Sup Forums BTFO

Thoughts on Paramore being Sup Forumscore now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EFEmTsfFL5A
youtube.com/watch?v=1kz6hNDlEEg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVzUuRI2cQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G133kjKy91U
youtube.com/watch?v=Hvqgb1D6Opw
www116.zippyshare.com/v/Q3hqCnX8/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yw-RPm1uOM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i like the album but fuck fantano, he doesn't get to decide our tastes for us

Wtf I love Paramore now

Fantano isnt Sup Forums

besides melonhead, I've head plenty of good things about it, will give it a listen sometime this week

he kinda is. People care about what he says around here and pretend it doesnt bother them

Theres at least 3 threads a day debating him. Id say thats pretty Sup Forums core

i don't like that. i love paramore and i don't want them to be memes on this shitty board.

haha you care :v)))))))

I don't want to give Fucktano hate views, but does he suggest that the album would be a light 8 if No Friend was removed?

Listened to it today, watched his review afterwards. I'm not agreeing with him on everything, but it's a surprisingly good album. I think No Friend was one of the greatest songs on the album, Mr. Melon didn't like it that much. Rose-Colored Boy was amazing.

I think his rating is pretty okay, I could give it a little lower than seven, but I should listen to it more before grading.

btw, I have always liked Paramore.

More or less. He didn't like how less new wave-y it got in the second half of the album.

He thinks that the vocals are mixed in too low thus making it a bad track which shouldn't have made the album.

He might given it a 8 if No Friend was removed

Imo No Friend would be great if vocals we're louder

I think the low vocals was a nice thing, the song had a gaze-y feeling that was really interesting to hear from a band like Paramore.

So fun to see bands you like evolve into something that is also good.

I know a girl who is fanatical about Paramore.

No way man those vocals were way too quiet I hope someone makes an alternate version with louder vocals

Pretty much my only complaint with the album the rest of it is comfy

I can't inte the slower tracks

>Forgiveness
>26
>Tell Me How

>thinking 7 is a bad score
>listening to fantano

>he can't get into Forgiveness or 26
Enjoy not ever being my boyfriend

Is there a mega link for this?

are you a grill?

yeah, the mixing underutilized Aaron something fierce. I think it's super cool they were willing to take a risk and put something like that in their album (seems like it might be a trend going forward with Future from s/t and No Friend)

really wish they'd have tuned his voice up a bit, it's really hard to hear him.

I'M JUST A LITTLE CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLEEEEEEEEEE

I CAN SABOTAGE ME BY MYSELF

10/10 POP AOTY

it's on Spotify senpai

Ignore score. Melon seems to fall for albums like this (commercial pop) from time to time.

He started on Sup Forums you imbecile. He was an user like you and me, probably still it

I know, but I want something I don't have to use data for and I'm sure someone on this board has a mega link

soulseek senpai

the album is seriously enjoyable. paramore are actually good.

Who /pool/ here?

You need to work on your listening comprehension

Is paramore even good? best album or starter rec?
The only reason I even know about them, is because the lead is fap material

2 starting points depending on your preference:
- pop punk/more aggressive music: Riot!
- new wave/more eclectic music: Paramore (self titled)

all their albums except their mediocre debut (only 2 good songs) are very good and a fun listen.

k thanks

Listen to the OP it's their best yet

Why do people care about this review as opposed to let's say his new Feist one? She was more successful back when indie was huge and received a better score. Why obsess over paramore out of all things?

better check their self titled first

But it's not as good it might scare him away

Anyone notice how Idle Worship and No Friend (which are beside eachother) have the exact same drum beat? That's kind of annoying maybe I have to reorder it.

Carly Rae Jepsen is looking to drop a project later this year, sorry. The Queen is gonna make sure everyone knows she's the Queen

>Why obsess over paramore out of all things?
it's easy. they make good music. actual listenable music, not some listen-once dross. let's not forget they have a very good vocalist: hayley. it helps that she's a major cutie.

all in all, they're not revolutionary or anything. but they delivered many good songs during the years. they're actually likeable.

what? their s/t is their best imo. i love their new album but their s/t is even better.

their music is shit, no one would care about them if the girl didn't look like a hot piece of fuckmeat

>listen to dross
Have you ever listened to Feist? The remainder is a pop masterpiece and she didn't stagnate to the point where she felt the need to jump into the nu-wave bandwagon.

