Do i have to play the other mass effect games first to play this?

Do i have to play the other mass effect games first to play this?

Other urls found in this thread:

rebrn.com/re/virtual-rape-in-gta-v-woman-is-now-a-writer-for-bioware-this-is-2630476/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you should play the other mass effect games and forget about this piece of garbage

You should just play the other ones first and forget about this.

Call of duty Ghosts

You dont need to, but it will help

Play ME1 for the atmosphere and immersion
if you liked it, play ME2
If you are REALLY into the story and HAVE to complete it, play ME3

Don't bother with this shit user, although I'm sure you knew this already when you made the thread.

Play the original trilogy and then leave well enough alone. Andromeda is shit.

Are you guys just talking about this game beaing shit because of their lame face grapic

Don't listen to these fags op you'll have lot of fun playing Andromeda. Go with the female character to achieve maximum zozzle

k listen here OP.
Play 1 if you want to get the full experiance, it has a great story but the mechanics are clunky

PLAY 2 !!!!!!!

play 3 if you like the story. it has the best mechanics out of them all but a weak ass ending

If you are really in to it then wait until andromeda goes on sale

No, and anyway that got fixed apparently.

As you play the old mass effects, you will get to know each character. Some are better written then others, but all of them are somehow memorable.

ME1 in particular has the best atmosphere of all games. The music, the art direction, the feels, and some pretty epic storytelling as well.

ME2 loses out a tiny bit on the atmosphere, but the characters are still pretty neat, and the locations are better this time, not to mention the much faster combat

ME3 is just a continuation of ME2 (skills and everything carry over) but with much less story immersion. Combat was made much more predictable and less 'intense', and the DLCs are pure pandering, but you have to finish the story for the sake of completion.

Andromeda has forgettable chars, dialog options that don't make sense, and with the exception of a few points in the story, no immersion at all. It feels like a video game from the start.
The combat is arguably better because there is a lot more motion now and less hiding behind cover for cooldowns, but apart from that the series is a 'husk' of it's former self.

Now go play ME1 faggot and have fun.

i totaly agree with you that andromeda wasn't immersive, but i can't put my finger on WHY. Shitty writing?? Cringie Dialog??

I got this for only $8 from the Green Man Gaming Mighty 10 lootbox, wanted to try to get into it but wound up only playing the multiplayer. I really cannot get into the campaign. It really sucks cause I loved the first three...

Because nearly every situation, setting, character and dialog was forced.

I kept getting the feeling of 'why am I doing this? there is nothing heroic about this'. Also the fact that Shepard had a define-able backstory and was a character you could truly make your own.

These new people are just mmo-tier quest helpers that you control yourself.

I would describe it as:
First 3 MEs, you were on the ride, seatbelt and everything, having a blast
Andromeda is more watching the ride from a safe distance, observing but not being a part of.

plain and simple: Ryder is just a weak ass. The entire situation is a joke to him and at no point the game let's you be a Badass

The entire situation was a joke to me, the player, as well.

It seriously has all the immersion and depth of a facebook game but with better graphics.

Also
>This thread on Sup Forums has serious discussion
>This thread on Sup Forums has non-stop shitposting and name calling.

Sup Forums is officially better for vidya discussion than Sup Forums as of right now.

you don't have to play this mass effect at all.

ME:A is shit man. If you haven't played the original trilogy and then play this you'll be like, the fuck drugs are people taking to like this series?

Like, it feels like every person who gave a shit about the Mass Effect universe up and fucking left Bioware, and EA was like, just make sure to integrate mulitplayer into the story somehow so we can sell lootcrates and make bank.

If any cunt buys those crates I'll be fucking depressed because it just promotes doing this bullshit.

They need to hire people with some passion for the universe and lore, so the other races that aren't human don't feel like cardboard cut outs and so the universe and ambience and story feel like a real Mass Effect game again.

I had a theory that ME:A is shit on purpose so that they can make up some bs for bringing shepard back and because everyone was so depressed from this shit heap they'd get over the fact that Bioware would have to force a canon on the original trilogy to bring Shep back.

Your shepard theory is way off I reckon, but the rest of your post is sound to the pound.

For your interest user, and you may know this already but there was an SJW autist who claimed she got raped in GTA V because she INSTALLED A MOD THAT ALLOWS IT TO HAPPEN.

Would just be another insane SJW story if bioware didn't fucking hire her as a writer shortly afterwards.

rebrn.com/re/virtual-rape-in-gta-v-woman-is-now-a-writer-for-bioware-this-is-2630476/

We will never get another ME1 son, so OP should be encouraged to enjoy it above all else.

The guy behind it is a brownpride racist.

Skip ME1 - Good game but way too dated now days. Play ME2/ME3. This game... not played heard good things (and bad) from the guy who introduced me to ME so I'll get it when it goes cheap on Steam.

you are quite rigth with the Bioware Staff, most of the Leads Left or where replaced. In addition Biowares B studio was in charge of the game.

