Does believing in Atheism make you more intelligent?

Does believing in Atheism make you more intelligent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlpfX--Jt-4
youtube.com/watch?v=n5Riuk8CNAA
youtube.com/watch?v=NP5ohTF4epE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ct4OSmOk0Qk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No and nothing can
if you want to become smarter that means you are already smarter than the majority of people

There is no valid or logical reason for anyone still alive to believe in any god

Just like there's no reason to assume any higher power doesn't exist without any evidence because it makes you feel like a special snowflake and above everyone else.

No; being intelligent makes you an atheist.

Atheism is a belief, just like any other religion. The absence of belief is agnosticism.

Be smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to know.

> Just like there's no reason to assume any higher power doesn't exist

> What is burden of proof

> What is can't prove a negative

> What is the difference between a claim and a lack of a claim

> What is a basic level of education

The only person I think I'm above is you and not because you're religious, because you're an idiot.

isn't religion not just a means to control peoples' behaviour? like if you kill someone you burn in hell? You have the right not to be killed, that's for sure.

regardless of what you believe if you're respectful, tolerant and overall conscientious then I have no problem with you

Religious people are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

It is like the North Koreans who are brainwashed in to believing anything the Kim dynasty says.

I don't understand the religious fucks that laugh and call North Koreans stupid. Cus you are just as retarded as them. If not even more.

Show us 1 solid proof there is any "God" and I might take you seriously for s second.

Lie
The right diet and training can make you more intelligent

>can't prove a negative
>claims NO god
You are an idiot.

every individual is an expression of the whole realm of nature, and is a unique action of the total universe - however - the individual is under the delusion that they are these separate, isolated "ego's" inside bags of skin. A condition learned by society.
people seem to draw a line of separation between what happens to us, and ourselves as an observer. While that line, is utterly fictitious and imaginary because you cannot separate an organism and its environment. The experience and experiencer are inseparable - it is ONE action and process.
our universe is at its root 'intelligent', because it is capable of evoking intelligent beings into existence. Each of these beings are expressions of the whole. The universe is an 'I-ing' universe, in the sense that it generates Self-ness, a feeling held common by every organism. In other words, that feeling of 'I' that you have here and now is a feeling mutual between all beings

You cannot be conscious of an experience of nothingness, and so if you were to die, the only thing that is bound to happen, is that you regain consciousness. It doesn't matter if there were eons and eons of time between those flashes of consciousness because there was no one to notice it going by. The same principle applies to the world. It comes and it goes forever and ever

Another brilliant observation, is that when you look out your eyes, what you are experiencing, is the immediate sensation occurring somewhere in the back of your head. You are literally experiencing the entire world within yourself! Any imaginable feature such as light, heat, weight, solidity, motion, time is occurring solely and directly within your brain as a kind of 'on-off' vibration between neurons. And outside your brain the world is devoid of any such sensations.
A human body is like a whirlpool, there seems to be a constant form, called the whirlpool, but it functions for the very reason that no water stays in it.

Atheism is for faggots.

ayyyy

also richard dawkins is a beast

So why do you believe there is no God if you can't prove that either? Hypocritical idiot.

>Be smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to know.
But how do you really know that you know that you're not smart enough to know?

My imaginary friend is better than any other imaginary friend and way better than not having an imaginary friend at all.

Because believing that one magical creature swung his wand one day, or rather swinging it for 7 days and thus making the universe is just braindead retarded.

a, prefix from the Greek, meaning without.

the(os), also Greek, meaning God or gods

ism, suffix from Enlightenment English, meaning system or doctrine of

Agnostics are also atheists by definition. Anyone who does not have a belief in god is an atheist. Atheism precludes any belief, it does not replace it. There is no shared doctrine of ideas, goals, community, morals or anything else.

It doesn't. Having or lacking a religion doesn't make anyone smarter/dumber, if you believe that you need to kys

Nice b8 m8

>believing in Atheism
>believing
kek

The Uncaused Cause. In my mind, NOTHING should exist. If there were no God, NOTHING would have ever been. Only an ALL POWERFUL force could contradict this uncaused cause. I lay in bed and think about this and it blows my mind. Yes, there is a God.

