twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Still a skinny nigger.

not nigger

Shitskin nigger.

Play this youtube.com/watch?v=2jXQOIbIAsY

give me money for wasting two seconds with this

Nice wrong notes, poser.

There are 0 wrong notes in there.

That's pretty good for only having for 5 years.
Fuck you, you fucking cunts.

Where to improve

All that's left now is refining your playing style, tbh.
Becoming less sloppy, and all that. But what do I know, I'm a horrible fucking guitarist.

Why do you keep making this thread

Hm I'm working on that, doing exercises and stuff

If u saw it multiple times youre spending too much time F5ing Sup Forums

A good way of practicing for note clarity is to play unplugged. That way you hear your fuck-ups more clearly, letting you know what you need to work on.

Ive been practicing that way and with an acoustic already

Did you try using a metronome while practicing scales?

Just sporadically

It helped a bit when i did

Show us your playing

Not gonna happen.

why

Man, Im quite a fan f god guitar skills. Eric Clapton is a favorite of mine. If that's you, great job!

Because there's nothing to show. And because as I said, I'm a shitty guitarist.

Once again, replying to myself. Fuck this day.

www.reverbnation.com/sundreamgun

been playing for six years

>been playing
>programmed synths

>been playing for six years
Where are the fucking guitars, then?

no? I don't like programming music......

literally everywhere?

And if you've posted it multiple times YOU'RE spending too much time on Sup Forums.

What's the point of having guitars if you're just going to make it sound like anything but a guitar?

>plays up and down some scales.
>learns a couple of riffs.
>practises jimmies bends on 15 b.
>records himself on his phone.
>goes on Sup Forums to brag about it.

Nice OP.

You just summed up rock soloing

Pretty neato OP, started playing the bass recently. Musics fun

Practice your scales to a metronome, and dont rush them. Practice them slower than you think and do it in one tempo. Dont change pase all the time

with a guitar, I think it's the easiest instrument/tool you can use to "touch" sound

this is up there too, but it's expensive
>youtube.com/watch?v=ruz4ST0HlXg

and, well

forgive me if I'm bored of the standard normal sound of a guitar

I keep mine tuned in DADGAD and have for the past few years

and in 432hz

jokes on you, i literally only come here to post it
the rest of the time i spend on better boards

Watched a little of both videos. You've got no feeling and your playing is almost entirely disjointed.

Work on being less sloppy, and try to come up with something that flows better, rather than just playing some basic scales.

>pic unrelated, I just kinda like it.

how to achieve flow and to joint the playing together

second video is just showing off scales, not intended to be musical

>3:25
Nice vibratos.

It's something you just feel. I could tell you something like "play an am7 arpeggio over an A chord", but it's only a start. You have to let the music flow, and not worry so much about exactly what you're playing.

This is garbage for 5 years. Basic level nonsense from pissing away too much money on shitty guitar lessons I'm guessing. If that's self taught then it is much worse. It seems forced from struggling memory and not free flowing from muscle memory. I was shredding after a year and a half of being self taught at the age of 15. I was already in a band and playing shows here and there. These videos only show regurgitation of useless guitar practice. Try writing and producing an album of original music. This takes a different mindset of what being a musician is. You're just monkey see monkey do. Please take this as constructive criticism.

432 drop d master race. It's standard tuning to me now. I only tune normal for when a classical piece calls for it.

>shredding after a year and a half
No, you weren't.
>already in a band and playing shows here and there
And? That means literally nothing.
The "ability" to shred and playing in a band is not a metric by which you can measure skill. Also, shredding is the faggiest fucking thing ever conceived.

I do DADGAD for more rhythm and writing an' the such

I use drop D when I'm doing more lead stuff

last night wast he first time in like, seriously years that I tuned to standard

cause I wanted to learn how to play Panama by Van Halen......?

lolol

Faggot.
Do you even free form jazz?

b-but thats what i was trying to do

>If that's self taught then it is much worse
isnt it supposed to be the opposite?

