Worst Animal Collective album

Worst Animal Collective album.

one and only correct answer incoming

'no'

sung tongs imo

Hollinndagain is miles worse. Two memorable and good songs. That is all.

ayyyyyyyyy lmao

But that's not Painting With
>inb4 contrarians try to defend genuinely bad music

"The pleb filter's operating at full efficiency, Captain."

>hollinndagain
>dasne manatee
>animal crack box
>painting with

all trash

Painting With isn't bad though.

This must be why Animal Collective never did anything with Hollinndagain again, right? Because it was their best work? Even if they were doing anything with any of these tracks again it was taking them from Hollinndagain and improving on them?

sick burn

>all of them

hollinndagain shouldn't be considered an album in the studio sense, it's a pastiche of different live performances

It's considered an album, even by them though. You could say the same for Campfire Songs. It was a one take recording of songs with ambient field recordings added in afterward.

Holl is a tour album they made for mainly for friends and family, the reissue hasn't been in print for years and years. when you're trying to put it's existence in context you're just making yourself more of a dumb ass.

Campfire Songs was a side project

live album*

campfire songs had a single concept underlying the recordings

there's no concept to hollinndagain beyond "these were performed on tour at various points throughout 2001"

Wow, completely disagree

i only find sung tongs and painting with to be obstructive and flawed albums

wow overstated opinions

MPP

I couldn't choose a worst one. I like all of their albums to an extent. But I've seen a few people disliking Hollinndagain lately, whats the deal with that

gtfo troll

obstructive of what and in what ways

Forest Gospel and Pride and Fight are the only good songs? That's the deal with that.

what if Panda states that Sung Tongs isn't a real AnCo album but Avey disagrees?

what then? divide by zero?

Are you the same guy I talked to about this like 2 days ago? Explain to me how There's an Arrow, Lablakely Dress, Tell it to the Mountain, or Pumpkin gets a Snakebite are bad

*quietly sneaks danse manatee to safety while nobody is looking*

shut up you retard

the fuck is your problem

They're extremely easily forgettable? There aren't really any redeeming qualities to them as songs? And again, they all seemed like bare bones structures of songs that were improivsed over rather than songs. Hollinndagain to me just seems like they were trying to find their sound through messing with the concepts of Danse Manatee and Here Comes the Indian. I think both concepts and ideas of those separate albums were messed with on Hollinndagain. They even took some of the songs from Hollinndagain and revamped them for Danse.

oh, i see you don't understand irony. lack of contextual awareness is a sign of autism i'm afraid, enjoy your sperg self

if you find Hollindagain 4get able then you have severe A.D.D and autism

There's only one song from Hollinndagain (which was just live renditions of DM material that didn't make the album) that is also on Danse, which is Lablakely Dress, and the Hollinndagain version is easily way better. And those 4 tracks definitely aren't forgettable. There's an Arrow is the most melodic and traditionally harmonious song on the album as well as those clacky percussion synths at the beginning and that high pitch screeching one that fades in halfway through the song. How could you forget that? How could you forget any of these tracks which have such great attention to detail and are filled with such rich, albeit abrasive, texture?

Also, Animal Collective have said in interviews that they never straight up improvise on stage, these are all fully prewritten songs

not bad at all, actually great
not bad either
not as bad as people say it is, there's plenty of good songs on that and The Painters

>sung tongs
literally their 2nd best wtf

it's such a memorable experience of an album, perhaps their most ambitious and unique release
worst: danse manatee (there's still not a single bad anco release, this one just missed the mark and is easily the more forgettable of the releases)

How do you pronounce it? Is it "holland again" or "hollin dagan"?

"hollinndagain"

explain why you guys dont like sung tongs

Clearly their focus with Hollinndagain was experimenting with texture and extreme frequencies, very much like Danse Manatee. As you said. However, I just personally think Hollinndagain missed the mark, not Danse Manatee.

As others have said, there isn't really a "terrible" AnCo album but Hollinndagain is my absolute least favorite. I even gave it a listen the other night with fresh ears all the way through, and...it just didn't do it for me.