>Yes, there is a God
But what is this God?

Hang yourself asap

Atheism doesn't make you intelligent, it makes you informed. Intelligence also often leads to atheism.

That's when I look to world religions. They're all basically the same. Man's attempt to get to God through human efforts. Do this, do that. Pray this way, do this ritual... Then there's ONE that's different. It's not a religion. The work has already been done. His name was Jesus. God reaching down to man. Not the other way around.

Watch this, Cosmos Reborn:
youtube.com/watch?v=RlpfX--Jt-4

What's the matter op? You a faggot potato?

Intelligence will shape your beliefs, but believing in something will not make you any less potato.

This...

But you got to remember that Dawkins fanboy level Atheists are referring to to the concept of an authoritative, law giving patriarch in the clouds that gets mad at you when you touch yourself when they say that not being an Atheist makes you retarded, because they have no awareness that "world views" exist beyond
A. Themselves, and those that agree
and
B. "muh sky daddy" retards.

But of course it still depends on your definition of Atheism. By some accounts, Watts was an Atheist, in the same way that a Buddhist, or a Taoist, or a non-dualistic Hindu is Atheist, by not having the same conception of "ultimate reality" as Christians, which is the only concept of religious/not strictly Atheistic worldview that is really known to Dawkins wannabes.

I don't identify with the label "Atheist" at all, and find that my world-view/conception of reality is vastly different to that of the average Atheist that I meet. Believing in what is technically reincarnation and tending to think that the innermost "layer" of my own reality as an individual is ultimately synonymous with that of "reality itself" and that "reality itself" is eternal in an incomprehensibly infinite cycle of "becoming itself" over and over again.
This doesn't necessarily include even a single thought of the "sky daddy" world view, so if that's your definition of God then I suppose I'm an Atheist. Except I find I can't identify with that label because my actual worldview has things about it, such as a belief in my own immortality, which are generally considered to be distinctly non-atheistic regardless of ones concept of "God", with mine being "reality itself", for lack of a better term.

The way I see it, anyone who says "Atheism is correct, all religions are wrong becuz sky daddy X-tians are stoopid" implies a false dichotomy between their own worldview and one that must involve the Christian conception of reality, and has clearly never read a book about Buddhism, or certain other things.

There is no proof of God he is a creation of mankind.

Why would you believe in something like that? This might seem extreme but he is literally the same thing as Santa Claus.

what a load of bollocks dude

If I saw a thread debating whether or not Santa Claus was real, I'd laugh and move on. The fact that you're here indicates that there is at least some doubt in your heart whether the God thing is true or not. God is real. And if God is real, that means he made you. If he made you, he is not against you.

>Anyone who does not have a belief in god is an atheist.

No

Atheists *believe* there is no god.
Agnostics *do not believe* in god.

Sounds like semantics, but a huge difference.

youtube.com/watch?v=n5Riuk8CNAA

fucking get cancer

True, but being smarter will usually cause one to discard blind beliefs.

You fucking americans.

...I can't believe how retarded you are. Holy shit, it is no wonder you're religious.

I usually laugh and move on but "So why do you believe there is no God if you can't prove that either?" is a stupid thing to say.

Why would I believe in something that can't be proven to me? There is zero evidence.

You're exactly right. I'm sure you also believe in Zeus, Ra, and Kali, correct? Since you can't prove they don't exist and all.

It's not necessarily my point to convince anyone that my own world view isn't retarded, so much as I mean to point out that these threads are always full of "Of course Atheism is right, Christianity is stupid, all religion is stupid. Believing in sky-daddy is stupid, therefore all religions are stupid."

Such statements clearly show that such a person knows nothing of religions other than the Christianity/Judaism/Islam trio, and nothing of religions like Buddhism, to name but one.

If you want to say that believing in God, as the word is commonly used, is retarded, then fair enough. But if because of this you then go on to say something like "Believing in God is stupid, therefore all religions are wrong." then you only prove that you have never actually studied the religions of the world beyond that which you grew up to be familiar with, and if you know nothing about the religions of the world beyond what you grew up with, then you are not qualified to state that all religions are retarded and that Atheism is the only intelligent world-view, any more than someone who has not studied relativity theory is qualified to disagree, or even agree with it.

and you are literally an idiot, the ide of god is not like santa claus in any way

god is about truth, universal truths that fall outside of the narrow parameters of science.