>I was shredding after a year and a half of being self taught at the age of 15
wow
i only got into bands by the 3rd year. by then i couldnt shred for shit, was focused on learning others' solos and licks and never practiced spider exercises and scales

>These videos only show regurgitation of useless guitar practice
isnt that regular soloing? also it sounds cool over songs

ive been trying to write instrumentals lately and already produce little covers soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/kiss-black-diamond-instrumental-cover

no
too advanced for me still

I got turned on by drop d many many years ago listening to kings x. I liked the freedom of an extra finger when chording. It's hard to go back. I don't even learn other people's music anymore unless it's a classic piece that intrigues me. I find more enjoyment in writing music than wasting time playing others.

A# standard is where it's at, son.

I know how to play Panama now, and I See Monsters by Ryan Adams.......

and that's literally it

I've never bothered learning either

writing is where it's at, for sure

One thing to keep in mind: the feeling isn't just about playing a million notes, or playing something really complicated. It's about something that tugs deep inside you, it's that girl who broke your heart, or the man who beat you to a bloody pulp.

It's different for everyone, but you gotta have that feeling. Without it, you're just another schmuck, better off playing 4 chord acoustic songs than any soloing.

So solos are only for sad songs

I've never heard of this until now

looked it up

so basically, half step down tuning..........

No, but a solo doesn't need to be shredding. Musical silence can be just as important as the notes you play.

stupid advice is stupid.
if the song could use a guitar solo, then so be it, regardless of feeling. there doesn't HAVE to be a solo in every song you make.

Half step down would be D# standard.
A# Standard is six half steps down.

Self teaching should allow you to progress quicker. Teachers like to milk your money and hold u back. It's s job. I think your spending too much time learning others garbage and it's holding you back. Get into different styles of music and experience the spectrum. Blues is fun an all but it's more regurgitation of used licks over and over. There's nothing helpful or original in it, it's like the lazy mans way of being a musician. All I'm saying is you should be further for 5 years. Maybe take up classical and Spanish guitar for 5 years. This will teach you much more in every aspect. Much more challenging as well so you can start with studies(estudios) and progress to as advanced as you can handle. Bach and Sor is great for this.

nice job user. i've been playing for longer than that and nowhere near as good

A#D#G#C#F#A#D#

.....half step down

You should try tuning yourself in FAGDAD

kek

>there's nothing original in blues
>take up classical guitar

Really?

Dude, Rusty Cooley becam a fucking pro in under 2 years

Rick Graham was shredding af when he was 14-15 y/o and had been playing for only 2 years(look it up it's on jewtube)

A#-F-C#-G#-D#-A#
Three notes down.

Says the guy who cant play a fucking note. Obvious guy is obvious....

Pior cerveja.

I herd u can liek play gay chords n shiet

>Blues is fun an all but it's more regurgitation of used licks over and over. There's nothing helpful or original in it, it's like the lazy mans way of being a musician.
Not really.
>shread
>learn scales over the fretboard, repetitive licks and keep doing technique exercises
>play these licks, arpeggios and scales run quickly and you're shredding

>blues
>have to actually make it sound good and interesting
>takes time to master the articulations and build a repertoire of licks

Either that or play all the way turned up with ZERO distortion.
Most people can't handle that level of clarity. There is ZERO margin for error when you do that. That's why most people don't go there-they're not confident in their ability.

Yes, that works too.

>blues is unoriginal

Retarded statement from a phillistine cuck who can't play.

When you've mastered the blues, EVERY time you play the same song you're improvising. The untrained ear probably couldn't hear it, like I said - phillistines - but blues is endlessly inventive.
If you're stuck playing the same riffs and licks, you're doing it wrong...takes a lifetime to fully master.

CW Stoneking
Recommended listening

Blues is shit*, is what he meant to say.

