Can someone please explain this joke to me it's causing an argument between my girlfriend and I and i would like to...

Can someone please explain this joke to me it's causing an argument between my girlfriend and I and i would like to settle this.

Suicide is not a joke.
Nor is pedicide(pedocide?).

he is killing himself and his family and the kids are to stupid to tell they are not going anywhere? idk?

Kids are annoying on car rides, and when they pass out, parents are usually quite happy. In this case they're dead. The joke is that the situation is much more drastic than the norm.

It's a commentary on how the breeder existence only ends one way and that time is irrelevant because it's relative.

>kids ask the same question all the time
>kids get sleepy
>dad gets sleepy
>thatsthejoke.jpg

Agreed

It's funny because Family Circus sucks and it's great to see them die.

>are we there yet

They're clearly asking if they transcended what we mere mortals are destingsted to end our journey

the father was excited that the kids were ready and transcended

Knowing girlfriends you're probably arguing over whether they were in the garage the whole time or they were on a long trip and just got there.
He meant to kill everyone, they never left the garage. That is the joke.

Fuck you, I find this hilarious

Thanks for sharing OP

why would you ask Sup Forums this and not Sup Forums?

the kids are stupid and think they're going somewhere by staying still
that's what their dad told them

IM PROBABLY GOING TO RUIN THE THREAD BUT THE EXHAUST KILLED EM.

I hope they made it to the next level in heavens gate

They're exhausted
oh wow that's great

Why do I see shit about a pipe (and usually this fucking faggot garfield) everywhere these past few days ? Is that some inside joke on FB or something ?

It doesn't even make sense.

Part of a larger comic obviously.

oh. i get it.

>Initally felt like watching a car trip, its relatable atm.
>FF to dad cheering, seems realistic.
>Relatable and realistic at this point.
>Next dad falls asleep, no longer the case as above.
>See dad had car inside a garage, killing himself and family.

Its because its fucked up and you cant change anything about it. It's why rekt laughs bring keks.

It's a subversion of expectation. You expect the father to be taking them on a road trip, which is a fun thing we all remember. Instead they are in the garage, and he is killing himself and them. This is not a fun activity and is, in fact, horribly sad and depressing, and is a perfect contrast to our expectation.

His VR glasses made him think he was outside

BTL chip.

It's called irony. If your thick-headed gf can't understand that simple concept then you're fucked.

/thread

What if he is the one that doesn't get irony

When I was 18... 18 years old, I saw for the first time in my life... I saw an image of clarity. I saw a comic strip... a three panel comic strip that, though simple as it seemed, changed me... changed my being, changed who I am... Made me who I am...

Enlightened me...

The strip, Garfield, the comic strip was new... no more than maybe a month and a half since inception, since... since coming into existence... and there it was before me in print, I saw it... a comic strip... What was it called?

Garfield.

looks like pseudo deep shit
>trip to mom

I lost someone to suicide and this is hilarious. Don't be a pussy

If you and your girlfriend are arguing over a comic strip instead of fucking your relationship has more serious problems
Go do something together

She's on the rag m8. We will be going to bar later.

No, but suicide and prolicide (literally one Google search) can be subjects for humor.
Humor is how some people process and deal with this horrible, fucked-up world. If you don't get that GTFO.

Wrong. Arguing about little shit is healthy. If you don't then one day everything you repressed will come out. If you don't fight you probably don't communicate enough

so who was right about the comic?

Well I was focusing in on the fact that the dad was killing the kids and himself and that's what was funny. Her opinion was that kids are annoying and car rides make you sleepy and she thought that was funny.

How the fuck is this dude the only one to get it? The only punchline (considering it sure as fuck isn't the FC guy that drew this) is that Family Circus is widely considered unfunny shit and seeing them all die is the funniest thing that could happen to them.

It's both. The joke needs both parts to be funny.

so she has poo brain? he was clearly killing them and hates them cause they are retarded and its funny cause thats not how the same characters act in the real comic. its ok we all get poo brain sometimes

yea but u don't turn a key half way... she got the wrong thing from it and that is the problem.

You're more clever than her, just roll with it. I prefer it that way too :)

She thinks that them dying was accident though thats a big part of our argument

the kids saying "are we there yet" repeatedly while the dad says "finally" and it pans out to the garage says it all. The "are we there yet" is typically said on the road while moving. The joke is meant to make you assume they are moving and its a typical scenario in a car with kids. The dad saying "finally" during which the next panel is the garage. showing he KNEW what he was doing. that is the punchline. You don't sit in a car and wait for the kids to fall asleep. The comic did not show them being excited to go anywhere before hand. so its not like they walked out into the garage then quickly feel asleep and the dad was happy it was over. Everything points to the chris benoit style murder

this user