I guess it all started with DA:I fetch quests, Fucking SJW culture and lame story

The ending isn't bad anymore with the directors cut.

Probably more of a hope than a real theory.
That shit makes me sick man. Like why did these fucking retards have to infest the gaming medium? There are so many mediums who would welcome these fucking cunts, but nope let's invade the one that doesn't want us. Like holy shit man.

The Shep coming back theory is also revolving around a Mass Effect movie which I'm pretty sure they want to do, and if they make a movie it'll be about Shep, surely, so they'd have to make a canon.

Otherwise, best options for this shit heap is either; ME:A does so incredibly bad, EA do a big sweep at Bioware, or EA just ditch Bioware altogether and get a new studio for the next Mass Effect game. This new story is salvageable, I think, if they do it right, and they probably also need to make a free DLC to rewrite and retcon a few things they put in this game.

what do ya'll think about the indoctrination theory?

play number 1 for the world building then you can play it and don't listen to every one here, its the best one in the series

It was feasible but since the directors cut it's been disproved.

As someone who actually played this game: It's not very good. At all.

Most of that is because the absolute shitshow that is the writing in this game. I'm not exaggerating when I'm saying that everyone on your ship, Ryder included, acts like theyre barely 15 years old. Its beyond bad. Add to that a very weak story, buggy gameplay, and Fallout 4 levels of choices in dialogue (which means there arent any) and you have a pretty bad game.

It's still a glitchy mess and the story is less riveting than a Dutchman stirring mollases.

She's not the only snowflake on the team user.
Almost the whole 'creative' side of the development team is some kind of SJWite that bioware saved from some kind of adversity.

Don't get me wrong, people can be good writers regardless of their SJW status, after all we live in a meritocracy.

But these guys are not hired for their writing, they are hired for their backstory, and for their 'diversity'.

Behold, the result...

the characters are still better than the edgy retard in number two with family issues, garrus than and legion are the only thing that kept number two alive, 1 and three had such a boring cast everyone was so bland except wrex.

Fucking idiots at bioware, they didn't even had to write some top MGS level plot twist, the Fans did it for them but no they had to throw it out the window

Lol i remember that, it just came out of fucking nowhere too

Thats just objectively wrong. If you didnt like them its one thing, but they were leaps and bounds better than anyone in ME:A.

fuck that's bad

You don't have to play the old games to understand ME:A
But you fucking should. Because they are good.

Die hard Mass effect fan here. People hate on this game for a couple reasons. First, it was buggy before the patch (fine now). It had flickering lights, odd face movements, and bad makeup. People also don't like that the tone is much more campy with an air of exploration rather than the fate of the Galaxy. While the tone is different and some of the more obscure side quests have pretty rough writing, this game is amazing in its own right.

That being said, play the original trilogy. The story of Shepard is one of the best is Sci-Fi, and while this game is a better ARPG than any of the originals, their story must be experienced. Andromeda reminds me a lot of Mass Effect 1. I believe it's leading into an incredible second game.

Tldr: Play the originals. Andromeda is great, but it's not the story of Shepard

Damn straight.

i don't really think there was a bad member in Andromeda, while the other mass effect games would recycle the same boring character. kaiden, Ashley, Jacob and james, bland as fuck soldiers then we have jack who has the cringiest dialogue in the series, miranda is a walking ass, liara was ruined in 2 and 3.

>I'm desperately trying to put ME:A in a good light because it's the only positive thing in my disgusting life and they ruined it, but I need this and now all the girls on tumblr say ME is good.

>recycle

Lol well have fun with that new crew for at least two more games, thats gonna suck.

Unless Bioware does what they should, completely fuck over Ryder and all the others and start with someone else as main character with a completely new crew. Cause it was awful.

I pirated it yesterday, played six hours so far.

They fixed the animations and bugs. But for goodness sake pirate it. It goes Dow the same path as most new games, open world and very shallow. Alot of useless driving around and less than mediocre story and dialogue writing.

Only thing thats better is the combat mechanics. but its always the same enemies and an absolute slug on normal.

Yes bioware hires specifically for sjw status not for skill. It's been proven somewhere I think.

I pirated it when it first released before 1.05. Do you know where I can get a 1.05 torrent?

I just need the update.

ME 1,2,3 were made by professionals
ME:A was made by the diversity hires
go play 1,2,3

Don't expect one any time soon, they patches to newer denuvo

I just need the update.

>was a guy in a dead end job
>so i cut off my penis and fled to another galaxy

Game is trash play the older ones they were way better

they should just end the series

Go get the fucking trilogy and screw Andromeda.

You should eat some shit first for maximum immersion.

Numerous times have I been on a game thread in Sup Forums only to be like "well that's enough Sup Forums for now, I better check out Sup Forums... wait I was on Sup Forums?"

Don't bother with the game. I got my money's worth of gameplay hours but I'm on the spectrum. Don't be like me.

Are the weapons still all exactly the same look just different colors?