracks are god-tier, among his best output yet, then it dips down quite a bit and only recovers around 30 Hours, at which point onwards it becomes god-tier again. The album would've made an amazing EP.

this album is tonal whiplash but somehow it manages to be one of kanye's most memorable albums, the scattershot nature of it makes it really unique in his discography, and the consistency of its inconsistency makes it a really fun listen. Definitely not his best by any stretch, but certainly underappreciated.

This t b h

why is there a fat ass and a wedding photo on the same album cover?

it's his best album

It has
>clever, ear-grabbing lyrics
which is both huge and rare now in hip hop
>stylistically diverse songs
how many rappers nowadays release the same 2 songs over and over
>slightly over-bassy production
which is a major flaw in my opinion
>not another song of the caliber of Real Friends
A song I thought had the potential to reinvent hip hop

Over all it's no less than a 7 and that's a hard 7

this. it was a rushed OCD tantrum of an album

FML is fucking terrible with a retarded hook and verse by weeknd. Saint Pablo is a bonus track that didnt come out months after the initial release.

Every song is unique. And the sampling is incredible. It's cool listening to how everything fits together. If there weren't samples in the intros and outros and the beat just faded in and out like other rappers it would probably be a forgettable album but the production keeps me coming back

>Defend this album

i'd give you a hard 7, qt ;)

To be honest family I liked it better when Fade was the closer

>Real Friends
>No More Parties in LA
>30 Hours
>Fade
>Feedback
>FML
>Saint Pablo
>Waves

All good tracks

Yeah, Saint Pablo is a great track but doens't feel right as the outro.

Yeezy Yeezy what's good

I think it's the perfect way to end the album desu, it wraps everything up nicely. It definitely wouldn't work anywhere else on the album either so...

>AND YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE CHURCH IN THE NIGHT SKY
>WONDERING WHETHER GOD'S GONNA SAY HI
>OH YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE CHURHC IN THE NIGHT SKY
>AND YOU WONDER WHERE IS GOD IN YOUR NIGHTLIFE
>YEAH YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE CHURCH IN THE NIGHT SKY
>WONDERING WHETHER GOD'S GONNA SAY HI
>THE NIGHT SKY, YEAH, I FEEL LIKE I'M HOME, YEAH
done

NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL

It's still a work in progress

Don't understand this if I fuck this model shit. It's a tongue in cheek lyric that's isn't supposed to be meaningful. His sense of humour is odd but I don't see a problem with it desu.

Ultralight beam.

Done.

Yeah, Fade is the final shot and SP are the credits rolling, duh

I'd actually argue it's his damn best, and I'm a Kanye stan. It's got everything that's ever made him awesome

I've also never understood the critiques that it's a mess/doesn't flow/is sonic whiplash. Every song is different but never extremely so with respect to the songs that come before/after it.
It flows impeccably, especially so since it's over an hour of music w/ a few interlude-y bits