'God floods the world' isnt about a literal being creating masses of water, it is about people being godless meaning without or against truth and thus being corrupt, for example not funding dredging flood defences, and thus they are flooded.

Cain and Abel is an archetypal fable about a multitude of moralistic arguments, sacrifice and delayed gratification seem to be the most important of them. Abel sacrifices something of worth, a lamb, that would reduce his flock in the short term, a true sacrifice. Cain offers grass, an abundance of which can be had by all, his sacrifice is objectively of less worth and less of a sacrifice, this is reinforced by 'gods' refusal of it. Cain's unwillingness to sacrifice leads to him gaining less which further leads to his need for instant gratification driving him to take from his brother both his life and livestock. This leads to him facing punishment by 'god' again acting as the moral arbiter.

But the story doesn't require an Abrahamic god to be powerful and required, the idea of god is simply a tool of the story. The powerful factor is faith, not in a saviour, but in the fact that your sacrifice, if it is true, is worth it.

Delayed gratification, perhaps one of the most important building blocks of society requires faith in it, or you simply wouldn't take part. And if you don't why would you ask it of anyone else, and why would they listen to you.

This

>This might seem extreme but he is literally the same thing as Santa Claus.

Whew lad. Found the 15 year old edgelord redditor!

"I don't remember falling asleep last night so it must mean that I was abducted by aliens and I'm suffering from lost time. There is no other possible explanation."

tldr

Post some evidence or stfu. Why does God get a pass on having to prove his existence when there is evidence that proves we were not created in anyone's image and evolved from life that formed here naturally.

He's right atheists aren't a religion they don't have adherents it's the lack of belief in any religion not the belief there is no god. Some atheists make it out to seem like a belief system but those are just the stupid edgy faggots.

I give you a challenge. Pray (talking to this god/fake god), say something like, "Godthing, I don't believe in you but if you're really real, please show yourself to me."

It feels like you're baiting at this point so I'll just say if That simple and logical explanation didn't help you understand nothing will.

'I'm so smart i don't even read'
wew lad

This doesn't even make sense. Let's say that God is real. Why does that mean he made me? What do the two have to do with each other? Ants also exist. Does this mean that ants made me? Let's say that he did make me. Why does that mean he's not against me? People make video games and they usually include enemies. Are the enemies not against me? The whole point of the video game is that it's against you. If God also created all of my problems, how is he not against me? I have friends and I am not against them. You know why? Because I do my best not to make their lives shitty for no fucking reason. So are you telling me that God isn't trying to make my life shitty but he just really, really sucks at it?

This

believing in god

>wew lad

You got me.

>a shared spiritual belief
>our beliefs are unassailable truth
explain these.

except i literally don't and you'd know that if you actually read what i typed

>putting the carriage before the horse

I stopped after your opening of "and you are literally an idiot, the ide of god is not like santa claus in any way."

If you want me to read your garbage you should probably frame it better.

And a dick

Samefagging this had, kek.

no, but like any -ism, its embraced in large numbers by small people with little-dog syndrome. You know the type. The ones that have to powerslide every conversation into one about how they're clearly the best.

every time i see that shit all i can hear from them is "please dont think im stupid, please dont think im stupid, please, i'm really scared that youll think im stupid. i cant handle it if you think im stupid". That's actually heartbreaking in a sense. To think they've come along all this way so terrified. What happened?

Here's a thought: the nature of your existence and consciousness could be entirely unique to you, or it could be the same for every living being.
But you will never know, no matter who you are or what you believe in or choose not to believe in.
Because anyone reading this is only ever going to experience life as they currently are, until they die of course.

"Death is not an exit, but simply a flick of the off switch."

