>itt: an album is pleb or patrician based on its popularity

remain in light is pretty overrated

only good tracks are houses in motion and cross eyed and painless

snooowwwww giirrrrll, i mellllltt youuuu

>being this contrarian

>not listening wind

Pleb: Kendrick
Patrician : quasimoto

THIS GUY FUCKING GETS IT. And yeah I just heard remain in the light and it wasn't as good as a lot people made it to be. Y by the pop group is so much superior imo.

oh these guys have been on my backlog, guess ill check out

Y is a great album, you won't regret it.

>pleb
Daydream Nation
>patrician
Sister

>pleb
The Good Son
>patrician
The Boatman's Call

>pleb
Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven
>patrician
F#A# Infinity

>pleb
Remain in Light
>patrician
More Songs About Buildings and Food

>pleb
Born to Run
>patrician
Tunnel of Love

not similar
>beach boys
>patrician
no

idk about those specific mashup albums but what makes pet sounds not good? it has some A+ production and instrumentation and great lyrics and pop songwriting

Oh geez the good son is like one of my favorite albums! I'm too excited to check out the boatmans call now.

I started listening to Remain In Light the other day and I can't tell if I like it or not.
Once in a Lifetime is great, but nothing else was leaving an impression on me.

>Pet Sounds
>not good
get out

Same here but defs give the pop group Y a listen!

Are you getting paid to advertise an album from 1979?
Shit, this is actually kind of good.

Hahah nah just like sharing

>Pleb
Y
>Patrician
The Modern Dance

>>pleb
>Daydream Nation
>>patrician
>Sister
lolno, Sister is the worst of their 80s albums. DDN is a straight upgrade.

>>pleb
>Remain in Light
>>patrician
>More Songs About Buildings and Food
Close but the actual patrician choice is Fear of Music

Both great albums. Buttttt nahh I think Y edges it out for me

youtube.com/watch?v=dSTsXokVIdI

Y has always underwhelmed me. What do you like so much about it?

Kyary is so tumblr-core.

these two albums are great, but Fushigi is just on another level, it's incredible

talking heads is one of my favorite bands, but this is very true, good song choices too. But also:

y is one of the worst albums people on here pretend is good

Is the Pop Group about to release a new album or something? Why is this faggot shilling babby's first post-punk album so hard?

How the fuck is the Good Son more pleb than Boatmans Call? BC is the plebbiest Bad Seeds album

no that's TPAB

Baby's first post punk album? Are you serious? The Pop Group?

>BC is plebbiest Bad Seeds album
This is literally the most wrong opinion I have ever encountered about Nick Cave's entire body of work. That you look at the stripped down, no bullshit introspection of Boatman's Call and think "plebby" is astounding to me.

If you're not memeing, how chaotic is it compared to Trout Mask Replica?

Sorry, 3rd after Unknown Pleasures and Marquee Moon. Seriously though, everyone and their mother's has heard this shit already.

>pleb
>The Good Son
>patrician
>The Boatmans Call

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF

77 is the patrician choice. Every Talking Heads album is worse than the previous.

Holy shit, where is this coming from? The Good Son is great, but it's honestly kinda cutesy bullshit compared to Boatman's Call.

No. If you want to measure the pleb status of an album check it's RYM ranking. Unknown Pleasures and Marquee Moon are both in the top 10 albums of all time on RYM, whereas Y barely made the top 10 of 1979.

>muh grimdark = good
Spotted the DC numale redditor.

>honest straightforward introspection = grimdark
jfc

Unknown Pleasures and Marquee Moon sure. Those albums are definitely accessible, but every post punk fan has listened to the Pop Group? I don't think so.

Everyone fucking knows Y. Get over yourself. This is not some rare album you've discovered. The fact that a bunch of newfags at 2 in the morning haven't heard it doesn't mean shit. This is considered one of the most quintessential post-punk albums by pretty anyone who has any idea what they're talking about. It's on every post-punk essentials chart, top 10 list, and any other faggy shit you can think of. I don't know this is pissing me off so much but goddamn. Go get some taste.

The Ship Song is sugary but it's still one of the most beautiful love ballads ever. Nothing on Boatmans Call is as powerful as that or the title track of Good Son. Also Foi Na Cruz is the comfiest opener ever.

Why are you so mad? You weren't provoked by a single reply. Any way, I'm planning on listening to it, because I wasn't impressed that much by some post punk essentials - Magazine's Real Life, Wire's Chairs Missing and 154, etc.

I didn't say it was bad. In fact I really like Boatmans Call but it is easily his most accessible and critically acclaimed album he has released.

correct desu

Try In The Flat Field, Deceit, White Light From the Mouth of Infinity, and Metal Box. Those were the first ones that really caught my attention. As far as Wire goes, Pink Flag is probably more accessible than the two you've listened to,

>pleb
American Football
>patrician
American Football

I like Metal Box, although First Issue is one of my favorite post punk albums. Wire's albums are inconsistent really. That's my problem with them. Thank you for recommendations.

That is literally the defining factor of something being pleb or patrician

Musically, it is definitely superior. I just checked it out so thanks. But it does get a little sound-collage-y

what if the band only released one popular album then broke up?

If we're going off individual songs, I think Into my Arms, People Ain't No Good and Brompton Oratory easily stack up.

Also, I think there's misunderstanding why I think Good Son is inferior. When I compare the two, I prefer Boatman's Call because I think Cave fully commits to the role of a more emotionally vulnerable ballader. Good Son almost gets there, but it still feels like Cave's being a bit cheeky.

>most accessible
Is it? I can imagine a lot of people being off-put by its starkness, whereas Good Son starts with fucking Foi Na Cruz.

holy shit that album blasts off, thanks for this

I unironically like swans EP more than filth and cop

Accessibility does not preclude quality artistry. What are you, a conformist hipster?

>Sup Forums is the rest of the world

lol

Pleb: Y
Patrish: Y Not

name of second album?

Pleb: Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

Patrician: Tonight

Nice, really liked it.

MY LITTLE GIRL WAS BORN ON A RAAAYYYYY OF SOUND