How long does it take for gold to regenerate? I just bought a mine in Wyoming, (no taxes thankfully)...

How long does it take for gold to regenerate? I just bought a mine in Wyoming, (no taxes thankfully). I'm just wondering how long on average does it take to generate about $1,000,000 worth of gold? Thanks.

wat

About 4.5 billion years

This is either a bad troll or an actual retard.

legit broke down laughing thanks mate

Don't count on it, our sun is not likely to go nova.

Respawn rates on this realm fucking blow. Sell that shit

You have to wait for the next volcanic eruption.

Gold and other ores respawn every two weeks in most areas. You have to avoid entering the mine during that time though or you'll reset the timer. Be careful though, as enemies will respawn after the same time interval.

give it about two weeks. depending on the relative humidity. that puppy should be spitting out gold like a mofo.

Gold takes 24hrs to regenerate. You need anti leprechaun traps to keep them from harvesting it to feed their pet dragons who survive on eating gold and treasure not humans which is a common misconception.

fuck gold. you should invest in the hardest metal on the planet; diamonds

Golds won't "regenerate", dumbfuck troll....

This guy has it right op. One tip though, gold is going to get a huge price bump once the new patch comes in, so hold onto what you mine for the next few months until it comes out.

you have to piss on the walls of the mine first, really soak it with piss. gives the gold its color.

restarting the server is usually the best way to respawn resources

>troll

ya think?

That hasn't happened since launch day though, and no exploits have been found to crash the servers yet. Although, if you're from another realm, and found an exploit, mind giving it to us before they patched it out?

Oh and by the way have you found the logout button? The only known way to logout is to kill your avatar. I really don't want to lose all my progress since i'm playing on an ironman server.

Gold is not a very reactive metal. In fact, some say it is less reactive than diamond, which is why gold is present in its native form. However if you place more reactive metals (such as a bucket of iron nails) in a circle with a radius of 5km around your mine with a fair 100m gap between the buckets then a displacement reaction will take place which forces gold from the rocks it is found in and forms ore. Not only can you sell this ore and make more money then selling the bucket of irons but all the gold that coats the more reactive rocks (you've heard of electroplating, right?) will diffuse across the semi-permeable earth into your mine. That is why fighting in Africa over mines of diamond and gold are so intense. Before they realised you can force gold to diffuse, people would place down mines. These mines contained more reactive metals and all the gold in the minefield diffused into a much more concentrated and smaller area.

I had a boss who unironically believed that oil regenerated in the earth. This dense motherfucker would get so upset by me telling him he was wrong he would threaten to fire me. God I miss you Ray, eat shit and die

they bring the servers down every couple weeks for updates, and very rarely for maintenance, not sure how you miss it tbh

You only need the sun to blow up you moron

It's a shame that the oil bug isn't fixed yet, The price for oil is shooting up and if they don't patch it soon so it respawns, we're going to have trouble on this realm.

But he was right though...
It just takes some million years

Include me in the screencap

Hmm, pretty sure we're on different realms then. Are you by chance on the beta build?

Well done on buying a gold mine, user.
I legit bought into a gold mining start up called China Goldmines that was listed on the UK AIM market (CGM). Everything was awesome, the assays were good, the management were European, competent and experienced.
In fact, it was so good local bandits stormed the mind one night and stole all of the trucks with 50 tonnes of unrefined ore.
The management discovered the local cops were on the side of the bandits and they were forced out of the investment. The mining rights were sold back to the Chinese but it cost me about a grand.
Could have been worse, I could have invested in Bre-X

Aww sucks to hear that man, didn't you read the player guides for that though? Always use a player made contractor agency instead of the world spawned pops if you're serious about defending your assets. Also, if your investing in another player's company, make sure they have a player made company protecting it. Makes it a lot less hassle for higher chance of profit. Of course, player raids are still a bit of an issue depending on where you invest/buy.

the fuck. it was full release yeeeears ago, although they constantly release dlc thats overpriced and literally every update they release turns it into a bigger joke

he isnt wrong the default respawn timer is just way to fucking long

Ah sorry i meant the development build. The server where they bug test things?

Btw your totally right on that dlc.

My dick is diamonds. Invest in my dick.

That feeling when you own a goldmine that rapes you
From the Chairman's Report:
China Goldmines began producing gold in early 2008. However, throughout the year we began to experience increasing operational disturbances that were outside of the Company's control. These arose in part from Chinese cultural issues in managing the mines and interaction with the local population. In May 2009, there was a significant attack at our Xiang Lu mine site and the Bao Mu Yuan Plant. Fifty or more thieves broke in and raided the high grade ore/concentrate and threatened staff. We were forced to close down the Xiang Lu operations to ensure the safety of the Company's workers and to avoid more theft of high grade ore.

no, regular servers just like everyone else, what timezone are you? downtimes probably during your regular rem time or something

A-U-S-E-2015

What about you?

>The amount of unironic posts in this thread

yeh ur screwed

damn.

Gold doesn't work like that, bro. Older mines usually leave placer gold (grains and dust) behind; didn't have the tech or know-how to get it. Get a dry washer, filters, acids, and a chem hood.

Better idea is get the land assayed and find out what's there. My Great-grandmother's family had their homestead assayed, they only had chickens and sheep, turned out there was a massive lead deposit there and they made a fortune in WWI. Stupid grandparents and parents squandered the wealth.

listen to this guy. Charlie knows what hes talking about