>phillistine
Are you jewish

from who did you steal the guitar? Dirty thieving nigger

So, guitar thread?

Pic related is mine. A small 23" scale Harmony Stella student guitar.
What you can't see is that my brother is a luthier and rebuilt everything from the nut on down as a way to get his skills back after moving across country and having his life in pieces for a few years. I joked with him that the ONE thing he didn't do is the one thing that would have made him any money on the back end of the project. But he didn't care-it was all an excuse to get his stuff set back up and back into guitar building. That's why he gave it to me.
And it sounds amazing-easily on par with a $1500+ acoustic.

It's like a secret weapon guitar. It's a student-sized guitar with a shit brand name on the headstock, so people pick it up thinking it's going to sound like wet cardboard, and it doesn't. Then they shrug and then reach for something else, and it doesn't sound nearly as good. You can almost hear their minds going:
>Wait-I'm not supposed to like this shit guitar.
>but it sounds better than that $1600 Martin right there
>Does not compute-what's going on here?

After 5 years you still think it's ok to record your amp with a stupid random in built mic

Also playing scales and unironically using words like "noodling", what is this like '04-'05 or some shit

Get the fuck out

And buy a gibson, you can't consider yourself half a guitarist without a Gibson

Tl;dr:

Faggot buy some propper gear and grow a beard

>guitar
>shows a picture of a fucking wood harp
Take your wood harp and fuck off, sir.

>proper gear
>gibson
>my face

i bought them myself, you offensive piece of shit

are you sure its not a piece of cardboard hahaha

i recorded it with a dynamic mic. what are you, deaf?
also gibson are a meme, my cheap les paul copy is much better hahaha

In all fairness, the sound quality in the second video is pretty horrific. That was not recorded with a dynamic microphone.

yeah second video is built in really

built in mic

>wood harp
My god you're bad at trolling.
Seriously, put in some effort and do better next time. You should be ashamed.

I'd offer to let you play it and make up your own mind, but you're probably not local to me.

I'm not even trolling, acoustic guitars are cancer.

A little late on the reply, but you really should. As a drummer, I noticed that my ability to improvise increased dramatically when I started playing jazz. Listening to the music to gain vocabulary, soloing, and, most importantly, coming will all help to give you a more natural and fluid improvisational feel.

That sounds great. How do into that?

Excellent left hand work.

On your right hand, stiffen your wrist and fan out your non pic holding fingers, unless you are plucking them chicken pickin style. This will give you greater control over your faster picking. Trust me. Your wrist will never move fast enough.

How wait, Campos is a Latino name. You suck. You are clearly confusing that Strat for a quinto or bajo sexto. You scales will never work on a proper mariachi instrument.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=B90KHiZYlEs

They're actually not. You're just a faggot.

Also there are other sizes than the stuff you're used to seeing. The common style is actually quite oversized and designed to fill nightclubs. But played in a small room it's way too loud and unbalanced. Pic related is much more suitable for playing unaccompanied at home.

Why one would buy a guitar to play only alone in your room

haha what are these? mexican instruments

does that mean keep the wrist stiff and pick with the arm?

Yes, they are.

I enjoy playing for the sake of it. I've been learning for 4 years now and I've never performed or played for anyone.

ITT people who think the shape of an electric guitar has a greater, if any, influence on the sound other than amp and pickup

They are the minority, fortunately.

Wtf? Because it's fun. I have no plans of ever performing on stage, but I love coming up with riffs or singing songs with my acoustic in the privacy of my home.

Attention whore detected.

LOL what a loner

k

I didn't say playing alone.
Just not in nightclubs.
That small guitar will fill a decent sized living room full of people with sound just fine. They can even be talking and you'll still be heard.
Play a full-sized dreadnought hard in a living room and people will move away from the front of your guitar-it's just too loud for the space you're playing in.

Once again, they're not cancer, you're just a faggot who wants to shit on people for liking things you don't like.