>explain these.

just the sort of bullshit that religious-oriented people in the US imagine atheism to be, because they dont have an adequate education to understand the subject.

athiests are literally cancer, i don't think any of them have read the bible, they pick at low hanging fruit by attacking the same idiots that do exactly what they are doing... taking it literally.
Philosophers and theologians haven't been taking the bible literally since at least 1770...

Does not taking the bible literally help prove the existence of god anymore than taking it literally?

Nope. 9 times out of 10 it makes you a total leaf bitch. I don't know if it's their tendency to exhibit hyper-betaness, but most atheists are much more unbearable than Christians.

>reads bible
>wait, I don't like this part, lets just pretend it's not there
Your kind sure are true "believers"

atheists who adopt religious dogmatic behavior are just deep southern baptists who replaced the bible with Darwin's theory of evolution.

They don't read it, they dont understand it, they dont -want- to understand it, but goddammit they'll quote and cherry-pick from it at every given opportunity, knowing they're too good for this world.

>athiests are literally cancer, i don't think any of them have read the bible,

'murrican logic.

I've not read "my little pony", but I dont think its going to make me believe in unicorns, either.

Which, incidentally, are mentioned in the bible 9 times...

nothing is about proving gods existence, it literally doesn't matter, what matter is the universal truths that are espoused. The society and civilization built upon it, the meaning it gives people.
religiosity is as evolutionary and darwinian as men not crying in battle

This entire thread is about the existence of god.

>kek

Are you even trying niggerfaggot?

youtube.com/watch?v=NP5ohTF4epE

>believing
>Atheism

Pick one.

Don't trust atheist that behave like religious people.

this.

How can you have a spiritual belief if the realm of the spirit is unprovable?

wasting your one live with this much argument...

youtube.com/watch?v=Ct4OSmOk0Qk

>Does believing in Atheism make you more intelligent?
>This entire thread is about the existence of god.

pick one

Then why is there a branch of agnosticism split between believing and not believing.

We don't know. So we choose to be agnostic. But it's impossible to be truly impartial so where do you stand? Are you an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist?

I can't be assed with religion. I don't care at this point. But religion is a point asked in the questionnaire in forms that I fill out. I was born catholic but I'm just apathetic at this point. Which is convenient cause apatheism is a thing.

Like most belief systems, the vocal minority make the rest look bad.
The major difference is atheists tend not to drive trucks through shopping precincts or wear explodey vests to get their views across

Just wanted to let you guys/gals, I love you all. We're all just these little things floating around on a ball of rock looking for the truth.

Atheism is not a spiritual belief. It is the lack there of. Most philosophers that are atheist are not atheist philosophers (as in it isn't their only/main focus) and we don't all cling to the words of philosophers, and those of us who do have an interest in philosophy don't just read atheist philosophy. As far as social groups that's utter bs. Most my friends are Christian. We do not collectively "adhere" to anything, it isn't a religion and we don't have any consensus on a 'right way'. And we don't think our answers are "unassailable truths" we just refuse to believe your extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence.

How are we supposed to take you seriously if you make an error in the very first question you pose?

You had only one job...

From one atheist to another. No it does not. And if you think it does you're probably one of the unintelligent ones. Or just really damn full of yourself.

KYS faggot!

You have it backwards. Being more intelligent makes you an athiest.

Your God is the equivalent of a spontaneous, dimensional fart at the beginning of the universe.

take your own advice before you post
a/theism is about the position on belief
a/gnosticism is about knowledge

So your god is one who is just a spontaneous fart?

For me atheism is "I've seen your evidence and I reject it as unlikely at best and down right contradictory to itself and the evidence at worst."

how could anyone with a real mind dispute this??

Believing in something has nothing to do with intelligence, you fuckwit.
Why do you think it does?
I don't know what's beyond our knowledge, and I won't claim to. Are you? Seems to be, what evidence do you have?

Does reposting the same shitpost every day make you more intelligent?

The answer to both is fuck you

Awww poor potato op is trying to be less potato.

No, being more intelligent makes it more likely you will become/stay atheist.

Let this sink in ... Scientology is the number one church under atheism. That's how fucked atheist are.

So close, but fail
Fail'd hard

what's that supposed to mean?

Scientology is not atheism. Just as westoborough Baptist church isn't Christianity.