second to last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=InejEs6tI3k
youtube.com/watch?v=MNQHmpb2prk
youtube.com/watch?v=B_IlWunU6ac
youtube.com/watch?v=s-e82PK8wfM
youtube.com/watch?v=CP3W3QmCQeU
youtube.com/watch?v=GaUPrfIMpyw
ultimate-guitar.com/news/community_feed/carpathian_forest_reunited_new_album_announced.html
youtube.com/watch?v=894guorIA6A
youtube.com/watch?v=QHUo9iN6rbo
youtube.com/watch?v=u5JMo8K91Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=9iu3XcULf_E
youtube.com/watch?v=AZlgBRokTCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is the very last thread concluding the /metal/ general because I said so.

Metal is an absolute shit genre and a complete waste of time. In the realm of music, it has no place. Metal has more to do with edgy nihilism and fashion than music. I have listened to the discographies of hundreds of bands very well received by numerous metal communities and only a very select few songs stand out and these songs are almost always straight up heavy metal. Subgenres are worthless. Gimmicks like adding keyboards, a third guitarist, two vocalists (especially a male and female vocalist) are worthless. Metal is no longer relevant, even in Europe. Even in countries that are noted for having a large fanbase of metal listening to internet radio, these surveys show that the most popular metal radio stations are straight up heavy metal with no black, death, doom or any other extreme metal bullshit. A close exception is symphonic metal for Finland and Mexico, but there is not a strong enough correlation to say with at least 95% accuracy that symphonic metal is more popular than say, the ubiquitous “Latin American” radio in Mexico and “Eurodance” for Finland.

>tl;dr metal is bad and you should feel bad for listening to it

pic related: all these wasted years of listening to utter trash and I will NEVER, EVER get those years back

fuck you

PÄÄSTÄKÄÄ MINUT

youtube.com/watch?v=InejEs6tI3k

>saves a pic of somebody else's library
>writes up an epic bait post

Nice opinion, pal

Why is Gaahlgoroth so shitty but Trelldom is GOAT?
I blame that faggot King

Leave the hall

that is one feeble library

>get home from work
>/meal/ is always dead
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

Is it mostly Americans who post in /metal/? Where the Eurofags at? This is Eurohours after all.

>8 am
>eurohours

only if they're fucking losers who sleep all day like me

>try to listen album 2 years ago
>sounds absolutely horrible
>listen to it again
>absolutely best thing ever
what's the psychology behind this?

in 2 years you can change a lot

also sometimes albums don't click with me the first listen

is molotov /meal/

your standards for what makes good music change

yeah but how do they change in the first place, is there some sort of brainwashing that occurs during the transition process?

TULEN VALTAKUNNASTA

I've been trying to get into metal and pic related shows some of the albums I've particularly liked so far (I'm aware it's all very entry-level). Can anyone give any recommendations based on these? Thanks.

VEREN VALTAAAAAAAAAAN

>liturgy
wew lad

congratz you've been on the rym charts a lot i see

>s there some sort of brainwashing that occurs during the transition process
If any type change in opinion = brainwashing, sure

Yeah :/ That's kind of why I'm asking here, I want to be able to get more than just a shallow knowledge of the sub genres I like (mainly tech death, osdm, and black)

How come their newest album was so much harder to listen to? Am I just too casual?

taste is not an opinion

If you're just getting into metal recs are kinda redundant because there's still a ton of surface level stuff you need to check out

It's just as good as most of their stuff

more like Silencer - Death - Pierce Me

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll bear that in mind and just stick with the classics for now

fpbp

Who else /manowarrior/ here?

Death:
Asphyx, Suffocation, Spawn of Possession, Dragged Into Sunlight, The Black Dahlia Murder

Black:
Satyricon, Peste Noire, Kvist, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer, Thorns, Bathory, Sacramentum

Other:
Melvins, Acid Bath, Pig Destroyer, Rotten Sound, Weekend Nachos

*INAUDIBLE FINISH FURRY SCREAMING*

>Europe
that better be a joke

Does /metal/ like Soundgarden? Chris was hell of a singer

Europe are metal just not tryhard edgy Extreme cuck metal
youtube.com/watch?v=MNQHmpb2prk
youtube.com/watch?v=B_IlWunU6ac
youtube.com/watch?v=s-e82PK8wfM
youtube.com/watch?v=CP3W3QmCQeU
youtube.com/watch?v=GaUPrfIMpyw

Currently listening to this. Probably their best IMO. Jesus Christ Pose, Slaves & Bulldozers, Searching With My Good Eye Closed, and Drawing Flies are godly tracks. Really encapsulates that dreary 90's grungy pessimism

>NOW I KNOW WHY YOU BEEN TAKEN

The final redpill

>I'm aware it's all very entry-level
I mean, most of that isn't even entry-level, just straight up RYM-core. Entry-level would be Metallica (sure, you have one album there), Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Dio and things like that. You've basically skipped most if not all of the entry-level essentials and moved straight to the "cool kid" territory. A chart like that will probably allow you to fit in on RYM and Sup Forums but be aware that you've missed out on a lot of bands.