Because people don't want music, they want fap material, and Hayley Williams is hotter than Feist.

Sad but true

>their music is shit
i disagree. they have tons of good songs. the girl is hot but don't let that thing distracts you from the actual music. if you want some well made pop rock, paramore is one of the answers.

if you don't like this sort of music, well, bad luck.

Feist is better looking than hayley and now has milf tier aesthetics.

>if you don't like this sort of music, well, bad luck.
Basically this. This upbeat indie sounding new-wave revivaly dance rock is about as good as such a thing gets, especially considering the modern rock landscape.

no friend is supposed to be an outro to idle worship bro

Ran through some YT songs, it's all terrible
W/e floats your boat I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=EFEmTsfFL5A

oh, it's the same song sort of. well I'm dumb

yes, i did. it's sad that her first 3 albums were good (monarch, let it die, the reminder), but her music turned into dull dross (metals, pleasure). her latest album is named pleasure but there's nothing enjoyable about that cheap pj harvey copy. not even one decent melody. honestly i'm surprised that she still has a fanbase after such underwhelming decade since the reminder.

Because she's not an attention whore and actually has artistic integrity. Plus she's a borderline recluse so people here don't get the chance to jerk it to her feet as she doesn't bombard the internet with press photos.

Start with Riot!

If you start with singles listen to

That's What You Get
youtube.com/watch?v=1kz6hNDlEEg
Misery Business
Crushcrushcrush

Ignorance
Brick By Boring Brick

Ain't It Fun
Still Into You

Hard Times
Told You So

the reality is more pragmatic than that: feist's music isn't that likeable besides her obvious singles. seriously, try to listen to all her discography except the singles. see?

meanwhile, paramore are like a hit machine. they have a shitload of good songs (singles, album tracks,s b-sides). seriously, try to make a paramore best of and see what i mean. absolutely killer.

Honestly the debut is alright, even if as a point of reference to where they got. It's not mindblowing or anything, but it's not utter dogshit.

that song is fucking enjoyable. wtf is not to like about it? if you prefer heavier songs, try careful, ignorance, brick by boring brick, monster, now, misery business, anklebiters, part ii and especially let the flames begin.

seriously check this out: youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVzUuRI2cQ

I CAN FEEL THE PRESSUREEEEEEEEEEE

>paramore
>good
edgy

>Crushcrushcrush
that is like the catchiest thing ever

add an extra song for each one of these. my picks:
>Ignorance
>Brick By Boring Brick
The Only Exception

>Ain't It Fun
>Still Into You
Now

>Hard Times
>Told You So
Pool

I would much rather listen to The Reminder than any album track Paramore has ever recorded, let alone b-sides

I think trying to paint Paramore as some kind of deep cut treasure trove is uh..odd to say the least

it may sound edgy but they're actually good for those who like them. remember kid: music taste is subjective.

It's not so much that they're some kind of deep cut treasure trove or anything like that, just more of a consistently good band that isn't really crap at any moment.

>good for those who like them
So anyone below the age of 18, aka underage?
I can't imagine anyone in their 20-30 enjoying this

That chorus is fucking great

>Now
>not Fast In My Car
Catchy as fuck

>Pool
my niggah I though about picking that instead of Told You So desu

Rock and roll baby
Don't you know that
We're all alone now
I need something to sing about

>I think trying to paint Paramore as some kind of deep cut treasure trove is uh..odd to say the least
it's not odd at all once you listen to all their songs at least 3 times. they have lots of good songs. here's just a 25 songs list:

hard times
pool
told you so
grudges
hello cold world
now
still into you
future
grow up
ain't it fun
misery business
crushcrushcrush
for a pessimist i'm pretty optimistic
that's what you get
the only exception
decode
monster
pressure
emergency
when it rains -- this is such a good song!
let the flames begin
miracle
proof
be alone
fast in my car

how many bands could compete with that?

>Now
>not Fast In My Car
>Catchy as fuck
you know what? i like fast in my car more than now, but now it's one of their most intense songs. it shows her vocal range very well. the girl's got a great voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=G133kjKy91U

fair enough senpai

That's What You Get is great, it's probably one of the better pop rock songs of that era. Also it's catchy as fuck.

