Sup Forums thoughts on that?

That there
That's hail to the thief

Some of their best work, and also some of their worst since Pablo Honey.

Still comes out to about an 8/10

For a long time I put this album off because I considered it pretty uninteresting compared to their other work. Though, after a long time I did manage to sit through it and found that it has its moments and is better than most people make it out to be. Though there are a few songs that don't fit. Other songs I think were hard to get into because they are mellow, which is not unusual for Radiohead, but they lack a hook. Or if they do have something that hooks you in, it is fleeting. Over time it has really grown on me.

This. Sail to the Moon for example isn't actually a bad song, but I do think it's pretty uninteresting. Same with say, Backdrifts or Punchup at a Wedding or Go to Sleep even. There are some legit duds on it, I Will and We Suck Young Blood are some of the most boring songs Radiohead has ever written.

At the same time, stuff like There There, Where I End and You Begin, 2+2=5, Myxomatosis are some of their best, so it evens out pretty well.

I about half agree with your agreeing with me. I guess I'll rank the songs

Not ground breaking, but not bad:
>Sit Down, Stand Up
>The Gloaming
>Scatterbrained
>Sail to the Moon
>Go to Sleep
>Myxamatosis
>A Punchup at a Wedding
Good:
>2+2=5
>Where I End and You Begin
>We Suck Young Blood
>There There
>I Will
>A Wolf at the Door

Bad:
>Backdrifts

I think the band was attempting to be more upbeat in a positive manner, but really it didn't come over well. There are parts to all of these songs that catch the ear and are enjoyable, but it fades away again. Except for Backdrifts, i think it's one of their biggest failed attempts. This is all just my opinion, it often changes and I'm not positive on anything I say, but, oh well.

Myxomatosis and 2 + 2 = 5 manage to catch my attention even if I have the music playing whole I'm focused on something else

Fun album

Yeah I feel you, I feel like even if you don't agree which songs fall into what category, it's such an unwieldy, unfocused album that it comes across that way to most people.

2+2=5 is probably one of radiohead's greatest IMO

Unironically one of my favorite Radiohead albums. I absolutely love the angry, bitter political vibe throughout the album, I find it has a unique atmosphere compared to the rest and it's really something. Thom's vocals are perfect here too, love how he explored the lower side of his vocal range.
I do think it has too many songs on it but even the duds are still interesting and not terrible.

my favorite radiohead album

>I do think it has too many songs on it but even the duds are still interesting and not terrible.
I agree. They took the throw everything out there approach and it kinda fits the almost rant-ish nature of the album. They didn't censor themselves much.

not an argument

Unironically my favourite

>We Suck Young Blood
whenever i hear this song, i imagine it being sung by herbert from family guy

It's shit, aside from a few tracks like 2+2=5 and A Wolf At The Door, but even those tracks don't come close to the rest of Radiohead's discography

>they didn't censor themselves much
DANCE YOU FUCKER

trash tho

>Reddiohead
You should be asking here instead

/thread

A Wolf at the Door is GOAT. Scatter Brain is amazing, some other songs are great then filler-esque shit a la white album

This is a bad forced meme you've been trying to push here today lmao

literal feces

Just screams Americas paranoia after 9/11.

I'm just trying to push you back to whatever shithole you crawled out of so you can discuss your favorite band amongst friends

>being this mad

I love this meme.

This weirdly feels appropriate especially because of the 2+2=5

I think AWATD is one of their best songs

You're as bad as the anti Tool guy

underated masterpeice. second best album behind kid a :***

god tier first and last track

tracks vary in quality between those two, still a solid album

where i end and you begin is beautiful

>Not ground breaking, but not bad
what is this category

There There is GOAT, only song I listen to from that album.

There There/10

I think it's their best. Even in its worst moments (I Will, Punchup at a Wedding) there's still something to like, and while it lacks stylistic cohesion I don't think it lacks on a thematic level on the grounds that it's probably their most consistently dreary and depressing album. I like to think of it like this - if Kid A is living in fear of something horrible and Amnesiac is the haunting aftermath of that event, then HTTT is being so disillusioned from it all that you can't even be arsed to care anymore. Shit's fucked and no one's gonna fix it so why even bother. And I dunno, it's melodramatic as all fuck but I like that sort of thing.