Fifth consecutive masterwork incoming.

How do glamfags rate this album?

New Carpathian Forest album next year.
I've waited over 10 fucking years for their new album but kind of bummed that it's pretty much an all new lineup minus Nattefrost.
ultimate-guitar.com/news/community_feed/carpathian_forest_reunited_new_album_announced.html

a solid 8 out of 10

Long shot here but does anyone know any German record labels/distros selling this book? I'm trying to find one that had a lot of books for sale and I just cant find it again.

is Stanne our guy?

Gorgeous cover. August can't come to soon.

>tfw they won't visit my cunt during their EU tour

Hot damn yes. Something to look forward to.

>wintersun
(You)

Sword! Haha. Gods of the Earth is a great album to spark up to with a friend after work. Calm down, being this tight-assed about music defeats the whole point.

Where do you download albums from?

Wait so you wasted all this time listening to music you didn't like and are now ranting?

>I believe that with this album we more accurately define as a rock band than a metal band

DROPPED

DROPPED

DROPPED

Name a better power metal album from the last decade

L M A O
M
A
O

>18-streak of top tier GORE songs: The Album.

Regurgitate are da bomb!
youtube.com/watch?v=894guorIA6A

Can we agree Dokken was the best of the glam bands.

Though personally I consider them heavy metal.

>best glam band wasn't even glam
really made me think

It's either them or Quiet Riot.

On the spectrum of cheese metal, Gloryhammer are pasturized American slices

so not even cheese then?

They're my favourite for sure

Yup, but more specifically, fake and inauthentic

youtube.com/watch?v=QHUo9iN6rbo

Why the fuck did Khan leave. The band is utter garbage nowdays.

perfection.

>dat FAT guitar sound
>dem vocals
GORE.

RULES.

Post trad. doom

youtube.com/watch?v=u5JMo8K91Qg

>tfw mods banned some leaf who was spamming Demilich songs and smug anime girls on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=9iu3XcULf_E

Is there any traditional doom metal that doesn't sound like Black Sabbath 2.0? I've listened to Pagan Altar, Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Witchfinder General and probably some other bands too and I'm beginning to lose all hope. I feel like traditional doom is just "We try our best to sound exactly like classic Black Sabbath: the genre".

>why do traditional doom bands sound like traditional doom?

Belonging to the same genre doesn't mean that they all have to sound exactly like the same band. Not all traditional power metal bands sound like Keeper-era Helloween, and not all traditional black metal bands sound like Under a Funeral Moon Darkthrone (although there are A LOT of ripoffs) so I'd really like to hear some trad doom that isn't just parroting Master of Reality if possible.

Is there any speed/thrash metal that doesn't sound like Motorhead 2.0? I've listened to Speedböozer, Speedwolf, War ripper, MIDNIGHT and probably some other bands too and I'm beginning to lose all hope. I feel like traditional doom is just "We try our best to sound exactly like classic Motorhead: the genre".

Fine, check out Trouble and Krux I guess

>I feel like traditional doom is just "We try our best to sound exactly like classic Motorhead: the genre"

You fucked up m8

well fuck me i guess

All the trad. doom bands you listed sound as different as your power and black metal bands.

Are there doom-motorhead bands with Lemmy vocals?

High on Fire?

youtube.com/watch?v=AZlgBRokTCg
too fast for doom, I guess.

I found it their most accessible

John Arch is too good for this world

Does industrial death metal exist? Does it have anything worth listening to?

Inb4 Fear Factory.

Meathook Seed - Embedded
Dead World - Thanatos Descends
Bleed - Womb
stuff by The Amenta, but I never really found them that interesting

you just KNOW

>the essentials are for nu-males
I love how this b8 literally just calls metal a nu-male genre, it's actually kind of a clever way about it

t. nu-male

>Meathook Seed - Embedded
nigga that's plain industrial

What is your definition of clever?

it does have a slight death metal tinge tho. Plus its an underrated album, I wanted to shill it.