I DROWNED OUT ALL MY SENSE WITH THE SOUND OF ITS BEATING

>I can't imagine anyone in their 20-30 enjoying this
there are lots of people in their 20-30 enjoying this. and even older than that. remember: the original new wave was in the '80s. people that were music fans then would find a lot to like about their new new wave revival album. i can see blondie, devo, talking heads and kim wilde fans being in love with after laughter.

just look at their new image. it's basically the new blondie.

liking fun music has no age limit. just sayin'.

we know it's you anthony

Are we about to have a thread discussing Paramore on Sup Forums now? this is refreshing.

The video makes me nostalgic and depressed

Fuck me, that's roughly my dad's taste. I can picture a guy in his 50s liking Paramore, that's surprising.

blondie would be proud of paramore. same kind of energetic, fun and catchy music. and most importantly: a trove of good songs.

Retard it's not 2007 anymore. The teenagers who listened to Paramore are adults now, there's plenty of Paramore fans in their 20's. Do you think teenagers nowdays care about Paramore? No, fuck no.

Hayley looks a lot like Lady Gaga circa 2008-2009 in these two new videos.

>there are still woman/manchildren who still listen and act like they were teenagers
How sad, you learn something new everyday

I know about one girl that's in her teens and likes Paramore, but that's more of a late teens thing (18-19). And me too, but then again do 19-year-olds count as teens? Ah, whatever.

It kind of gives me the same feeling, user, even though I've never really seen that era.

the thing is that their music is not a nostalgia cash in. it sounds modern, vital and genuinely enjoyable. their fanbase used to be much younger when they were pop punk but fortunatelly they were clever enough to evolve their style. evolve or die.

Wait. So you're chastising people for liking Feist's recent work because it sounds like PJ Harvey's earlier stuff but praising paramore for making their music sound like late Blondie? I'm sorry but in that comparison Feist still comes out looking better, and this coming from somebody who prefers her work within Broken Social Scene over her solo albums.

I could just talk about how ignorant you are but honestly sound fedora as fuck. Glad to know you're so above it all and only listen to intellectual music.

Yeah, they kind of remind me of Blondie but not in an appealing-to-nostalgia way, more of carrying that same spirit into their music as it goes on.

>People care about what he says around here
>(when he gives shitty opinions contradicting /moo/)

literally 99% of fantano posts are parody or asking why anybody gives a shit about his opinion so no

no way. gaga was way more eccentric. hayley is more classy and subdued. she's like debbie harry wearing unform in 'union city blue'. she's cool as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hvqgb1D6Opw

anyone has a download link
there's nothing in the archive

exactly. like a spiritual successor. btw, blondie are still alive and well. they released a new album and they will tour with garbage and sky ferreira.

>So you're chastising people for liking Feist's recent work because it sounds like PJ Harvey's earlier stuff but praising paramore for making their music sound like late Blondie?
actually i did that. i'm a mere flawed human.

I listen to music, that reflects my self.
I would recommended you some good jazz, but I doubt you would be able to appreciate it

>I listen to music, that reflects my self.
I would recommended you some good jazz, but I doubt you would be able to appreciate it

you're welcome: www116.zippyshare.com/v/Q3hqCnX8/file.html

some may say paramore is just another band. but they were blessed with an attractive, gifted songwriter and powerful vocalist. she used to be an unhinged singer but now she has a lot of control over her own voice. the proof is in the pudding: youtube.com/watch?v=yw-RPm1uOM4

fuckin' precise!

>I would recommended you some good jazz
Every time

I listened to the album. I figured I would love it considering that I am a big fan of synthpop and 80s influence and disco, pretty much everything that this record has on it sonically. I just couldn't get into it. Maybe it will take more listens. I don't particularly fancy the lead singer's voice.

Really? I think she's fantastic

hey, thanks

>I don't particularly fancy the lead singer's voice.
Shit taste family. Hayley's voice is beautiful

Top five favorite Paramore tracks guys?

Part II
Last Hope
Future
Grudges
Decode

Ain't It Fun is one of the best compositions in modern pop music.