youtube.com/watch?v=eJOJjgZIftQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YdC5v9lgaB
youtube.com/watch?v=OoHf5bIHpmc
youtube.com/watch?v=gN4skkn1_9g
youtube.com/watch?v=SjSr0HW_5wU
youtube.com/watch?v=l04_GGlr3BI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Banana'd?

One is an improvement the other not so much.

Suebi/Germanic Portuguese:
youtube.com/watch?v=d-RFpfUeEqE

Favela Portuguese:
youtube.com/watch?v=RR6gCGPKckI

Nice cherrypicking

>new world trumps old world
yuropoors will defend this :^)

reee

Was it really?
When you pic an accent from são paulo or other regions your're choosing one of the many accents of brasil
Portugal only has 2 accents,archipelago accent and continental accent.
The one in the video is the normal continental accent.
All brazilian accents follow the trashy rule of not pronoucing things correctly

Test again

Right, but let's talk it properly, ok? Standard Brazilian Portuguese seems to me improved for me. But it's my opinion.
youtube.com/watch?v=eJOJjgZIftQ

American accents disgust me.

She sounds like a boiling kettle. It's like RJ accent. Ugly.

Delete this thread.

I have an American tourist the wrong directions just for this thread.

he's wrong too, our accents vary a lot

youtube.com/watch?v=YdC5v9lgaB
listen from minute 3

wft, I love poetry now

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
The brazilian accent that looks more like european portuguese is like caipira accent with the ''e'' pronounciation

BONGS BTFO

And why it matters?

Caipira is the less similar. We speak the "r" like in english.
The most similar to PT-EU are northeastern accents and catarinense.

Rio de Janeiro is actually a mix of portuguese and french.

You're pointing out that it sounds like RJ accent.It does not...Very very far from it.All accents in Brazil look the same except caipira accent

GOT 'EM

>northeastern
No.

Both are fucking disgusting... But the brazilian one sounds very untermensch

'American' accent of non-native speakers is a good pleb filter.

I said only about the "s" turning into "ch". This detail is like RJ accent.
>all accents in Brazil look the same except caipira accent
Now you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
Only RS, for exampe, has more than 4 or 5 recognizable accents.

wtf

>tu
>vais
>"u qui tu querish meu negu?"

Northeast is the most portuguese place in Brazil.

The first one sounds Slavic, weird.

Who quê tu queresh meu*

You don't know what you're talking about.Stop living in your fantasy world
The accent of Porto Alegre is the closest and caipira aswell

>The accent of Porto Alegre is the closest and caipira aswell
HAHAH stop acting like you know somethin about how Brazil speak, It seems clear you don't

youtube.com/watch?v=OoHf5bIHpmc

Southern accent is closer to spanish, but it had little portuguese influence.
Caipira doesn't sound like auropean portuguese at all, to me it's the most different.

youtube.com/watch?v=gN4skkn1_9g

This is not accent from Porto Alegre region, you retard.
Again, just stop. You simple don't know.

Tou a falar de Santa catarina,não rio grande do sul

This is paranaense/catarinense accent and this is pretty much immigrants trying to speak southern accent.

In RS you find this accent too, but not in Porto Alegre metropolitan area

I don't care,I just want to point out that for me,this sounds more like our accent,except for the ''legau'' that she threw...
You don't even have that accent so why the fuck would you speak as if you had caipira accent

If they used an English flag for English, 300million Americans wouldn't understand

Childish.

Because I live here and I travel a lot in the south region. So I know what I'm talking about.
I stayed in POA, Santa Maria, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz, Veranópolis, Caxias, Florianópolis, Curitiba and other cities.

English was created in the United States of America

Why does spanish language have the least flag switches when it's speaking population is extremely tiny compared to in the americas

Portuguese accent is better than Brazilian 2bh

Mexico isn't relevant enough,but I have seen rather frequently the mexican flag representing spanish

Because of the way words are stressed/pitched. I always thought European Portuguese was Russian when I heard it.

No.It's inferior.What's that accent from btw?
This is the european portuguese version of that poem

youtube.com/watch?v=SjSr0HW_5wU

In FIFA 2017 (ps4) the mexican flag is representing the language

>all accents in Brazil look the same except caipira accent
Wooow, we got a expert in brazilian accents here.
Allow me remember you something. Only RS, the most southern state, has the same population size as Portugal. Brazil has 26 states and one federal district. You don't know about the all accents and, like me, probably will never know.

Really?You never got a ''romance'' vibe from it?

This
New- Zealand English is the choice of the patrician.
Did you know that the word "spud" that is commonly used when referring to potatoes, comes from the based kiwis.

I can kinda hear what he means too, it's not a bad thing but it does sound Slavic. Kinda cool 2bh

youtube.com/watch?v=l04_GGlr3BI

>Portugal only has 2 accents,archipelago accent and continental accent.
Except it's something like 13 distinct accents in Açores alone, but sure, the continental one is fairly homogeneous, as these things go.

Because there's no one huge Spanish speaking country that outnumbers Spain by that much. There's a few, which would have to fight to decide which flag would be the one, but there's no one huge place.

That said, what you guys get is the Spanish flag on Mexican text, which I'd say is even worse. With the Brazilian flag at least I know what to expect and avoid (since the small differences are more distracting than just reading in English).

>Except it's something like 13 distinct accents in Açores
He meant distinguishable accents. Foreigners can't tell the difference.

Maybe not the 13, but definitely 3 or 4 of them. They really are very varied, but their numbers are so small that you almost never hear good examples of it.

That and TV has helped homogenise it. The old farts from the mountains are fucking impossible, and a couple of the islands have some clear Dutch and French immigration influence from way back.

>but definitely 3 or 4 of them
"no". Every brazilian says there's 40 different accents in their dumb state or region, but most people from other regions can only distinguish a couple. Foreigners often can't even do that unless they come to learn the language.

why do portuguese and brazilians get so assblasted about this

>That said, what you guys get is the Spanish flag on Mexican text, which I'd say is even worse.

This, so much. I'm a long-time proponent of linguistic divorce. Que cada palo aguante su vela.

you speak the same language though
what are you gonna do, shoot mexicans who keep speaking spanish

>it's another episode where Euros still think their dialects are relevant when their former colonies have surpassed them in relevancy ages ago

Nah, just adopt different names for different variants. We've already got a lot of divergence and it'll only increase as the years go by so it's pretty much inevitable.

that's retarded

Actually learning Portuguese myself. The pronounciation is less retarded than French, but a lot easier to understand.

damn it feels good to be new world

Countries that beat their father.

que feio tuga de merda lol olha oque ele escolhe pra pt br

Blame the tugas